ITT: Shit-tier/overrated exercises

ITT: Shit-tier/overrated exercises.

Kicking it off with pic related.
>only good exercise for manlets and their short arms
>highest potential for fucking yourself up
>look like a massive pussy more so than other exercises if you can't finish a set after moving up weight

I just do The Press™ and flies for the front shoulders and chest. This one's only good if you like your spotters nuts hanging in your face.
Who here /fuckbench/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99nu3TywFdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How the fuck do you bench that wide? I literally can't move my upper arms behind my back. It's not flexibility, the bones just hit each other and stop. Does the guy in the pic twist his arms a lot inwards at the last second or do I have an abnormal skeleton?

Anything that makes you contort unnaturally.

So rows and low bar squats

Your ring finger should be placed on the little ring/space separation near the handle. It's on most 45lb bars. Assuming you have normal sized arms tho. It's not hard, John McCain

If your elbow can't go behind your back you have some major issues that I cannot begin to diagnose

>>t. 45lb 1RM bench press

Shrugs and barbell rows. I always see just awful ROMs of guys at my gym doing em. Never bothered with em.

What's with barbell rows? If you get the full ROM they're pretty good. What the hell else do you do besides deadlift?
I used to use the landmine but nah.

not op, but I fucking hate barb rows too. Seated barb rows are way the hell better. I get full focus on my back seated. I'm pretty sure no bodybuilders even do barb rows either, shit is just useless

The only people who hate bench are those with shit form

Or you just have shitty form and use your lower back to lift the weight. At 200 lb row and have no issues with "feeling it."

Squats.
>fucking up your back, knees, and ankles

What the fuck are you even thinking?

No you retard. It's tiring. When you're seated you don't need to hold it with your back and legs. No one fucking does standing barb rows, no one.

>using your lower back to lift the weight?
>DYEL

What are you talking about? You don't DL. Dont talk to me or my wifes son ever again

Bench press is great for tricep overload

I'm team /benchtoassistOHP/

forearms perpendicular to floor senpai

You're just retarded. Have fun being retarded for the rest of your life.

Bicep curls
>small muscles
>only useful for vanity
>doesn't actually build arms
>3/4 times, the person doing curls is fat/old and rarely if ever lifts

bro we get it, you're weak and its "tiring"

Just plac them as wide as they need to be to allow your elbows, wrists and forearms vertical for the entire movement

yeah not a big fan of BB curls but hammer and seated are pretty dope

I hurt my shoulder bench pressing the other day and said fuck it. I'm just going to ohp from here on out, it feels so much healthier.

> I'm pretty sure no bodybuilders even do barb rows
Oh man, you better do what they do bro. Except you know, without the gear, so you can sit around and wonder why you look like shit after 3 years. All you need is clean diet and dedication bro.

>I don't do barbell rows because they're tiring

Do you not exercise, too, because it's tiring?

I can never get my form right on barb rows, especially the supposedly superior pendlay rows, so I always end up using pic related for my rows. A-am I gonna make it?

This is completely irrelevant due to shit tons of variations on knurling, not to mention varying arm lengths/body proportions.

This is a much more reasonable cue to figuring out your correct form.

This.
Im a manlet so my opinion is bias about the subject but bench is my favorite exercise. I just feel comfortable and have good mind muscke connection in the movement.

Is this bait or can everyone so this?

squat press and clean is all you need

You really can't move your elbows back that far? I just tried it and my elbows go back fast past my back.

nice meme faggot

I choose barbell rows cause there's like a golden zone for grip and if you grip even a mm out of that golden zone it feels like you're fucking up your elbows
>I still do it tho cause I want to row 1xBW atleast

/fuckbench/
worst exercise there's absolutely no reason to do it

Nigga I can almost make my elbows touch eachother behind my back.
Get that shit checked.

My favourite flits are the Bench press and Deadlift.

My least favourite are squats, but I do them anyway.

HOWEVER OVERHEAD PRESS IS SHIT
>Less technique driven than bench
>I had a very short wing span but they are still uncomfortable
>only way to cheat ROM destroys your back while a bench arch is safer than benching with a a "flat" arch
>you use smaller weights and can never really go into the 200kg territory for a strict press
>you have to stand and after squatting and benching for the past 2 hours standing is the last thing I want to do lol
>grinding the overhead press is a lot harder than grinding any other lift

bb bench press
regular deadlift
leg press

what i do instead, respectively:
db bench, incline db bench presses, dips
RDL
front squat

t. Shit bench

This fucking potato can bench 315lbs confirmed
What's your excuse?

who here /fucklegs/?

start with a light weight so that you know how the proper movement pattern goes

are you taking a big breath and pulling the slack off the weight before exploding it to your chest when doing pendlay rows

This thing is absolute trash.
Also dumbell flys are a fucking meme, you can do neutral dumbell bench press to get the same effect without fucking your shit up.

rows

why not just do chins and deadlifts

t. lanklet with a shitty bench

not sure if shitposting

neutral db bench press works mainly triceps and chest a bit

db flys isolate chest and shoulders a bit

alternative to db flys is cable flys, which feel more natural than db flys for most people

>chins

why not just do rows

seriously bodyweight exercises suck when you're bulking, you can 10lbs of muscle on your legs and suddenly you feel weaker and can't do as many reps, even though you're objectively stronger in every lift.

*you gain

If you're gaining weight so fast your chin numbers take a nosedive, you're overdoing the bulk.

Why don't people do dumbbell bench? It's even more muscles and stabilizers worked. The one issue with it is it gets hard to get into position with heavier weights.

>mfw

No, you just can't do rows properly. Stop using momentum and do them like this
youtube.com/watch?v=99nu3TywFdQ

Me. I start off with the press and go into DB bench. it feels better on my shoulders and has better chest hypertrophy

Nah I have a rounded right shoulder so it becomes a right shoulder press with a left chest press. Shits fucked