Cannabis

What does Veeky Forums think of marijuana?

Gave me brainfog which Ive had for half a year now, so I don't smoke it, wish I could tho shit was good

it's great

wouldve killed myself if i didnt have legalization to look forward to

It's pretty dope, brah.

used to smoke a fair bit, don't really enjoy the way it makes me feel anymore. Brain gets foggy, tough to focus, get really sleepy but no matter how long I sleep I dont feel well rested (ive heard it fucks with REM sleep so that might be why), can't be as productive.

I'll still get high once in a while with friends because it definitely makes media like movies or video games funnier or more mind blowing. But I don't see many movies or play video games alone so i'd say I get high maybe once a month if that.

Makes cutting hard.

I'm in the 303 so I grow my own in tents in the basement. I love to open the tent and lift next to the plants so I can share with them my CO2, and they share with me their oxygen.

DUDE!

>compromising your humidity and temperature for some meme breathplay fetish
hows ur first grow going bud

Nice try guy. You can troll me about shit YOU know nothing about.

*can't

post your girls so i can make fun of them

It's good shit. All things in moderation but seriously has nearly 0 effect on lifting, just exercise self control with eating and your fine. It's great for bulking obvious, helps inflammaton and joint pain also. Win/win. I just prefer to only smoke at night now and always after lifting. To each their own though, I don't judge

I thought you'd never ask.

This is like the 4th thread this week but if it doesn't make you lazy or overeat go for it man. Personally I don't like doing it all the time but if it doesn't affect your life negatively there shouldn't be a problem.

>half a year
That might be something else bud, the brain fog should last for a day or two tops

p good you can have this one

WEED!

It's alright prefer drinking tbqh

Evryone i know that smokes regularly is a lazy useless fuck so i guess moderation is the key

It's a Jilly Bean x Chem Dog. You in the 303? I'll give you some to taste home boy.

I vape 0.5 a day. Usually twice, one after lunch, and one after dinner.
It's great for relaxation when microdosed. Though brain fog happens, I can easily clear it with a couple of chess matches on my phone.

The long term effects from what I've observed in my stoner days was the lack of dreams or REM sleep.

> Jilly Bean x Chem Dog

Kill yourself

Smoke weed erry day just don't be a nig nog about it.

It's fun but I have an addictive personality so I'm trying to stay away now

I've found the exact opposite. Once you learn to manage the munchies, weed will take your mind of hunger. You just have to stay occupied.

What's like being sad all the time?

I think the biggest thing with weed is that you make sure you've completed all that needs to be completed in your day before you partake. I find that it kills motivation and ambition and you'll easily brush off your responsibilities once you're high.

I smoke every day but not until i'm home from the gym, dinner cooked and cleaned up. Then it's pure relaxation without any worry of procrastination.

I also found that staying occupied with while high makes it much more enjoyable as you won't get into that introspective overthink mode that is pretty damaging to your self esteem and confidence.

Just my two cents.

>addictive personality
aka you lack discipline and blame it on modern terms for made up bullshit

This.

I used to use this cop out excuse all the time because it was easier than admitting I couldn't control my impulses.

We got it; You hate weed. Good thing you're wasting so much energy in a thread about it. You might actually have to pay attention to something that makes you happy.

Once or twice a week tops (actually more like a month), never on weekdays, only as a social thing and never on my own. Was a pothead daily smoker for years and it made me worse at everything. Physical ability, mental ability, memory, motivation, energy, social life, general mood, getting somewhere in life etc. Besides it's not even fun, you just smoke because you've smoked yourself into a corner where you're so bored and unable to do anything that the only remedy is to smoke more. Honestly wish I never tried it.

Not that guy, but hating weed and hating undisciplined excuse making faggots are two completely different things

Smoking weed made me mad for somereason i don't know why

I like it when i'm in a good mood. If I'm sad or pissed it just makes it worse because I just think about what made me sad or angry

I bet you tell depressed people to be themselves and smile too

The guy is at least aware he is not in control of his impulses. Who fucking cares what he calls it?

I bet you blame all of your problems on other people, things, or events.

Makes me mad anxious and gives me brainfog the next day. Both indica and sativa strains.

Yet he has created something to blame and justify his lack of impulse control on. Ergo, he is a faggot. Negative reinforcement will make all of us better, don't be such pussies.

I don't get why you're so mad that I stopped smoking because I realized it was a problem to me. If I was so weak willed I would have continued smoking and being a depressed lazy shit instead of quitting after years and trying to be happy through other means

Every time I smoke it my blood pressure goes down and my hart gets crazy fast. I also get nauseous and dizzy as fuck.

