Does Veeky Forums run?

I go to the gym a lot but the only cardio I do outside of that is skateboarding a couple times a week...

I see a lot of really fit dudes running along the beach all the time and was wondering what are the benefits of trying it?

I really don't like running but if it really helps getting fit(er) I'd be willing to try...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
halhigdon.com/training/51138/Marathon-Novice-2-Training-Program
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>but if it really helps getting fit(er) I'd be willing to try...

i hope you're not serious. yes runner will get you FITTER, more in shape, however you want to put it.

the benefits are astounding if you keep up with it. not only are the physical gains out of this world, but so are the mental gains.

running trains the most important muscle in your body; the heart

I run 6-10 miles a day for about a month now, been taking a break cause huge blister on bottom of foot. the effects on my endurance have been unreal. Definitely do it, it is fun one you get into it, and if you smoke weed running high is amazing

I run once or twice a week, but I walk 10 miles 5x a week as a mailman so that kind of makes up for less running.

Generally, all the best looking guys run, or do some form of cardio regularly.
The armchair lifters who think they aren't sedentary because they lift 3 or 4 times a week, will on average look worse than guys who lift that much and do cardio.

They claim its all about diet, but the results show otherwise.

Also of course, cardio is incredibly beneficial to quality and longevity of life, as it keeps the heart and circulatory system healthy, as well as increasing the efficiency of all metabolic processes, making you actually capable of eating "bad" foods without as much harm as someone who doesn't co any cardio.

>what are rest days

I admire your ability to run every day, but your body needs the occasional rest, regardless of which muscle group you train

you'll run better on the days after you have rested a bit

If I work out 3-4 times a week and run 2 times a week is that enough?

You're probably right, but at this point it is like an addiction, if I don't run I get anxious and antsy. Haven't run in like 4 days though because of this FUCKING BLISTER, so lets see how I do when this is healed.

I guess it is better than nothing, but I would say run everyday you don't lift, honestly running on the days you lift would probably be beneficial as well. You're building endurance here, so the more the better really. If you keep at it, eventually you will want to do it more and more.

how many married stay at home milfs do you bang while doing your mail routes?

>HIIT

Killer cardio gains for muh heart. Enjoy your runner's knee, fags.

not that guy but someone else looking into starting doing more cardio. But what about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y

He talks about doing cardio very frequently as one of three parts for new people. I started lifting 3 months ago with some occasional cardio so I think this applies to me still.

I run 15-20k a week. Go different places makes it fun.

yeah, I know what running addiction feels like
but I have accepted that I have to face tradeoffs: skip 10km run one day so that I can experience 20km the day after. instead of a 5km run, I wait and do 15km the day after.

10km a day doesn't sound too bad, but even with that distance the occasional rest days improves your physical well-being.

recommendation: try cycling or swimming, let your legs rest a bit on some days
swimming trains upper body somewhat as well as the body core, which can aid your running a small amount

no idea. if you eat more than you consume, why would you lose mass? I might be one of the rare minority on this board that doesn't lift

>I run 6-10 miles everyday

Inb4 injuries

You're knees won't live long enough to collect social security. Assuming you're an amerifag

I walk with a 20lb backpack. Lower impact, similar gains, but keeping a decent pace can make you look like a retard.

I can't run anymore since I sprained my ankle and now everytime I run my ankle hurts like all fuck.

I run but am worried about my knees

You fucking retarded britshit. People have been running that much for thousands of years. It's only this generation and people like you who sit on their asses all day and do nothing.

How many times a week minimum can I run to make sure I increase my endurance? 3 times a week feasible?

What is Stretching

I generally run 3 times a week. I use zombierun5K to help me train my endurance.

Same here

no, running inevitably wears down your joints. Spending my entire child/teen years as a fatty, they're already worn down enough I'm sure. I also have permanent damage to my lower spine. I go for 20 mile bicycle rides every other day though. It's way more practical and healthier than running imo. the only downside is a bicycle is more expensive than running shoes.

>Swimming events yesterday
>Does fit swim?

