Scivation Xtend

Will this improve my lifting? Give me energy for those last reps at the end?

It's 60 Euros for 1000grams, so expensive as fuck.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ideals.illinois.edu/bitstream/handle/2142/15513/1_Norton_Layne.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y
hchs.edu/literature/BCAA.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BCAA's are cheap. Find something else.

I bought ON BCAA powder for fasted lifting and now I don't even lift fasted. When is the best time to take these bitches for maximum gains? Or are they pretty much useless...?

BCAAs are a complete waste of money

It has no benefit over just using regular protein powder.

Also, BCAAs don't give you energy. Get your ass into school and learn what ATP is before you start paying 60 euroburger dollars for a product.

post-workout is the best time. between meals is also an option. if you take it with other food you might as well throw it out the window. currently we don't know if BCAAs will give any noticeable increase in gains, though. we know that they spike muscle protein synthesis and prevent muscle breakdown (a meal will also do that, though), and we know that there's a delay before you can do it again. so the idea is to take it between meals to keep MPS high. looks good on paper, but nobody has proven that it actually makes a difference in the real world. we do know that if there is one it's small.

Stop spewing misinformation.

BCAAs are the building blocks of protein but they are more readily available to be used by the body to form complete proteins.

Oh look, another retarded tripnigger

kys faggot

It's good, but its effects are subtle. Food, sleep, a good gym, creatine, and caffeine are all more important and better ways to spend your money if you haven't already got them sorted out.

This is correct. Free BCAAs are metabolized differently than BCAAs in protein.

This brand (other taste) gives me allergic reactions. I have a hard time breathing and feel the need to cough just a little while after taking it. Do not buy 1kg before you know this doesn't happen to you.

I've tried other brands with no such reactions.

>Free BCAAs are metabolized differently than BCAAs in protein.

Citation needed

Oh look another nobody who has a shit body and likes to tell people to kill themselves instead of form any solid argument.

There are different types of amino acids you stupid cunt.

Leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Those specific proteins help with increased muscle synthesis.

Now are they necessary? No they're not, but they can SUPPLEMENT someone's protein intake especially in situations such as fasted cardio.

Those specific amino acids will work together to have a greater effect on blood levels during your exercise and have a muscle sparring effect of nearly 30% when used fasting compared to someone else who doesn't use it while fasted.

OP you don't need BCAAs intrawork out, if you want you can always get some carb powder and drink it with your protein.

Carb powder is usually a fast absorbing carb source that will give you some extra glycogen.

Why don't you go ahead and actually do some research and find your own citations, because I know for a fact you're talking out of your ass.

I bet your some 170 lb faggot who's sitting behind his keyboard and doesn't even look like you lift.

I'm normally a nice person, but when you spew stupid bullshit then tell people to kill themselves then you're literally the biggest loser and no one actually takes you seriously lol.

blah blah blah confirmed kills famous in some shitty general blah blah blah

You can't show a single independent study that states that supplementation of BCAAs is more beneficial to regular protein powder or that there is any difference in absorption.

Back to pleddit with you

I'm doing some digging, and it's pretty hard to find a single peer-reviewed result. Norton's thesis establishes time windows for elevated blood leucine after consumption of bound proteins, which we can compare to results for leucine alone in Anthony et al (see Norton's references), but I'm not seeing a single paper with time series for MPS after a) complete protein and b) free BCAA. Here's the thesis if you're interested:
ideals.illinois.edu/bitstream/handle/2142/15513/1_Norton_Layne.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y

only reason to take bcaa's is for fasted training

hchs.edu/literature/BCAA.pdf

Free BCAA’s are a little different in that they are
directly transported to the bloodstream through the
liver, while some exchange in the intestinal viscera and
go directly to the bloodstream also. Most all amino
acids can be degradated, broken down, in the liver
effectively, with the exception of BCAA’s. The liver
oxidizes the BCAA’s from their converted form called
oxo-Keto acids. This means that basic BCAA’s are not
metabolized by the liver directly. Ultimately large
percentages of the BCAA’S are oxidized by the muscle
tissue and some by fat (adipose) tissue (5) The largest
percentage of oxidation occurs in muscle tissue (Organ
Specific Muscle)

