Cardio before or after lifting?

Cardio before or after lifting?

Before you've lifted for the day or after you've lifted for the day.

Doing both in one session is not gonna make it tier

do it while you're doing your dumb accessory exercises

> Mild Cardio as a substitute for a preworkout is acceptable if your a poorfag/nattyfag
>Cardio after workout will just throw gains.
>Cardio a few hours apart from the daily workout prolly does a good job of staying out of interrupting gains.

After is better for fat loss. Before is fine to warm up your system.

I actually do cardio in the place of leg day as well as frequent around lifting. Very seldom before, but I used to do that too and I remember still getting pretty fucking diesel.

Accelerate muscle loss maybe.

Holy shit who is this?

Define cardio? If you mean walking for 10 mins on the treadmill at the gym on a tiny incline it's not cardio and you can do it whenever you want bc it's fucking useless and got people are laughing at you.
If you define it as going for a decent run/swim or ride etc then it depends on what your focus is and whether you like to do cardio already tired so you go a little deeper or prefer fresher to get the best out of your work.

Do it on separate days if you can.

Always have a 10 minute jog to warm up before you stretch and lift.

But have running as a part of your leg days maybe?

That's what I do

Just my 2 cents

First post quads of truth.

I do 10-15 hiit after lifting because I'm cutting

But then again I'm a dyel, works for me tho

Cool. Thanks everybody.

Well, I don't like running Cus I live in a shitty neighborhood and the tread mill is boring. For cardio, I do insanity so I won't get shot at when running.

Yeah I do on separate days, I just don't want to loss muh gainz. After I do legs, I have trouble even walking.

Bella Rossi

she doesn't really look like that anymore tho, she got really skinny

>stretching before you lift
Opinions discarded

You don't do "cardio" before lifting. You get your heartrate up before lifting. 5 minutes on a treadmill/elliptical.

Cardio is done on non-lifting days.

15 min of fairly intense cardio after a lifting session is based for losing fat

ITT: People watch BroScienceLife for advice rather than humour.

UNNNNNNGGGHH
THICKER

lift > protein shake > 15-30min moderate cardio

Thanks again everybody, let this thread die for frauds.

When I die I want to be buried with a treadmill so I can do cardio after I'm dead. Enjoy your no gains.

quads have spoken

Oh please do tell why you think stretching is a bad idea

>Cardio

not him, but:

it has been 100% confirmed that static stretching
-temporarily weakens the muscle that was stretched
-when done immediately prior to exercise does absolutely nothing for injury rates
-when done after lifting, is more likely to result in a muscle tear because the muscle is now spongy and full of blood, and will give before the tendon

the point of static stretching is to increase flexibility (tendon creep). that's good, and you want flexibility (and need it for many lifts) but you're not going to get it ten minutes before you squat

separate static stretching and exercise in your mind. they should be done on different days.

what you want before lifting or any other exercise is DYNAMIC stretching, which increases mobility by opening up joints and warming up the stabilizer muscles that protect those joints.

Op. I agree, it's just that I lost my job, gf, and had to move back to my parents. Because of that I've been drinking a lot every night and kinda got a gut. It's not big but I got body dysmorphia.

I'd rather lose a bit of muscle than have a gut.

I lift 5-6 days a week for approx. An hour and cycle 5-6 days a week also approx. An hour. I'm 5'11 160 lbs, roughly 13 percent bf. Trying to get down to 10 percent bf. Am I going overboard?

I do mine afterwards, 20 minutes on the eliptical. I don't want to get a bit tired before I need to lift my weights.

Op here. Thanks again for all the info.

Lifting weights is a form of cardio, can't unplug your heart while you lift bro.

Mos def. Op here. I'm on the cutting phase and gained to much beer gut.

Hey bros, besides all the memeing i usually do like 45 minutes on the tread before lifting when im in school. Is that a bad idea? I dont want to go to my college gym twice if i could just fit in a super session.

Or should i do my cardio outside of school (nearby park) or track (reachable via public transpo).

For time constraint purposes it seems better to just hit a supet cardio/lift session of about 2 hours a day.

>I lost my job, gf, and had to move back to my parents.

I know that feel bro, at least I have my gains.

On rest days