Dad general

I arm wrestled my dad tonight and won for the first time. Pic related

Tell me about your dad, Veeky Forums

Alabama?

San Diego

Can't tell which is the dad

Right side is dad

Found out my dad is exactly like me. He likes being alone, he likes drinking alone, he doesn't feel much of anything anymore. He comes home from work and does nothing with his life.

Hes well liked, high up in his job, does great work. But you can tell hes just tired of life.

I wish he'd stop drinking.

My dad did unacceptable things to me as a child, one day I will pay him a visit and introduce him to my katana.

>teleports behind you

The more I learn about my dad and his past, the more I realize I've made the exact same mistakes and experienced some of the exact same things he has when he was my age

I'm sure that's typical of every son who learns about his father, but it just kind of struck me

also, I one day wish to have a kid so that I may be bestowed with dad strength. No matter how hard I trained or how tough I got, my dad has always been stronger and tougher. It's baffling

Nothing personnel,kid

>unsheathes dick from foreskin

While I appreciate you not contributing to gun violence, katana is still lame as fuck.
Buy him a longsword and challenge him to a duel.
Don't forget to use one yourself.

looks like ur gonna get cucked by your dad

especially with that fugly beard

>101.5 kgb
My nigga.

Listened to DSC all my life

your dad kinda looks like wolverine

Which one of you is the bottom?

My dad and I listened to that too but it's been shit since they changed

He's been happily married for 25 years

I don't know who my father is

Do you wish you did?

Agreed, I miss the chin dong days

:(

Holy shit. This is the first time someone on Veeky Forums didn't make fun of me for not knowing who my father is

I would probably be a slightly better adjusted person, but I'm 27 and made this far and made a life for myself so it's whatever

I can't actually believe anything my mother says about anything so can't ask her

We're all gonna make it, brah

Who?

He's a egotistical ass that's going to die before 50 from his awful diet, +40% bf, roid heart and dependency on stimulants. He'd rather get offended then make a change in his diet. Ffs he wasn't always like this.

do you ever feel the lack of an older male presence in your life? i feel like there's things you can't talk to your mom about that your dad is there for

Good job Jamal

dad an heroed two weeks before my 16th birthday. the older i get, the more i relize how much of an introvert he was and that he was actually quite a softie on the inside. a good heart, but didnt get the love he deserved. sometimes i blame myself, i didnt tell him that i love him till just before he died. i am an introvert too. sometimes i can pick up similarities between me and him when depression creeps up, then i have to change something. im a lot like him and i hate having to change to not get depressed. he was my hero as a kid. you know? its a dark place man. its what keeps me lifting, helps me deal with the feels.
feels good to vent, even if it is on an anonymous image board

Definitely. Used to have a lot of problems building an identity because there is nothing to go off of, and positive male role models are non-existent

You're both faggots.

Why?

Your dad sounds like a good dude. But I don't think anything you did would have changed the outcome.
Godspeed user

Skinnyfat narcissist who preached high reps low weight. Literal murderer. Couldn't watch Pulp Fiction because "it hit too close to home."

Still kind of idolize him. Self-sufficient to a fault, confident, charismatic, seemed capable of fixing any machine or structure, my sister and I never went hungry, and his past never came back to haunt his family.

My dad is a bit of a whore who really spends a lot of time seeking the approval of others and does not want to be the bad guy when the situation calls for it.

He's also a fairly impatient man who didn't actually have what it took to tell me about the things I needed to know as a kid.

But I learned by watching him and picking up bits and pieces there. And no man ever had a better stronger braver father and friend. Even though he's a bit of a selfish douche who'll throw me under the bus for a bit of approval from others.

I also realize that I'll never be a good father or father figure. But a lot of the kids in my family and other kids and even some grown adults all sometimes call me dad or see me as a father like role. Something that I do not approve of and fear.

Ah well. Back to my anime and net surfing.

