QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

What do the notations on workout routines such as ABxABxx mean?

Bent arm bb pullovers. Does anyone do them? Is it a worthwile exercise to have in a routine?

Day A Day B then x is a day off.

As as a gymnast we did them to train front levers on rings.

X indicates rest days
A indicates routine 1
B indicates routine 2

So abxabxx is lifting 4 times a week

I'm really short and thin but still have an athletic body and lifestyle should I just stay skinny and not complain or become a Manlet? Is there a nice compromise somewhere?

When I snatch I get a weird non-painful stretching/ripping feeling in spot circled in pic only in right wrist. What is it?

Just don't give a fuck and be who you wanna BE BRAH.

>thin
>athletic
pick one

Is 1 warm up set of 30 reps enough warm up for a big muscle say chest/legs/back
or
is it necessary to do 30rep set then 20 rep set then 15 rep set then start actual lifts?

You right user
ill go with thin then

one of my shoulders is position further forward than the other and feels like it has a lower range of motion

what should i do

It really isn't important to warm up. Many studies I have read say there is no known correlation between warming up and preventing injury.

Wew lad.

Maybe for weightlifting but for running and other cardio/endurance exercises yeah. I agree though, i think warming up with weights has a much smaller effect.

Warming up with weights is even more necessary than for cardio unless you're extremely weak.

Cardio and endurance needs even less of a warmup because it practically is a warmup. If you were gonna take off sprinting as fast as you could you'd want to warm up for that though.

I just do a set of 10 with the bar and work up to whatever my working set is starting at 135lbs.

Any good sources of info on how to increase flexibility? Like not just for lifting.

Google Gymnasticsbodies

>become a Manlet
are you asking us if you should like get height reduction surgery

Doing body rows and negatives. Do I need to change my grip or can I focus on chin ups

Thanks for sheddinglight on my memescience bros.

Im already short just not muscular which is why I was considering if I should just commit to becoming a full fledged manlet

Will using something like padding or fat gripz or similar for deadlifts and rows accomplish anything?

More forearm gains. Possibly less gains everywhere else depending on how strong your grip is.

Bulked short guys look fucking dumb, but imo short ripped guys are solid. Maybe don't aim to be huge, shoot for otter. But overall, do what you wanna do as previously stated

How do you motivate yourself to eat well and avoid junk food?

So it's a tie right now. Two anons saying you need to warm up with a good set of 30 at least two anons saying you don't need to warm up at all.

No source or valuable information just their thoughts. (appreciate your thoughts anons)

Any more input Veeky Forums ?

stupid question but if all of my lifts minus my deadlift are reasonably good for my weight and strarting to stall more, should I just keep on DL until it gets up higher instead of moving to texas/madcow which seems to have less DL'ing per week?

i could always add a 4th day which is basically just deadlifts but that'd be the day after the heavy day which may be a bit rough

You don't need to warm up with high rep sets (and most people don't, typically its light cardio or mobility drills followed by progressively heavier easy sets at low reps), but you do need to warm up for lifting. Trying to move heavy weight while cold significantly increases your chance of injury for a bunch of reasons.

What macros for bulking? Why?

If my grip can keep up, will I get the forearm gains?

Compared to not using them? Yes.

But its a pretty rare person with enough grip strength to deadlift a fat bar and use the same weight they would normally.

Im overweight and never went to a gym. Applying for mcdonalds and its 6 blocks away from a gym.
What im wondering is should i just cut and do cardio or start weight lifting inmediately and eat at a deficit or maintenance? I dont want to waste my noob gains if thats possible.

You can't waste noob gains.

When people post their lifts do they mean pb's or what they lift full sets of...
Also whether it's in pounds or kgs

I think personal bests are usually 1 rep max. And i also think it depends, both are used.
I think kg is prefered.

At the risk of showing how much of a scrub I am, what is the exact weight of lmao1pl8?

135lbs if you're in the US, 132 elsewhere.

How long does it usually take to grow in pants size?
I've been on SS for about 3.5 months now. My squats went up a lot. I'm 5'3 and squat 160 Bench 120 ohp 80 DL 135 row 100 Dips 22.5 lbs and my pants size isn't getting bigger

Noob gains is more like, up to a certain potential of your natty limit strength, not like, for a certain amount of time.

Like, you might have noob gains up til like a 3 plate squat or so. Not like, you have noob gains for the first 6 months of working out

Should note my pants size is 28

that makes sense. what i understand noob gains is mostly your CNS adapting to extra workload and recruiting my nerves or something like that, right?

Much obliged

Its a mix of rapid technical improvements, cns adaption and muscle gains. More the first two than the last.

Best cardio for someone with asthma?

Thanks dude. This stuff fascinates me and i want to go to school for it. Maybe into physical therapy because i feel like i have a calling for helping people.

honestly when i do a warmup set i just use the bar for like 20 sets, it doesnt entirely warm it up because i always feel weaker on the first or even second set. stretching and a warmup + actual set and youll be fine

How does Veeky Forums deal with wrist pain?

