Hi Veeky Forums, /g/entooman here

hi Veeky Forums, /g/entooman here.

What tech if any do you use to help with your fitness goals?

None really.

Used calorie tracker app when I first started losing weight because it helped. Don't need it now.

Now its just chalk, sweat and determination.

Accessories wont help much if you just started lifting.

I can respect that level of discipline. How do you now track your level of progress?

Digital scale to weigh my food.
My Fitness Pal to track calories and macros.

That's it.

Excel.

not op, but thinking about buying a fit bit, are they comfortable to wear for 24hrs a day?

Not talking exclusively about accessories but any sort of tech that keeps you accountable. Whether that be an app or a digital spreadsheet

My fitness pal app that I downloaded from the Google play store logged in on my Google account on my Android phone. I log in to the app with my facebook account.

Privacy kills gains.

I've been lifting for 6 years so mostly its just memorizing stuff and knowing by lots of trial and error, what works for me and what doesn't.

No amount of research, apps or note taking will make up for the experience gained.

Also, the lack of worrying about min/maxing every aspect of diet and routine actually helps free you from the worries and stresses that can hinder progress and motivation.

Pen and paper or smartphone+sl5x5 app+my fitness pal

i use my fit bit to time my work out and monitor my sleep.

the only tech you need is a digital food scale

watches are not necessary unless you are hardcore into running or camping

If you want to track your progress, Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength both have Android and iOS apps. If you have a different routine, I think you can recreate it in the Bodybuilding.com app, I think it's called Bodyspace.

A pedometer might be fun - I pack my 3DS when I'm out walking, since 4000+ steps mean that O-powers recharge 4 times as fast in Pokémon. If you're old school, you could probably use your Pokewalker too. If you're new to running and like apps for everything, Couch to 5K has an app too.

I use SBD wrist wraps and knee sleeves and an Inzer single prong powerlifting belt. If you have a stiff back, you might want to consider a neoprene belt under that too. Chalk is also nice.

Technology apart from that will likely not be of much use for a novice lifter, sorry.

TECHnically (see what I did there LOL) you don't NEED any technology

I recently started tracking my progress on my phone (app called fit notes) and its really cool and flexible to use.
I'been lifting for 7months

I heard that the heart rate monitor on those watches are pretty bad.
Not just the fitbit but all of them.

Oh, and can anyone please recommend some OK headphones?
Currently using a pair of Powerbeats Wireless (I know). I prefer a bit of bass, as I'm really big on trance and electro, and favour wireless headphones because I have a Nexus 6P. IEM, clip-on or size doesn't matter as long as they stay in place when I do my cardio. Price range, about as much as the Powerbeats or a bit more.

I have two samsung watches from work and I use one to track how long I work out and how far I run.

This fag here Can confirm the heart rate monitors are usually garbo but when I was really out of shape many months ago any time I'd move around in my chair my heart rate would spike and the watch would come up with a message "Staying active! Good job!"
That was also my wakeup call.
I was so out of shape even my phone and watch were making fun of me.

F-droid has a good c25k app

>/g/entoomen checking in

Besides sleep monitor the thing isnt that useful.

Open food facts is also pretty good

For activity tracking and basic running: Garmin Vivosmart HR

For super serious running and tracking: Garmin Fenix 3 HR.

Shit tier: any Fitbit or Jawbone
Best out there.

Semifinals right now 100m, you guys watching?

Bolt did 9.86, easy win