I hate weed

>I don't get why you're so mad that I quit smoking

i'm not mad that you quit smoking. I'm not mad at all actually. I just pointed out that there is a difference between disliking weed and disliking excuse making faggots. Which you responded with a really faggy insult.

Who's really mad here?

He's taking responsibility for a known character flaw. Literally doing what you think he should be doing and you still can't get over yourself enough to see it.
I bet you think recovering alcoholics should just quit crying and just have a few drinks.

>i bet you

Fuck off with this faggotry

Do you smoke weed, though? What are your thoughts on smoking weed as it relates to be Veeky Forums?

Nice, how big is your basement?

Weed makes me feel like a shitty loser. Might be because of the actual effects or it might be because how awful the whole "stoner culture" is.

If you want drugs do coke.

The tents (one veg/T5, one 600w HPS) are 4x4 each.

agree user

Jelly as fuck Tbh, I wanna start growing my own shit soon.
Growing myself means I can spend more money on whey.

just skip the middleman and grow whey yourself you autist

Are you in a state that allows it? If so it's both rewarding and profitable and guess what I used to use my empty whey containers for?

V good advice

Your only options are to stop smoking, or smoke a lot more and build up a bit of tolerance to it. I went through the same thing so I feel ya

Weed weakens the legs.

please share some tips senpai

This.

This is the shittiest advice I've read all day.

I have lived in Amsterdam for the last couple of years and I have gone through various stages of smoking weed.

1) Arrived (still as a Phd student) in Amsterdam, I was like a 'kid in a candy store'. Would bunker down in cafe's for hours, smoking from 4pm on wards everyday (mainly at home).

2) Realised I was already behind in my research-so just smoked at night, had gained some weight.

3) After a 1/2 years, I started becoming a bit anxious and lost all my gains that I had made over the last few years. Serious brain fog at times. Was teaching masters students and forgot/fumbled my lines. Realised enough is enough.

4) Quit everything for 3-4 months. Felt reasonably fresh

5) I missed it too much, so now I just smoke some light hash at night between 10pm-12am. Smoke some normal weed at the weekend.

Can you break me off a nug

alcohol is better, after detox will make me want to workout harder, no significant difference in gains.

i agree, I have only one toke 3 hours before bed and some days i feel like its the only thing I look forward too. makes being entirely alone feel ok.

Time and place for everything. Not all day every day. I have been smoking for six years now, made great gains. Helped a bit with bulking out of skinnyness.

Pretty much done with weed now. Smoked almost every day for a year and half and it left me with low motivation, brain fog, memory problems and I was awkward in social situations (pretty much made it impossible to flirt).

It's been less than a week and I already feel sharper and more motivated. I always used to brush people off who said that it could be harmful but it is true.

LMAO!

/thread

I drink water if I get any hunger/thirst faggot. Not that hard not to eat

I did it multiple times a day until I took too much one time and had a brutal, really fucked up panic attack that completely fucked me up for a little bit. It totally turned me off to it and i haven't done it all that much since. that's roughly the time I started getting Veeky Forums too...

Arnold used to smoke, Michael Phelps used to smoke. There you have it, one beast and one otter that did not suffer losses due to it. Stress relief may count as a benefit.

Humidity and temperature, you mist me bro.

not a popular lifestyle choice on this forum or otherwise, but I smoke that shit pretty much all day every day except before work. Doing it before workouts helps take my mind off the pain, especially when I put music or netflix on in the background, but I definitely prefer sativas for that when I can get them. If it feels right, go for it. If you feel you need to step away from it, then do. You know yourself and what you can handle, everybody's definition of "moderation" and "excess" are basically their own.

we literally have this thread every two days. lurk moar.

Based anons

Going on like this for a decade, life is good

>introspective overthink mode

I like this mode, its the reason I smoke, I don't overthink imo

I did it a lot in first 2 years of college, got busted end of 2nd year (aka last year) due to dumbass roommate that decided to sell and was obvious as hell. I got busted with my tiny stash and got 1st offense.

Pros:
>More fun that alcohol IMO, feels better and funnier conversations and shenanigans. Fun video games as well and food is delicious
>Cheaper than alcohol with a vaporizer
>Hell, it's so cheap i don't care if I'm lighting random people up so it's easy friends/acquaintances
>Technically safer since nobody throws up

Cons
>More obvious than alcohol
>Worse stigma with adults (my parents are first gen Russians so they're heavy against it)
>Brain fog (memory goes shit, ive been clean entire summer and the difference is noticeable)

By God do I miss it sometimes, but i don't dare risk it for parents or second offense which is suspension.

fag

>ive heard it fucks with REM sleep so that might be why
it does. also same here. I sleep constantly but no dreams at all. fuck weed I like my dreams

WE DID IT REDDIT!