>dad was 6'1 250lbs
>barrel chest
>bit of a belly
>legs for arms
>bigger legs for legs
>witnessed him strict curl a 80lb dumbbell
>he accidentally froze his hands in liquid propane so he had no feeling in them
>used this super power to terrify me and my friends by grabbing burning logs and moving them around in the campfire
>ate onion and pepper sandwiches
>had a massive hipster mustache before hipsters existed
>ripped beer cans in half when he finished them
>refused to let me watch crap like power rangers or pokemon and instead got me into classic films by leone, coppola, kubrick, etc.
>got to watch full metal jacket when i was 8
>let me start drinking black coffee when i was in 7th grade
>taught me how to throw a punch and do basic holds in 2nd grade because i was getting bullied alot
>when 3rd grade rolls around, im now the bully
>had rage problems and would randomly beat the fuck out of me, i dont hold it against him because i know he genuinely cared for me and he hated his inability to control his emotions
>got distant when i moved out but we started reconnecting and watching classic movies again
>finally tell him i love him, ive never seen him cry but i swear he almost did
>apologizes for a lifetime of abuse
>thick silence ended by man sounds and beer bottles opening
>dies two weeks later from a massive heart attack
seriously though, onion sandwiches on the thickest slices of bread youve ever seen. then he wouldnt wipe up the onion juice and when he made you a peanut butter sandwich it was like an onion was jizzing in your mouth

>tfw both me and my dad suck at arm wrestling
Cant understand it. Both of us a big and strong and his arms are pretty fucking big even at 50 years old but we just suck.

I beat my dad in bloody knuckles today. Dude was a boxer for a while, felt good besides the fact it took me five minutes to type this

It's pronounced san diaaago

He's an asshole who stole money from his mother and was heavily abusive towards me. Lived unhealthily back when I was younger, smoked like a broke stove, don't know how he lives now. The only good thing he ever did in his life was impregnate my mother.
>mfw I found out he has lung cancer
That fucker better have me in his will, he stole all the money from the college fund his mother set up for me.

My dad has arthritis and goes to the steam room whenever I take him to the gym

My dad was a traditional far left revolutionary up till his late 30s. Spent all his time organizing rallies, marches, strikes, and protests. Didn't really have time for me, but he treated my mom real good. Was also really fit, but only did calestenics and cardio.

I spend a lot of time with him now, he bitches about the modern left for hours on end. I'm pretty apolitical though

My dad was a coke head alcoholic who walked out on his family after physically abusing my mother for years.

It gave me something though. "When I grow up I'm gonna be a god father to my kids and not a piece of shit like him"

So far so good.

I was the fat autistic type until I started lifting in college.

My dad has a lot of love for me but he was always somewhat ashamed of how I turned out. He'd rip on me around his adult friends a lot. It really bothered me. On a few occasions I'd get the courage to tell him how it hurt me, but he'd just say "I only do it because I love you", like how you rip on your friends. But that never made it any better. I just kinda went silent to deal with it. Spoke as little as possible to him, etc.

It felt like my dad was a bully I couldn't get away from. But at the same time he does care about me a lot. I want to maintain a relationship with him as an adult but all this unresolved shit makes it difficult.

Also feels like I cheated my parents out of the proper experience of raising a child. Probably had all these expectations of the experiences they would have with me. Boy were they wrong, they got a weird fucking kid. I also tried to share as little of myself as possible with the man while I was a teenager, and I know that was difficult for him.

My father is the greatest man I have ever met honestly I feel sorry for you guys here who didn't have a strong father figure because I attribute all of my success to him and the things he taught me.
>always a monster of a man
>benched 355 in highschool at 205 a record that still stands today
>dirt poor growing up
>shoveled shit out of highschool until he met my mom and wanted to give her a better life
>joined the army and served for four years because he had no money for college
>worked his way through college and finally got an ok job as a salesman after he graduated
>immediately asks my mom to marry him
>stays at the company for almost 30 years
>now runs it making ridiculous money
>mom now gets to retire at 54 to help take care of grandkids
>pays for all four of his kids college so we don't have to go through what he went through
>they day I graduate highschool he gives me a letter
>around 50 pages typed
>talks about all of his regrets raising us and how he wishes he would have been there more and how sorry he was for being so hard on us
>dedicates a section of his letter to talk about how proud of me he is and how it makes him so happy that I'm lifting and trying to improve myself
>I cry when I read it for the first time
>I cry every time I read it
>crying now thinking about how much he sacrificed for me and my siblings so we wouldn't have to struggle as hard as he did
>could still probably out bench 75% of fit even now at 55

I love you dad
I will make you proud

dude, your dad is amazing. kudos to him.