In essence muscle is designed to
burn BCAA amino acids for energy. During exercise
the body uses BCAA’s as energy. The longer and
harder the workout the more BCAA’s are used in
muscle for energy. It is estimated 3% to 18% of all
workout energy is provided by the BCAA’s, while some
consider this to be conservative the duration and
intensity levels can indicate greater or lesser amount of
usage.
The bodies need for the BCAA especially, Leucine is 25
times greater than the free amino pool, or readily
available leucine. The free amino pool is free or single
amino acids found in skeletal muscle, blood and cell
plasma. (75% is in muscle) Free amino acids are amino
acids not bound just ‘waiting’ for use. Because of the
great need for Leucine the body must catabolise or
breakdown muscle for the Leucine needed during a
workout. (7)

One study used approximately 3400 mg of leucine for a
170 pound man for recovery and tissue synthesis for
lean individuals needing to build muscle. This study
used whey protein mixed with the extra leucine. The
diet consisted of 55% carbs and 15% proteins with
added leucine spread throughout the day. Another
study indicated the use of BCAA’s, with approximately
50% leucine as the base with whey proteins at 1.26
grams per kilo which is about 107 grams per 170pound
individual. Here is a snap shoot of dose per weight and
individual body weight.
Many authorities agree that proper protein
supplementation should be at 1.3-1.6 grams per
kilogram of body weight daily for strength training
athletes.
Finally some good studies indicated 5.6 grams of
BCAA’s two times a day improved weight lifting
recovery and improved muscle stability. Another study
indicated 3.6 grams two times a day improved the
recovery of rugby player. Ultimately the dosage above
should be a good rule of thumb.
(18)(19)(20)(21)(41)(48)(49) (50)

This study gives nothing quantifiable to suggest that free form BCAAs have any significant to just using whey isolate.

You're arguing for something that gives a 1% improvement at best to a natural lifter or athlete.

>Get your ass into school and learn what BCAAS are for

They are not a replacement for whey protein you fucking prick, an intraworkout aimed at reducing catabolism

you cock of a broscientist

You're just slowly rewording your argument because I'm proving you wrong.

At first you said
>BCAAs are a complete waste of money
> no benefit over just using regular protein powder.
>NO BENEFIT
>COMPLETE WASTE

Assuming that is you, you've already been proven wrong. They are not a complete waste, they do have a benefit over regular protein powder.

As illustrated in and .

It even proved you wrong that they don't give you energy. They do actually, in a different form than carbohydrates.

Now you're saying, that BCAAs don't have any significance when compared to whey isolate. That's a different argument in and of itself.

We can argue about how useful they are all day, but that's going to be subjective and of course you will never find anything quantifiable on a subjective manner.

If OP literally can feel a difference when he takes BCAAs, who are you to tell him that he's not feeling that effect?

Even if it's placebo, it's still working...

And I'm guessing you have the physique of a pro bodybuilder and have your own supplement company as well?

fuck off you piece of ignorant shit, learn about the subject first you cunt

Intraworkout shakes are the epitome of broscience, Mr. Broscientist.

OP asked whether he should take this supplement. He didn't give any information about himself or his level of training.

Since only novices tend to ask questions like this, what benefit do you think a novice is going to get by spending $67 USD for a months supply of this?

Feel free to keep going with your non arugments.

How about you post a pic of yourself.

Obviously if you know so much, you should be jacked right?

I'm not rewording my arguement at all.

They are worthless to OP
They will give him no benefit
They are a complete waste of money for him

Your poorly done study shows nothing quantifiable that proves that free form BCAAs are worth his money.

How exactly did they measure "recovery" in this study? How did they quantify this?

How did they quantify "energy"? Any numbers of how much extra ATP is produced by BCAA supplementation?

You mean to tell me that your study didn't measure any of this?

>Now you're saying, that BCAAs don't have any significance when compared to whey isolate. That's a different argument in and of itself.

That was my argument from the very beginning, which is what you went into a tangent on.

How about you stop embarassing yourself and tell me why OP will benefit from anythin

Repeat after me

Not an argument

You're the one embarrassing yourself lmao, you literally have 4 different people telling you that you are wrong.

The problem is, that you have NO idea about exercise science. Your questions alone signify this.

I am literally an exercise science major. If you actually READ what I posted then the very questions you asked were answered. Unfortunately, if you don't have the background knowledge required to understand the material you will overlook the answers. Which is what you did, because you don't know the basics.

The problem is that you're trying to boil it down to just ATP which it is clearly deeper than that.