How many whey plants do I need to grow before I can stop buying the prepackaged stuff?

Thats some gracious bud there buddy

haven't smoked in about a year. every time i take a break, the first smoke always makes me freak the fuck out about everything in my life like it used to do when i first started smoking...

so i'm waiting for the right opportunity. like when i meet a huge personal goal or something. no concrete goals atm tho. fuck.

what if you took ZMA and smoked weed?

looks shit tier :(

You're a fucking retard, user.

>"I hate the culture associated with a non-addictive, cheap and relatively safe drug. You should use a highly addictive, expensive and physically harmful drug instead."

Love it but it has downside. Like the fact that I eat complete shit and can't do anything constructive.

The good thing is I' relaxed as fuck, I usually smoke it with friends so it's alays a good time. I sleep well and I feel rested the next day.

I wish I was rich enough to smoke it everyday without worrying about anything.

Guess what I used my old Whey containers for.
If you're in CO we can make it happen.
Thanks buddy! It's a labor of love.
If you use 3# or greater pots to finish them in, 3 will be more than enough for you.
Nice try baddie.

It can, but if you master the munchies then it makes cutting easier. It distracts you from hunger and makes you hate it less, especially on hard cuts.

I smoke a lot of pot.

The key is to smoke to escape reality and be so depressed you're not eating anyway.

Had an edible once in Amsterdam

I could not stop laughing

I like it alone, but it turns people insufferable.

And I don't meant it in the way alcohol does. At least in that case they'll just get violent or angry, but as soon as it passes you know the old person is back.
But shit, I can't stand people on weed "philosophizing". Because they become completely unable to distinguish between what is dictated by their overly stimulated feelings, and what is actually reality.

They'll have these 'epiphanies', 'enlightments', and then you'll have to sit as they describe the most retarded shit ever conceived by man, and watch them be so satisfied as if they'd really found the meaning of life, when it always boils down to "Man, if only people had, you know, like, feelings, all the time, you dig???"

And then they turn sober again.
But because unlike alcohol it's not a simply physical reaction, they'll still be convinced that the bullshit they spouted makes sense.
So you have to watch your friends become permanently more retarded, their worldviews deteriorating every time they get a new 'epiphany'.

Fuck I hate weed.

>Experience other people using marijuana act retarded
>All marijuana users are retarded

You're a genuine idiot.

what if
they're right and you're wrong man
fuck

woah
blew my mind

I'll take banal bantz over fist fighting everyday.

I understand the appeal, it's just not for me tho. It also creates a sickening state of complacency in some of my fave people.

>one of my roommates is a somewhat motivated, but misguided dude
>pretty smart guy, musician, reads a lot, free thinker, all that shit
>convince him to stop smoking cigs
>goes all in & stops smoking cigs & weed
>saves up more money than he's ever had
>celebrate him having more than 1000 in his savings for the first time
>he starts working out & eating clean
>modest gains & weight lost, heightened motivation to make it

But theeeeen
>picks weed back up
>stops lifting & biking
>starts eating cereal with chocolate milk all the time
>pizza all the time
>starts smoking cigs again
>spends the day sitting on the couch, staring out the window

He says he wants to stop again & I'm all in on helping him. Great dude, but he has some vices.

>tfw he says that I motivate him to be better & that he "relapsed" when I was gone for a week

brain fog would still be a major turn-off for me.

It's generally ok to do it socially, but doing it everyday is degeneracy. If you need to be high all the time, the odds are high that you may be a piece of shit.

Yep. You can fix habits, but people often revert when they hit a roadbump. What I personally do is have a Failure Plan
>Oh shit, I really want to do some coke right now
>FAILURE PLAN INITIATE
>PLAN A START
>Gotta run until this shit goes away
>Run for two hours
>Still want to do coke
>PLAN A FAILED
>PLAN B START
>Take a long cold shower
>Still want to do coke
>PLAN B FAILED
>PLAN C START
>Jerk off until the sun comes up
>Urge to snort coke gone
>FAILURE PLAN SUCCEEDED
Works every fucking time. Also having someone to talk me down would help, but my "friends" are degenerates who are barred up everyday so I don't even want to talk to them anymore. But if you can be that someone for your friend, you should be.

You're no fun