Who's sunday meal prepping here?

Who's sunday meal prepping here?

Share some recipes and go to meal preps

450g Greek yogurt

140g frozen berries

15g almonds

15g chia seeds

2 packets stevia

Breakfast or dessert depending on when I'm feeling like it.

Yeah I used to do that during college.

I made a lot of veggie paste, cause it's cheap, provides great macros, and tastes alright.

To make veggie paste
>find a grocery store that allows you to buy nearly-spoiled veggies for a discounted price
>buy several pounds of dark green veggies, e.g. spinach, broccoli, kale or beans of any kind
>buy med-high quality spiced rum or scotch whiskey
>skin then par boil whole (medium) yukon gold potatoes
>puree and whip veggies
>put potatoes in sauce pan over med-high heat without oil and mash partially
>add veggies to mash 1c*veg:3c*potato
>turn off heat and mix, adding 1:6 fresh chopped basil, 1:6 fresh minced coriander, 1:3 fresh chopped spring onion (end to end)
>mix 1c*alcohol:1squeezedlemon:1pinch*seasalt:1pinch*fine pepper grounds:2c*potatoes thoroughly, then add mixture to potatoes and mix thoroughly
>add 1leg*minced kingcrab:2c*potatoes to mixture and mix thoroughly
>let sit for 3-5 minutes
>serve or chill in airtight container for later consumption

where do you buy your chia seeds? everywhere i've seen they seem pricey as fuck but i want them seed gains (no homo)

doesnt the food go bad around day 4 or 5.

>not enjoying your free gains from fungal growth
You will be tiny forever mortal

Doesn't chicken go bad after a fucking week? Do you know what bad chicken can do to you?

Another one that I did a lot:

>buy chicken (whole)
>carve into chicken strips 0.5x3x1"
>cut slits into chicken strips, 0.5" from each long end and .75" deep
>cut cubes of cheese, 0.25"
>mix 1p*red wine:1clove*garlic(crushed):1tsp*sweetbasil:1tsp*fenugreek:1tsp*celeryseed:1whole*egg:1tbsp*saffron(milk):1tsp*seasalt:1tsp*black pepper(fine grounds):0.25leaves*bayleaf thoroughly in a spice blender
>measure 1tsp spice and drop into chicken slit
>cover cheese cube with spice mixture
>insert cheese cube into chicken slit
>egg and coconut flour each item
>close each item with oven-safe skewers
>grease and flour baking sheet
>lay each item slit-to-face on baking sheet
>bake for 5-10 minutes at 425F

I prefer asiago cheese in these, though gruyere is a close second.

Aldi. I don't know how much they were but I saw them cheaper than normal and scooped them up.

are you a chef? pix?

You eat less than 15 meals a week?

If you're a fag with a weak immune system. I've eaten leftovers more than a week later and never gotten sick from it.

ah the weekly I have autism and want to look like a retard eating my tupperware packed chicken and broccoli while i look dyel

lol savage but tru

freezers

I use a appliance called a refrigerator, it cools the food down to near freezing so it stay eatable for a few weeks.

That's fish familam.

This. If it doesn't smell bad, taste weird or have visible mold growing on it, then it's fine. Chicken in the fridge is fine for at least 8 days.

I've found that this isn't worth it. The only meal worth making a huge amount of is chili. For example, you could cook 6lbs of tilapia and 10c rice at once, or you could just grill the tilapia and set your rice cooker every night. The loss of freshness is usually not worth the time saved.
I make 2-3 days worth of protein at once, cook my rice daily in the rice cooker, make lunches in the morning before work. Unless you're making some complex shit with like 10 fresh ingredients it's not worth.

made 9 burrito bowls. Cost me about 60 cad

Just made lunches for the next 4 days

It goes bad in the refrigerator in a few days and sure as hell doesn't last weeks without freezing. How retarded are you?
>eatable
Pls be b8

and also dinners for the next 4 days

I get mine from Amazon.

Keep it in the fridge vs freezing then defrosting?

how did i do

Forgot the flavour.

I don't normally take pictures of the food that I make because I'm not looking for validation online.

I never attended culinary school, however I was offered a job as vice-head chef resultant from a year-long internship during college.

This is something I made for an anime date roughly a year ago.

That's kind of cool

Are you /asian/?

Do you freeze your prepped meals? I have gotten into meal prepping lately and it helps me tons but I can't prepare meals to last me longer than two days, three tops, without them going bad. Wouldn't freezing them make them totally gross?

I can't keep shit in the fridge for more than a couple days without being grossed out by it

keep it in the freezer and transfer new one to the refrigerator every day or 2

>Wouldn't freezing them make them totally gross?
depends on what you have prepped

shouldn't make any difference for most things

looks nice man
why arent you adding more asparagus?

Not OP but could be because asparagus is fucking expensive. Also makes your piss smell foul.

Apart from that, asparagus is really tasty.

I've stopped doing weekly meal prepping and have started doing two to three days at a time.

I just end up not eating them and just going out, which ends up being the same chicken and rice meals.