>been afraid to tell my dad how much I party and how I'm addicted to drugs
>he hasn't even drank since before I was born
>cleaning out an old storage unit
>find his alcoholics anonymous and narcotics anonymous papers from when he was on tour with Rush
>things start to make sense

He was never a part of my life and died last year before I got a chance to meet him. My brother, who lived with him, told me that he'd regretted how our (nonexistent) relationship turned out but didn't reach out because he was ashamed of himself and didn't want to bother me.

For being someone I never met, I took his passing kinda hard. I wish he'd just reached out.

I've got two of my own kids, and I'm not patient enough with them and don't play with them as much as I should. I've all but kicked my video game habit and have started being more physical, in an effort to free up time to spend with them.

Just trying to get big enough to give him the ass kicking he deserves, if I ever see him around.

lmao

Yea man I kinda wish I could post the whole letter here because I think it would help a lot of the younger kids here through the bullshit that is adolescence. But it gets pretty personal. But heres probably the part that helped me through the most.

>I know that you must from time to time wonder if there is something wrong with you, wonder if maybe you are not good enough or strong enough or nice enough. You may wonder just how I know this, how I can see into your deepest darkest insecurities. I know this, I can see this, because as a teenager I was often plagued with those very same doubts. Many nights I lay in bed and wondered why I couldn't be just a little smarter, a little better athlete, a little more popular, a little thinner, a little more well liked. I often wonered why my best just was not good enough. I am about to let you in on a couple of well kept secrets that hopefully will make feelings like this just a little easier to bear.
>The first is that everybody feels this way. I shit you not boy; everybody from time to time doubts his own self worth. There is not a single person in your school no matter how popular how pretty, how smart that has not felt the pain of self doubt.
>Truth of the matter is that I don't know of a single teenager myself included, that hasn't spent the better part of ages 12 to 21 in some form of quite desperation. Everybody feels like that 5th wheel from time to time, like they just don't fit in, but you do, and you will...

Sorry about the blog post by the way I'm just feeling nostalgic

That was nice user thanks

i'm 20 and extremely distant with my dad despite still living together.
we rarely talk about anything and i barely have any feelings towards him. i feel like an ungrateful piece of shit.
is it my fault?

>tfw dad is fit ottermode
>encourage me to work out everytime he see me shirtless
>tfw he alway beat me in arm wrestle
I'll fucking beat you one day dad, i'm taller than you now and i'll be stronger than you, you old fuck.

Dad died when I was 3. I'm the youngest of three siblings and my brother and sister have a couple scant memories of him. I'll try to sum him up as much as I know.

>Dad was about 5'11" but supposedly very muscular
>Mom said on their first date they went to a house party and he pointed at a random guy and said he was gonna kick his ass. Apparently he kicked his ass and they eventually had kids.
>Brother was bastard kid and then they got married
>Dad had shit for brain education. Became a minor drug dealer because he couldn't function as a regular person in society
>Mom supported him, they fought but stayed together because children.
>One night he goes to cabin with friend, ends up with 2 shotgun shells in him
>Guy buries him and says he ran away
>Eventually he confessed under pressure

To clarify the drug dealer thing his parents were both hippies who moved into the woods in the late 70's and my grandpa grew weed and was a "carpenter" to pay bills. My dad got a shit high school education so he wasn't ready for real world shit when he moved to a town that wasn't more than 100 people.

Thanks for sharing this with us

:)

My dad wrote me out of his will when I decided I didn't want to go to medical school and chose to do my own thing instead.

Honestly wouldn't care if I never saw him again.

Same for me, I was 17 tree weeks before christmas. He was on depression drugs since I was 3 after his brother killed himself. I can't tell if I even knew him, knowing that drugs fuck you up. I believe he was a genuine good guy that was always taken advantages of.
I have only regrets left.

Fuck. Cannot tell you enough how I wanted this. I would kill to have had a dad like yours.

