/functionalstrength/

How do I get better at lifting awkward/oversized objects? Also functional strength thread

You lift awkward/oversized objects.

Try lifting with your lower back, it's really easy that way

that doesn't seem too heavy anyways, tip the corner and deadlift it up

also heavy as fuck deads/squats 3x5

back squats, front squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench.

/injury/

Just make sure all the weight is unevenly distributed across the spine and let the vertebrae (verte-bros) do the lifting.

I actually have no idea breh i just lift to look good for chicks and avoid any real kind of labor

Guess you've never moved a washing machine

Lift big eat big

make sure that you always lift stuff alone, never ask for help, your mind might think your body is too weak but youre not
force your limits, believe in yourself

>How do I get better at lifting awkward/oversized objects?

pic related

Just got my xrays back from the doctor

Disc between my L5 and S1 is compressed.

This is after ~2 years of semi constant pain and repeat injury. First time it was injured was from moving a LazyBoy couch by myself. Felt a pop and that was it.

Don't train for this kind of shit. Get a friend and carry it together. You are not tougher for carrying it by yourself. You are literally only making it harder and more dangerous for your back.

I don't want anyone else to deal with the pain I have to. Protect your back, lads. Stretch out nightly and eat your vitamins. Please please please don't hurt your backs.

Thsee are excellent excersizes for lifting those bulky objects

>tfw chronic sciatic pain
>tfw one disc is a bit too thin, leading to my sciatic nerve to get irritated easily

Backpain is utter shit, you can't work out in any way because something is always putting some kind of pressure on your back

>I'm fuckin atlas
>smashes feet

It's a trial and error process of trying to find an at least tolerable angle to pick up, generally ending with you getting pissed off and just heave-hoing the damn thing, hoping not to fuck your back in the process.

>How do I get better at lifting awkward/oversized objects?
by getting really fucking strong.

If you have to use one of these, then you are everything that is wrong with this world.

cheap washing machines like in OP's pic are light as fuck bruh

Work at Rent-A-Center.

join a moving company. Nothing better for back and grip strength then carrying boxes and dressers all day.
This guy has never worked for a moving company. There's no shame in efficiency and energy saving. Let's say you've got two guys and eighty boxes to load onto a truck?.This halves that time easily.

Every single human invention that stuck around through out time and culture was designed to allow us to be lazy and assert the least amount of effort to manipulate the world around us. Take advantage or you are basically a backward savage.

You gotta eat at least 4 scoops man, c'mon

have a really wide arm span