Stretch them

nofap

I've stopped going to the gym for 8 months now. I've regained 60lbs of fat, lost about 60% of my strength.

should I start going back? I've still been paying the monthly subscription, telling myself I'll start again some day.

what will my ol' fellow gym goers think of my absence and reemergence

I mean I've got a tiny dick anyways, nothing matters

If I'm cutting do I need to be super strict with my macros? I'm under my calories every day and trying to lose body fat. Will it matter if I'm lifting or doing cardio?
>why not both
I dont want to do 3 days strong lifts and long distance running. Itll be exhausting.

Where can I buy these grips online?

my wrist hurts since I've been doing some heavy squatting.
I've had a wrist injury before. It hurt pretty bad and I don't think I ever recovered from it. As the pain came back suddenly one day after I thought it was healed Should I lay off the heavy squats for a while? I've been doing heavy squats 3x5 every other day.
Do gloves help?

Nah dont go back. Continue getting fat as time flies by you.

I cant activate my middle chest when benching and so my outer chest is getting over-developed. Tried changing my grip, same story. Wat do?

Dont rest the weight on your hands, thats what your traps are for. Try to keep your wrists straight(ish) and only use your hands to stabilise

What is deloading? I can't push past 155 lbs for my 5x5 bench press and I've been stuck at 155 lbs for the past 3 weeks, and someone said I should deload

Complete newbie, started lifting last week. Should I/do I need to exercise to total exhaustion? The first time I went to the gym I couldn't move my arms or legs for a week. I dialed down the weights a bit and now I barely feel any pain the next morning. Should I increase the weights again until I can feel my body aching the next morning?

When I squat and it's hard to get that "bounce" at the bottom, which makes me pause and then get up, but sometimes I fail my last 2 reps on my 5th set. Should I decrease the weight OR work on my explosion on lighters days?

anyone have some experience with the fitbit aria scale? mine keeps giving me all kinds of different results everytime I step on it (have stepped on it multiple times in a 10 minute window, weight and bodyfat% varies up to 5%) is mine broken or does it just suck generally?

Soreness doesn't really matter much. Its more about novelty than the work.

You usually don't want to be going to total exhaustion but ideally you'd be on a training program that would tell you what you need to be aiming for in each session.

You don't. You use discipline and habit.

I've been lifting a little under 2.5 months doing SL. Here are my stats. Am I progressing alright? All for 5 reps in lbs
Squat: 190
Bench: 130 (I dont know why its so shit)
OHP: 80
Diddly: 215
Row: 115

Yeah.

switched to sumos and knee hurt a bit afterwards, what gives

I really hate cardio to the max but I love lifting.

The problem is I am abit chubby can I lose weight by just dieting and lifting?

I am also 6ft 1 and have wide shoulders, quite strong but I want to be cut and strong with that V shape look.

Sounds like lack of flexibility in wrists or you're not gripping hard enough or both.

You can lose weight without cardio. Its better for your health long-term if you do some but it isn't necessary for weight loss.

I seriously doubt you're actually strong. Odds are you're going to be disappointed with how much size you have under that fat.

Friend and I start going to the gym today.
Is the couch to 2k routine good enough for someone who has never really done exercise? Also what to eat.

Yeah it's good for beginners looking to get into running. In terms of eating, assuming you want to lose weight, read the sticky and look under nutrition on the liamrosen site.

If you're going to the gym anyway I'd recommend picking up weight training too

Not trying to take a shit in your drinking water but you said you're overweight, never been to the gym, shit, you haven't even made a first step towards it and you think you have a calling for helping people? Why do the most disfunctional individuals always think they are a godsend to help others while they can't even help themselves?

Prolly genetics or shitty form. What you can try is perfect form cable crossover to get that nice squeeze in there

It means you take some weight off and work with that to fix your form which might be the cause of you lagging behind on the lift.

You reduce weight by 10% and work your way back up, hopefully breaking through yoyr previous weight

People generally don't care about who is and isn't going to the gym. The only people I ever really notice are the people who spend all day there and are there no matter when I work out. If you are really worried about that, just go at a different time then you used to.

Also, you'll make your strength gains back real fast, as you had them before. You might even be able to cut and get them back from what I understand

Kinda an odd question but what bottle does Veeky Forums drink water from daily?

I'm kinda looking to cut out plastic from my life, I've started with getting Pyrex glass storage dishes for food. Now I need something safe and solid for a daily bottle. Looking for 1Litre+ storage. Any good glass or metal ones out there? pros and cons?

Eh, there are plently of fat people who are pretty good at other aspects of life. I don't go to the doctor's office and fly into an autistic fit of rage just cause my doctor's slightly chubby (which he is)

Since your stance is wider you may be not be used to pushing your knees out that far and they aren't in line with toes i.e. cave slightly inwards and cause knee pain

Stainless steel bottles are great, get one without any coatings on the inside.
Klean Kanteen is 100% just steel without any bullshit, but they're also overpriced. I like mine but you can definitely get something cheaper. And yes, the switch in general is a good idea.

