Nootropics thread

What are some good nootropics for low mood/social anxiety? 5-htp and Noopept and my favorites so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9727088
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1850922/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1850896/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11374875
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>5HTP
>serotonin on the wrong side of the blood-brain-barrier
enjoy your heart valve damage

oh, yeah, EGCG (from green tea extract) inhibits L-amino acid decarboxylase which is responsible for the serotonin conversion in the stomach, so you should take that if you insist on 5HTP. L-amino acid decarboxylase turns dietary L-DOPA/Tyrosine into Dopamine too, so ideally add L-Tyrosine to your stack to account for the effects of the AAAD inhibition

wew

Modafinil baby.

Is there a way to reverse or reduce the effects of this? I don't take it daily, probably only twice or so a week.

Just take a green tea extract?

>What are some good nootropics for low mood/social anxiety?
beer

Yes, just dose it alongside EGCG/green tea extract. A little L-Tyrosine won't hurt either.

This mostly negates the downsides of 5HTP.

For low mood/social anxiety try Phenibut (habit-forming, 2x/wk max).

>literally no scientific evidence about heart valve damage or taking EGCG
>just random forum posts
???

>Who else /ashwaganda/ here?
Been using it for about a week. Makes me feel more relaxed and give less fucks. I like it.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9727088
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1850922/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1850896/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11374875

Just read PubMed. :^)

Ugh, no. It's potent but the crash you get from this is debilitating as fuck.

I recommend Semax, it's one of the safest nootropics out there without being useless.

I should try that
I tried rhodiola, siberian ginseng, didn't do shit, passion flower helped a little bit, white tea helped a bit more, but I still get stressed the fuck out at my shitty job, I come home with chest pains

This

And or Suntheaine, phenibut.

>took 5htp a few times

am i fucked?

Do I need to be taking caffeine with Ephedrine if I want to get the full effects when cutting?

>"safe"

id rather not risk the unknown effects from it

zinc is heaven. Makes you feel like a beast. Get a good quality zinc btw, preferably from your local pharmacy (if you don't live in a shitty 3rd world country that is.) Don't fret too much over the specific form. You'll read that gluconate is eg less absorbed and therefore shit but if you buy a good quality brand it takes that out of the equation and just puts on the bottle how much zinc you really get from one pill. They'll add enough zinc to get what's needed. And honestly it's just godly. Mood, skin, sex drive, loads, testosterone. All are helped with a 40mg + dose of zinc / day.

Apparently the recommended dose is like 10mg a day, according to the tub of zince I got.

Is there any way to get ashwaganda in a way that doesn't have a strong herbal smell to it? I'm trying to add it to my proton shake

Is ZMA an acceptable source of zinc? Or should I get straight up zinc pills?

phenibut + phenylpiracetam + l-theanine = godmode

how much are you dosing each?

phenibut alone makes me feel great but that stack seems like it could be sick