Rice is just disgusting after being refrigerated

Four things to make that better:

1 - rice
>two days before, clean black and pinto beans and then let sit submerged in saltwater
>steam beans for 1hr
>in a clay bowl, rinse and clean rice several times until, after mixing, water comes out clear
>fill bowl with water until water is flush with rice, then add 0.5c*water:1c*rice
>add 0.5c*sake (replacing extra cups of water if water rises more than 0.5" above rice-level):1tbsp*almond oil:1c*rice
>mix lightly
>let sit for 30 minutes
>place bowl on med heat partially covered until mixture begins bubbling lightly
>heat to low, full cover for 20-30 minutes
>heat to no, no cover, add beans, mix and press for 60s, adding salt as needed

2 - chicken
>stop boiling it
>cook chicken whole, and then portion it
>stop using boneless chicken
>marinate chicken before you cook it

3 - broccoli
>cut broccoli to even stock-thickness
>rinse wash then add to steamer
>salt 1 pinch pepper 2 pinch, even distribution, make sure the broccoli isn't sitting on top of the broccoli
>steam for 4-6 minutes, depending on desired hardness, 30s for near-raw
>heat to no, full cover, let sit until it is where you want it to be
>>heat to no, no cover, remove from heat, seal and package

4 - packaging
>stop letting the foods touch during packaging
>get wax paper and pic related

/Korean/

I don't make it often so i didn't want to fuck up a whole bundle of it. I'll probably make more later

Chicken looks good.
>consider adding a cream or glaze to lock in flavor and moisture

Sweet potatoes look good, though you may consider adding curry spices.
>fenugreek, mustard, chickpea, cumin, cinnamon for example

Tomato looks improperly cooked.
>Roasted tomatoes should be served whole
>To roast a tomato, low heat, full cover, med duration with basting

Asparagus looks overcooked.
>steam even-stocked asparagus for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness and then let sit, no heat, full cover until crisp and not stringy
>if asparagus is tender or rubbery, it is overcooked

Also, separate your food with wax paper to prevent seepage.

Marry me.

>tomato

It's red bell peppers

Next time you reheat rice, put a damp paper towel over it in the microwave. It tends to preserve the texture better in my experience.

To prevent rice from spoiling in the refrigerator, don't put them in the refrigerator.

Get a rice cooker and bunch unused rice in the center of the rice cooker. It will keep for 4-14 days, depending on the quality of the cooker.

bland as fuck

I recently got a smaller rice cooker, so it's much easier to just cook one or two cups when I want them instead of cooking 10 cups and wasting most of it.

Next time you reheat rice, put a damp paper towel over it in the microwave. It tends to preserve the texture better in my experience. Also I've noticed shorter grain rices that stick together more when cooked tend to hold up better this way

TABASCO
A
B
A
S
C
O

What a relief! It looked as though a whole tomato had been cut in half and roasted until the pulp had been completely denatured!

Considering that it's a bell pepper,
>store bell peppers bell-to-surface to preserve texture

Other than that there's a wide range of things that can be done with bell peppers, though usually I
>pepper into vertical halves
>seed and pulp
>grind seed and pulp with bay leaf, celery seed, and anise
>roast mixture with sesame
>add white wine, flour, cream and simmer until thick
>bell-away-surface and fill with mixture
>steam for 15-45s
>refrigerate bell-to-surface until chill

Do you realize that this has nothing to do with meal prepping?

It's cute that you say you don't want validation and then continue to post something purely to validate yourself though.

>/Korean?
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>was the worst kind of vegetarian (fucking ready-made meals and shit) before going to the gym
>trying to learn how to feed myself
>basically gymcel, don't go out on weekends, don't go to restaurants
>all meal prep/plans I can find only account for weekdays, or dinners, assuming you'll just eat IIFYM for the meals not accounted for
>stressing trying to figure out how to modify a 5 day plan to 7 days without having extra ingredients
>or having to buy groceries, prep, and package it all every 5 days, 5/7 times I won't have enough time for because of work
I feel like eating shouldn't be this stressful

I said that I don't look for validation in relation to food prep. Hence not having an exhaustive folder with foods that I've cooked, nor a social media page full of meal pics.

Anime dates, however, are special, and deserve photoshoots. I sometimes even hire a novice photographer to capture them.

Autism

Wtf is an anime date?

this thread is really sad.

bland shit bromeals with chicken and rice without any taste flavor and texture packed up into tupperware

where are you going to eat this? At work or uni? have fun looking like a retard eating your shit bland terrible food while u still are dyel

>being disciplined about your diet = autism

It is a date with waifu, or in this case, husubando.

Takeo is definitely /me-approved/. So I shop whatever anime I'm going to be dating into the picture after-the fact.

In some cases, I pay somebody else to use photoshop because I am not at all skilled in graphic design.

Yes it does make me sad too when people cook bland meals. It is honestly not very hard to encourage a meal to life, and laziness and ignorance make me generally sad.

No him, but basically two people eat some delish Asian food, all fancy like. Then they strip down and get it on to pic related.