Look at that photo. You can almost see the smiles even though the faces are blacked out.
Thank you for posting this, and the section of the letter. Do us a favour and text or call him, and tell him you love him.

I wish I spend more time with my father when i was younger. My mother didn't want to be with him because I was born with some health problem, that affects lungs mostly and he didn't care about that, he was always smoking around me, so she didn't want to live with him, and they had problems in their marriage before. That is what she told me.

I saw him maybe once a year, he usually bought me something when i finish school year with best grades. He smokes and drinks all day, he is not really fat but has big gut, probably from all that alcohol, only sport he did was hunting. He is really smart, worked in high positions, now he is retired but he still works somewhere, I saw him on tv few months ago he was doing some work for government.

Last time I saw him in person was like 3 years ago, he had some health problems, and there was possibility he was going to die, so he called me to give me money because by law he needs to take care of me until im 26 (something like that). So he calculated how much that is and gave me money.

Don't worry user I will

Dad abused me and my mum while I grew up.
Mum would hide me away while he raped and beat her, she told me it was just a long game of hide and seek till I was old enough to understand what was happening while I hid under the stairs
Used to burn me, I've still got the brand scars. He'd only hurt me where the schools would never see - mum told me never to tell anyone what he did. She tried to escape once with me and he nearly killed her
Think the most vivid memory I have was when I came back one afternoon and saw him holding her in the living room, dancing with her. Slow dance, with a romantic song on the radio. He was holding her almost tenderly. Looked mum in the eyes and she just shook her head, very very slowly and motioned for me to go hide, which I did

Got a job when I was 12 delivering papers, never told dad about it because he would have just taken the money. All the money went on food which me and mum ate in secret.
When I was 13 I got a job on a farm, just part time after school. Spent 3 hours a day lifting hay bales from barn to barn, and carrying sacks of logs up a hill. The farmers wife fed me like a horse, went to bed every night so full I felt sick, with spare food in my backpack to take for mum

When I was 15, dad came back one night more drunk than usual. Me and mum were playing scrabble, and he lost his shit because apparently the house wasn't clean enough. Started beating the shit out of her, hit her with his belt so hard I heard her teeth crack.

Not sure what it was, but right there and then I realised what a small man he was. He'd always seemed giant, like I could never stand up to him. I'd grown a lot from the farm work, and was one hell of a lot bigger than him now that I'd eaten properly for the last 2 years rather than starved

Don't remember much of what happened next, but I knocked him through the dining room table and I remember grabbing that belt and whipping his face till I didn't even recognise him

Mum and me ran. Been safe since

My dad tried to strangle me when i was 15 so i hit him in the head with a rubber covered 2 kg dumbbell and ran away. That was 4 years ago and the point that turned my life around for the better.

My dad was a 2nd dan black belt in Judo, he went on to try out for the olympics but didn't qualify. He kept in good shape most of his life until one day he got sick and started taking antibiotics. During that time we went to play soccer and he tore his meniscus. He can walk around and all but can't play soccer, do judo anymore cous of his knee.

What kind of a father do you want to be?

Jesus fucking Christ what a life
I'm glad you' made it out user

>Slices tyrone into tyrtwo

what a man

fucking hell user, wish you the best.

Never heard of him again?

>tfw you have no connection with your father no mather how you try

he is abusive piece of shit responsible for everyone mental problems in this house but I still kind of like him

Why couldn't i have had a similar experience. My dad is a deadbeat addict who refuses to take responsibility for anything and guilt trips me at any opportunity.

my dad gets uncomfortable when talking about lifting, he doesn't talk about it much

maybe its because he's afraid I'll surpass him? it's kinda sad

>Dad competed in Kick boxing and has his own gym
>Dedicated to it, has been training for 15 years or so
>Won one national championship
>Made the whole family proud
>Successful business
>At 15 start going into kickboxing to go in his steps
>Join his rival club because it was on the way home from highschool
>Lots of fun
>I'm nowhere near his level tho
>Keep training
>At 18 go into my first savate competition
>Win 3 amateurs fight
>At 19 Won 2 kickboxing and one boxing match
>I know he'd be proud of me
It's been 12 years and I still can't get over his death. I've been training 5 days a week for him for 4 years. He is the reason why I've stepped on the ring, and why I never backed down.