>Sprinting events today
>Does fit run?

honestly just a few more weeks and back to shitposting on topic

just because people have been running for thousands of years, doesn't mean it it won't destroy your joints. our ancestors were well known to have the same ailments, such as arthritis, that we have. Running is known to wear down your joints, thats just how the body works. its not an immortal machine, its build to wear away and age

I wanna get a qt3.14 gf and do this shit with her only to leave her behind after taking her remaining flag after one has already been taken by a zombie so she'll die anyway and I may as well put her out of her misery

Cant you do ct5k which is similar?

Yeah they are quite similar. But I like zr5k because it has a story that you interact with by running. I can't talk about c25k because I never tried it. I just happen to like zr5k

Why not jogging?

Then how can you build your endurance 100% to the max without running or jogging?

Is LISS bad for your joints user? Is walking bad? Or jogging at less than 5mph?

Running on the beach is more of a subconscious thing; you gain extea power through the mere presence of others.
Jogging on the is for faggots and marathon runners. If you aren't either you can find something better like biking or swimming.

what about low impact low intensity steady state cardio using elliptical vs running? same gains?

this would be for an hour everyday with moderate resistance set

?

Bump
I like to do both but doesn't a lot of research say that cardio will interfere with your strength gains?

i used to run daily for about 8 years, but i got so into lifting that i stopped. i lift 6 days/week and preserve every last oz of my energy for the gym.

i used to love running though, how long would it take to build my endurance back up? it's been several months. i tried running again and it definitely wasn't as easy and enjoyable as it had been before.

i do still walk a lot (don't drive/live in a big city) though so my heart probably isn't totally fucked.

No it's because your average joe runs on concrete

Swimming/biking/endurance rowing

Cant swim because labrum tear, what is endurance rowing? And a stationary sitting bike? That sucks

Running feels so good but a trainer told me that running isn't good if you lift because you are tearing the same muscles you are training.

I'm not sure if I want to give up running or not. I like the endurance. When I'm running regularly, I can go so hard at work.. like I'm constantly on the move looking for the next task to do, no matter how big or small. That's why I don't want to give it up.

>my trainer

Literally kill yourself you worthless baby.

>he doesn't have a trainer
I'm not a recreational lifter like you.

the words in green are not the words I said

I wish she was my trainer but she charges $60 per hour

THE HEART OSBORNE! THE HEART!

This is too much.

Your knees will be gone by the time you are 40.

You should do what I do and switch up your running with swimming 1/2 the time.

my coach from high school has been running every day for the past 9 years. he's well into his forties. he can run a mile in under 5 minutes. he regularly runs 20+ miles for marathon training.
>nice argument

A: Push
B: Pull
C: Squats and a run with a Bulgarian bag

ABCxABCx

Your endurance is probably still there, your mind just doesn't want to run. You could probably run pretty close to your old distances, if you properly regulate your breathing and just power through it. Several months isn't that long in endurance training.

I',m the one you're responding to. I would be down for this if I had regular access to a pool, but alas I do not. Honestly man I feel better than I used to before runningt, and I stretch a lot. Most of the people who fuck themselves up don't maintain themselves correctly.

>running at all
Say goodbye to your knees.

>I stretch a lot.
Top kek

Just signed up for a marathon in october. I've been running for the better part of 10 years but the longest distance I've gone in one go is about 15 km. My question is how do I train for the marathon? I feel as though I have a good base but going for 26 miles just seems daunting. Should I do a couple of practice marathons i.e just run for 26 miles without worrying about my time just to get a feel for the length? I'm really hyped and want to perform my best.

If only you knew user...stretching is a powerful thing. Certain qi gong/yoga stretches legit feel like magic the way they heal the joints.

> implying your run of the mill Veeky Forums autist can into proper reading comprehension and respond reasonably

halhigdon.com/training/51138/Marathon-Novice-2-Training-Program
Basic Google, my man.

Here's what got me to run my first marathon after running for some time ~ half marathon distances.

If you think it's too intense or too easy, you can choose a lower or higher plan. Basic first marathon training stuff and free. You've been running a while at moderate distance so I figure you have some idea of how your body might take the stresses.

yes it will
but

you will not be able to reach maximums of body size
because body will put gains to muscles used for running

doesn't matter unless you are planning to compete for My Olympia

so you tear the muscle some more
you heal
your recover
your get stronger

base workout schedule on your recovery

I run everyday.
MWF I lift so I don't run as much (maybe 3 miles?)