Gotta burn off those extra rice calories somehow

>anime date
jesus christ we need to gas all weebs

wtf you doing on fit?

Getting swole, duh. *rolleyes* uwu

Healthy eating enables healthy lifting.

Are you the girl?

Is that a girl?

Trap senpai?

and they say girls can't have autism

I guess it is a male dominated field, so I can see why you'd be skeptical. But it's not that hard to believe I think.

I'm impressed with this level of literal autism. Do you have a caretaker or what?

im gagging just looking at that "food"

plz kys op

Might wanna take that dick out a little bit then senpai, gagging on you're wife sons cock is rude

What? Why would I? I'm not autistic. I just love food. And I love anime. So whynotboth.meme?

DESU I enjoy finding ways to add anime to all aspects of my life. Even work, except my supervisor won't let me put motivational anime macros on the walls because they're 'inappropriate'. Which I guess I can understand a little. And he did let me put the Street Fighter V scroll up. So at least there's that.

lel this is a joke right? it has to be

Why would it be? I've been cooking dinner while posting in this thread, because 1700 is the ideal time for dinner, since it's 2 hours after I usually finish my work shift, and I go to the gym in the mornings.

mirin thay fish
had salmon and shrimp with asparagus tonight

old picture but i basically meal prep this every week. only thing not pictured if having 30g of sliced almonds to eat with each container. prep everything bland and then add different seasonings on different days depending on what I'd like to have.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I need to get bigger containers

Are those the generic looking foodprep containers from Amazon? How are they?

tastes fucking delicious though

>plain chicken and rice and nondescript veg
what is this fucking meme

eat some carbohydrates with actual fucking nutritional value like brown pasta, lentils, beans

Just started a few weeks ago. This weeks dinners.
>I am a man of simple taste

Cooked garlic spinach
Mashed Cauliflower
Plain boiled chicken breasts (what goes on it is based on the day. Usually some mustard hot sauce combo.)

Macros:
Calories - 338
Protein - 54
Carbs - 18
Fat - 5

I don't get the packaging method. Please explain.

add me to the screencap

so, you're that woman, or that's your woman, or you're a man dressed as a woman or what the fuck is going on?

did the doctors find some sort of autism variation in you?
how did you get a job with that autism?
do you drive? in that case, do you use the parking reserved to the handicapped?

please at least answer the first question, my dick confused.

We've been played m8s. Was believable for me until

Relating to plating, to help lock in the moisture of the chicken,
>lay the chicken fillet flat on the cutting board
>cut to strips down and forward with a sharp knife, leaving its original formation intact
>cut perpendicular to halve, preserving its original formation
>with a wide spatula, scoop to preserve formation
>deposit on dish to preserve formation

Regarding the veggies, the brusselsprouts are very overcooked.

Regarding the rice, fried rice contains many oils. To prevent seepage and to preserve texture,
>gather compact and wrap using salted roasted seaweed strips
>cut to size
>plate with attention to bordering foods

And the carrots,
>stop buying precut carrots.

Regarding the chicken,
>see previous

Regarding the potato mash
>create a dimple in the center using a small ladle or spoon
>place moist vegetables in the center
>this will keep the veggies and the potato mash moist

Regarding the spinach
>it is overcooked

Do you understand pic related?

I feel like this is the best that I can explain it.

What? I'm not autistic. And I'm not LGBT. And I work IT. And of course I drive. This is America. Drive or die.

I guess I can understand the last one though.

Those pillows are floor pillows for sitting on the ground because it's what Koreans do I guess. They're p comfy though desu. My legs are perfectly daijyoubu.

Is it really that surprising that I crosspost?

>Regarding the potato mash

Yeah, not potato. Said right in my post it is cauliflower. Maybe dont click through the thread on only pictures writing fucking novels worth of "advice" for people who are just hiding your posts.

Fun fact: There are 2 genes that are responsibly for that piss smell. One actually makes it smell and the other makes you smell it.

I was trying to subtly poke fun at you with that one to be honest.

Mashed cauliflower is a lazy dish which preserves nothing of the original plant and should only be used as a quick substitute or with an old specimen.

Or at least that's what my mentor told me while I was interning at his restaurant.

In any case, the advice still holds whether it's potato mash or cauliflower mash. The basic principle is the same.

how do you guys stand the smell of the chicken after its been refrigerated. thats the only thing holding me back

That isn't rice

Yeah they aren't bad... I wish they were a bit bigger, I end up dumping the food into a bowl

Infuse your chicken saffron early in the cooking process or use thyme.

It is granular and looks like exploded seeds. If not rice, then what? I'm really curious now.

Reheat it + hot sauce

>a few weeks.
lol

Couscous

>Do you understand pic related?

Yeah, that's better, thank you.

>Couscous
African cuisine!? That's surprising I don't know why.

I've never really looked into African foods. Though I have seen hard wheats used in some Indian dishes. How is it?

you're all gonna make it

couscous is a meme health food in America

it has a mostly neutral taste like any other grain

>not a kotatsu
1/10 bad date