sell it to hollywood

>be turkroach in England
>bullied for being turkroach (not a muzzie)
>dad had bipolar he would always beat me and shout "İ WANT TO SEE YOU FUCKİNG BLEED" (he had really good language skills he can speak lots of languages like he was a native)
>my mum divorced him before i was born because he used to beat shit out of her too
>he'd only stop once we were bleeding
>mum is poor af, she can't get a job cause her parents died when she was 11 and she never got an education
>bullied throughout primary school and at home
>would go to school with bruises and shit and they'd grab me and kick/punch the shit out of me
>in year 5 had a breakdown, tell teacher to fucking kill herself and i threw a chair at one of the main bullies and strangled him while laughing in his face
>he didn't die, sadly
>didnt even get a DETENTİON LOL
>i developed anger problems and i think i have bipolar disorder
>when i was 13 my dad was beating me up but he wasnt stopping after i started to bleed
>i ran away and went to live with my mum
>living in poverty, had to move schools
>every night get nightmares and i wake up and i have to punch something, sometimes even myself fight club style (still do this/
>get ptsd
>one day see dad in his car, try to avoid him
>he notices and comes after me
>pulls me into his car while shouting at me
>proceeds to tell me hes coming for me and my mother and he's going to kill us
>now i was 13, but i hit puberty when i was 8, i was 6ft and my doctor said i had high test and i still cried at my own father telling me im not his son and he is going to murder me
>havent seen him since
>hes left me with ptsd, anger issues and possibly bipolar disorder
>im also morally fucked
>ive killed people before in the name of self defense and enjoyed it

my life was a clusterfuck...

I wish my dad was like this

what would he say if he knew you were an anime fag

Shit like this is why everyone in England hates you turkroaches.

Fuggg....thats some seriously heavy shit. Good on you for acting though.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

He was a huge Dragon ball and dragon ball Z fan. I inherited his complete VHS collection.
He was pretty weaboo himself
[spoiler]And he never could finish Majora's mask on the n64. I still have his savefile.[/spoiler]

what the fuck did İ ever do to them?
so being abused is why everyone hates me? i see... good fucking point you autist

Go back to Turkey.

İ have don't worry, you inbred prick

So he's already fucking your mom? Holy fuck dude get cucked

you only bring problems to our country,MUZZIES OUT

How the fuck does that nigga have so much strength. I work out and am decent but this dude is just strong but looks like shit. My dad is fucking strong like crazy.

Nah, never saw him since
Told him on the night that I'd kill him if he ever came after us, but I doubt he heard me.

Just for closure, mum and I lived free for a few happy years. We got on a train and left to the outskirts of Manchester, which was a long way from where we lived with dad. Mum didn't really leave our flat at first, but eventually joined a couple of social clubs in the area and took up a baking class. She got a job in a little bakery after about a year, and she was happier than I'd ever seen her. I got a job in a gym, went to college to get some extra qualifications, then eventually moved into security work at a major factory yard.

Just over 2 years after we escaped, mum was killed by a drunk driver. Spent a long time finding everything out about him, to make sure he wasn't linked to dad, and that it really was an accident. Not revenge. I'm now satisfied it was just a horrible accident. Coroner said she was killed almost instantly.

Now I'm thinking of joining the marines. Always fancied a job in the armed forces, and now mum's passed there's nothing really holding me back. 22 now.

So yeah, I guess we can all make it

>when he made you a peanut butter sandwich it was like an onion was jizzing in your mouth
what?

I assume you're the nu male with the beard?

fuck man you're a year younger than me and you've been through all this shit.
well,wish you a nice career in the army,stay safe friend.

Wow dude, you're an inspiration. Stay strong brother and may you achieve all your dreams.

Military is bad for gains. We go to the field and then have to catch up on gainz.

Also Ranger School will fuck your metabolism up! Save for my lower body, I atrophied almost everywhere else. At least I got calves now...

yeah no shit, i suggest everyone stops worshiping the guy that ODed in a sauna and start giving people like this respect. THIS is someone who you should look up to, and reaffirm the belief that we're all going to make it.