Should make my period my "rest week", if I take one?

Should make my period my "rest week", if I take one?

Also what's the most comfortable bra to lift in? Can't find one that fits properly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rY7TzTy4q18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you want to be my gf

>rest WEEK

>rest WEEK

post you wearing current bra so i can get an idea of what you need

>rest WEAK

I don't really ever expect to take a week, though some guides I read said that you should take one every few months

rest
>week

go get fitted for a bra at a IRL store.

I take a week off 4 times a year and always feel refreshed and stronger after it. Just like sleep, it's one of things where if managed properly can be a boost to your training. All professional athletes, strength trainers, body builders take time off for these reason and there is no reason why you shouldn't either

Maybe a deload week, but not a full rest week. That's just dumb

Not a grill but I've heard from grill lifters that heavy lifting help pass the period without less pain. Some combo of the intraabdominal pressure helping push shit out and the feelgood stuff being released after working out acting as painkillers. Maybe cut volume or intensity a little, I wouldnt do nothing at all though.

I don't know. I've seen pics posted on here of girls pads after squatting heavy on their periods and it looks like they had a fucking miscarriage. The quote with the pics was like it felt good pushing out all the blood and stuff. Girls are fucking nasty.

Yeah, this is where my thinking was going. Sometimes cramps are so bad that you can't even stand up, but usually if they're mild, moving around helps alleviate them and the post-exercise feel would probably soothe them breddy well.

The only problem for me is that being on my period just makes me feel really tired and weak and also leads me to being really uncoordinated (most worrying is that I start dropping things). So taking it easy on yourself but still exercising seems like the best bet.

If you post that I will come to your place and fuck your angus tenderly

Don't take a rest week, the regulars will think you died.
They might all be buff duded but they have tiny hearts, don't make them go through something like that please.

hahahahha

Oh god I could see that happening.

>be about to start period
>sneeze
>blood everywhere

>squat down to tie shoelaces
>blood explosion and/or tampon pops out

>kick soccer ball
>tampon pops out
youtube.com/watch?v=rY7TzTy4q18

fugggg :DDDD

A rest week isnt dumb. Its good to take a week off every now and then and just let your body recover fully and focus on other things. I'm not a girl and don't know what periods are like but theres not really a right or wrong answer, just depends whether you'd prefer a period free rest week or a 7 week break from lifting on your period.

Found it. God damn girls are disgusting

Okay user, I'm sorry

I feel like I'm dying when I work out on my period. Not in a, "wow this workout is intense" kind of way. I mean I get a migraine and pass out when I get home. I can't do it. Skipping your work out while you're on your period isn't going to set you back that much. Take that week for some easy yoga or whatever. As for bras, the ones at Victoria's secret are pretty serious. I'm not usually an underwire person but they are really nice, sturdy and comfortable. They're about $55 each.

Thank you!

>They're about $55 each.

this will be my first time going more expensive than the clearance rack at target...shiiit :'D

A deload week is a good idea. But honestly a week off of lifting to do other stuff like swimming or yoga or just bw exercises is probably not a bad idea either if you've been going really hard for awhile.

I'd suggest going to a department store like Dillard's to get everyday bras and just get "date night" ones from VS. I recently had to get refitted and basically buy a new wardrobe and the thought of spending all that money was painful. Dillard's carries a brand called Jasmine & Ginger that has really nice bras for like $26 each.