That sounds like what someone trying to avoid being made fun of because they know their body is shit would say.

You and you without your trip is not 4 people.

I do masters in exercise physiology have been part of research projects dealing with muscle protein synthesis.

You've done nothing but spew non arguments and now you think that your shitty appeal to authority as an undergrad student, which really blew up on you in this case, gives you some kind of authority.

You're just a dumbass teenager with a trip that is arguing with someone in the same field as him that has a decade more experience than him.

>The problem is that you're trying to boil it down to just ATP which it is clearly deeper than that.

I'm going to ask you this one more time

Explain the benefits that a novice lifter, such as OP asking this thread, who is assumed to be natural, is going to get out supplementing free form BCAAs and why they are worth him spending $67 a month for and why it would be more beneficial to him than whey protein powder.

LOL anyone who doesn't agree with you is just me huh?

You're making shit up because you won't even post your pic.

If you had asked me I would have posted my pic to embarrass you.

Would have been game over.

You're a fool, me arguing with a fool only makes me one too.

OP himself knows who to believe, trust me on that.

>LOL anyone who doesn't agree with you is just me huh?
Not an argument
>You're making shit up because you won't even post your pic.
Not an argument
>If you had asked me I would have posted my pic to embarrass you.
Not an argument
>Would have been game over.
Not an argument
>You're a fool, me arguing with a fool only makes me one too.
Not an argument
>OP himself knows who to believe, trust me on that.
You are definitely correct about this

Make sure to show this thread to your professors.

>Complains I'm not establishing an argument.
>Only one who hasn't provided any citations or literature to prove his own point.

How do you even breathe without forgetting? My god you're dumb.

This will be the third time that I have asked you why OP should take BCAA supplements instead of whey and you still haven't answered it.

You posted a pop sci study about trained college athletes getting an unquantifiable amount of increased "energy" and "recovery" from it. My argument was that OP would get all the benefits he needs from BCAAs from whey protein powder and that spending $67 a month is a useless waste of money. You have not given a single argument against that.

You getting intellectually sodomized here today will be forever preserved in the catalog.

That's because you've changed what you said you god damn idiot.

You said they were completely useless and have no benefits of just using regular protein powder.

I've proved you wrong through actually providing evidence (which you haven't), that they have usage over being used over protein.

Then you choose to ignore this evidence because it's not "quantifiable" and good enough for you.

Meanwhile, you've provided nothing on your end to say protein is just as effective as BCAAS, and protein powder will function EXACTLY like BCAAs when entering the body.

YOU are the one making yourself look like an intellectually incompetent fool. The funniest part is that you're completely delusional and ACTUALLY think you are making any solid argument.

>That's because you've changed what you said you god damn idiot.

I reframed it because you've refused to answer it.

>You said they were completely useless and have no benefits of just using regular protein powder.
>I've proved you wrong through actually providing evidence (which you haven't), that they have usage over being used over protein.

Your study did not say anything of the sort. It just said that there is an unquantifiable improvement to supplementing with BCAA supplements in college athletes.

It doesn't say anything about the diets of the athletes or even if they were taking protein powders.

>Then you choose to ignore this evidence because it's not "quantifiable" and good enough for you.
>Meanwhile, you've provided nothing on your end to say protein is just as effective as BCAAS, and protein powder will function EXACTLY like BCAAs when entering the body.
>YOU are the one making yourself look like an intellectually incompetent fool. The funniest part is that you're completely delusional and ACTUALLY think you are making any solid argument.

Listening to someone tell me that I don't know about something that I did my thesis on is just hilarious.

You seem to think I'm completely against BCAA supplementation. You posted a garbage study, but there is evidence suggesting that they can prevent catabolism when used during a calorie deficit.

We're arguing in the context of this thread. Your "study" is irrelevant to the discussion. They will teach you this as you get higher up in your classes.

OP provided no additional details didn't say if he was cutting or bulking, natty or enhanced. For 99% of Veeky Forums posters, BCAA supplementation is a useless waste of money and they will get the exact same results by just getting their aminos from food and whey.

You said it was useless.

I said it was not.

Anything else is an added argument that you added because you know you're wrong.

Obviously if he has 67 bucks he should go spend that on a vial of test.

I really want you to post your body to make fun of you, cuz I know you're some scrawny faggot who doesn't know shit.