Why do people do this? Wouldn't doing 155 5x5 4 times build your muscles more then doing 140 5x5, 145 5x5, 150 5x5, and then 155 5x5? Or is deloading mostly a psychological thing?

in the Amazon women's section

I replied to you, it's to fix your form. You might have some muscles lagging behind and you're making your body compensate. For example some people dont tuck their shoulderblades in so their taking stress off their chest and if they do that, how can the chest get stronger? It's one of many examples so that's why it's done

Takeya 40oz insulated Thermoflask. It's nearly perfect. It might be a little large: as big around as a Nalgene but half again as tall. The cap is so good I kind of want to buy one a third one and put it on my old Hydroflask.

CostCo had them in a two pack for 35$, which is what Amazon charges for one now (looks like Amazon has the two packs for 53$ too, honestly worth it).

I really like insulated bottles, because I like my water cold, and single walled metal bottles sweat and then warm up almost immediately. I've had a lot of them because I just couldn't find the perfect one.

A Klean Kanteen first, which was only 20oz, not big enough. A 32oz Hydroflask was pretty good, but I wanted a better lid: the ideal is wide mouthed for filling and cleaning, with a smaller opening on it for drinking from. Hydroflask has a "sport drink" lid, but it leaks. I tried a Zojirushi, but that was 20oz again; its lid worked really well, but it was hard to clean.

The Takeya's nearly perfect. I'm only worried it's fragile, and I don't like that for some reason the spout cap has threads on the inside (meaning that if I'm drinking a smoothie or something it gets on the threads, possibly staying there and getting gross).

For someone who wants to start cutting. Is going to the gym twice a week for an hour good enough?
Currently that's the most days I can go.

tl;dr - was fat, now less fat. want to plan a cut.

I was 116kg June last year and have lost 28kg (down to 88kg for those who suck at maths). Want to do a more aggressive cut over the next 8 weeks to really cut down my body fat. I'm 5'10" and 80kg has always been the sweet spot in my mind for ideal weight for my height. Never done it though so not sure how to plan TDEE and calorie deficit. I'd ideally like to lose 6 to 8kg in that time. What do?

Lift three days a week, cardio on resting days and chill on Sunday senpai.

hmmm which one did you get? I'm checking them out now and there's the normal ones and then insulated ones.

>Takeya 40oz insulated Thermoflask
is the inside metal or is it lined with something else?

Is my program good? I had a trainer 2 years ago and resumed gym after a 1 year break and still follow this
Monday Back and Biceps
Pullups till i tire
Lat pull down 3x20
Barbell row 3x20
pulling dumbbells up while lying on incline 3x20
Close-Grip Pull-Down 3x20
Biceps curls dumbbells 3x20
Biceps bar 3x20
Biceps on a machine 3x20

Thing is I do everything for 20 reps as my trainer said before. My goal is fat loss, have 25 lbs to go. Should i do low intensity high reps or high intensity low reps?

Diet question. How is honey doing?
I use honey as a substitute for sugar in almost all my meals but is it also something I should avoid?

Im beginning to notice that my upper abs are slightly protruding more than my lower abs and about the same size as my chest.
Is this a signal that I should exercise my lower abs, or does it mean that I will never attain those god-tier, chiseled flat abs I have been aiming for?

Regular bench press just has a tendency to build your pec minor (the real part of what's the "outer chest") and your lower pec major fibers. You either do incline presses or flies for accessories to mitigate this or start doing dumbbell presses.

look up HIIT, make the most of your time there and control your diet and you will be fine

Wtf is up the power clean?
I don't want to break my collarbone.
Do you hold the bar up with your hand and never touch the collarbone?

Skelly here,

>6 foot 2 inches
>170

I am doing SL with added chin ups and dips and was making progress while eating around 2500-3000 calories a day, but I still have a small bit of fat covering my abs. Not a lot, but just enough to make me look less than DYEL.

So I decided to go on a cut with 1500 calories and reintroduce cardio into my workout (running on rest days).

>Is this enough to bring down my body fat %?
>Is there anything more I can add to my routine to define my core?

Cutting sucks. I'm tired all the time and all of my lifts have stalled. I want to make sure what I'm doing is right before I have to shamfully deload

How often do you need to buy new clothes?

I had to buy shirts a couple of times now but today one of my jeans tore apart right at the in-seam.
This is starting to get annoying.

The bar is supposed to rest on your front deltoids. If you're DYEL and barely have any front deltoids then that might cause a problem. If you're inflexible then that might be a problem. Just work on flexibility and technique and you shouldn't be crashing the bar into your collarbones anymore.

Buy some cheaper shit (no1 really cares about jeans brands these days anyway, no1 notices) until your weight starts to stagnate somewhat.