Muay Thai

Hi Veeky Forums

what muscles do I have to train to kick harder

Probably the leg muscles mate
Squats and diddlies

idk prob the muscles in ur legs
just a guess

maybe ur abs?

y do u even wanna learn muay thai jus build a pipe bomb instead to win ur fights faget

traps, shovlders and arms basically

whats up fellow thai bro

Gotta do curls bro, curls a plenty.

You need to increase your body weight and do explosive leg exercises

Body weight has the biggest influence on the force of your kicks

Obviously quads, hamstringes and gluteus maximus. A lot of the power comes from being able to twist your hips quickly, so core strength is important too (i.e. work your abs). Gluteus medius and minimus are also going to be important as they keep the body straight when standing on one leg, as you will do when kicking.

This. Also neck and jaw. Chew gum for explosive power in your kicks

Kicking is not about the muscles but the movement, how long have you been training?

If you want to kick hard just do 200+ kicks a day and work as much as possible on the pads. Open your hips, improve your movement and do some circuit bodyweight training, that's gonna do the job. (That's how Thais train)

The good technique muscle

You kick with the hips, not the legs... also upper body movement provides a lot of strenght.

Don't forget pivoting on your support foot.

Literally every knee injury I've seen from kicks is because they planted their support foot

Hips.

I train muay thai. You need power and explosivity to properly kick. Work on glutes, hip flexors, adductors and abductors, hamstrings.

My favorite exersises are deadlifts and power cleans.

got to get the hips in motion too, it's like cracking a whip. you can get a lot of power.

All of them.

lifting wont help you kick harder. it's all about your body proportions and of course technique.

your core. that thing i saw elliot hulse did in one of his videos.

tie a string to a medicine ball and swing it left to right while your back is facing a wall so the ball hits the wall and come to a stop and you then swing it to the other direction.

good kicking form lets you direct that power properly.

>200+ kicks a day
that's how bas rutten lost all his cartilage in his knees.

Hips. You need a lot of mobility in your hips to drive your knee through instead of snapping the kick.

Anyone who says otherwise has never thrown a kick in their life.

bas rutten also suffered from asthma and a horrible case of exima, which made the doctors pump him full of cortisol when he was very young. could this also be a contributing factor? I would think your shin and your foot are the parts that suffer during kicks. That is what forced Ramon Dekkers to retire.

Should i do boxing + judo or muay thai + judo. Please no bias When I see people like Fedor rip shit up it gets me so hard.

boxing if in usa. muay thai is mostly a meme unless you are learning in thailand.

To get stronger kicks you need a strong core. the leg doesn't do shit. It's the twist that does it.
F=ma so stronger legs will kick harder cause they're heavier, but they're propelled by your core and hips. Do some twisting motions, and kick with ankle weights.

>it makes me so hard

Fag.

Fedor does combat sambo which IS fucking legit for grappling, throws and striking but not usually found outside Russia.

Muay thai in the US, I wouldn't recommend. It's amateurish, as the guy before me said: if it's not in Thailand don't bother. But boxing? Always legit.

Judo is OK but if you want to fight like Fedor why not take BJJ? Or look for Sambo around you, if you can find it, that's the one.

Source: I'm a BJJ purple belt with 10 years training and 4 years boxing training. Also kung fu as a teenager but seriously who counts that

kick routine:
squat 3x6
deadlift 2x6
stiff-leg deadlift 3x8
walking lunges 4x10
glute bridge 4x10
kicking some bags 2xhours

it's surprising how aesthetic these thai manlets can get when they are into shit like muay thai

muay thai is not kicks only, don't neglect your upper body. You should focus on the whole body for weight training, and do proper focus work on the martial training

your knees stay slightly bent all the time. you don't straighten your knees explosively like you would with karate/taekwondo kicks.

you should really check out muay thai heavy bag work vids on youtube.

judo and sambo are more similar than bjj and sambo

most of the sambo people also do judo and vice versa, the line is blurred in russia. sambo is maybe 70% judo 30% wrestling + striking.

>core
>quads
>glute
>back

so you say a 6year old with perfect technique hits fucking hard