Phraks Greyskull

Should I really just be eating at a surplus and doing Greyskull for 3 days a week as a beginner?
I feel like I should be running on my rest days or add accessories,I constantly see Threads where people have all kinds of added stuff or go to the gym 6 times a week,and I feel like I'm not doing as much as I should or could

Stick to the routine. Otherwise you will burn out quicker for the sake of some pointless accessories. Its a beginner full body routine. It's supposed to be simple and its supposed to be three days a week. If another variation worked better, it would be the one that is posted all over.

Thanks,so no Cardio on off days either?
Also should I do this all the way to the hypothetical 1/2/3/4 plate?
When do I know I'm at a point where I should add stuff?

Curls / skullcrushers don't belong in the usual routine.

I prefer alternating squats and deadlifts as long as possible, and then doing power cleans + abs on the third day when progress stalls.

I'd also replace chinups with lat pulldowns if you cannot 3x5 it.

Thats up to you. I wouldnt go crazy with cardio though. Do what you can without hindering your recovery.

You won't hit a point where you need to add more exercises. You will hit a point where you need to switch to an intermediate program. That point is different for everyone. You will know you are there when you stop making progress, because your body is fatigued and you cant recover enough between workouts. This of course is assuming that your diet is good and you are getting enough sleep every night.

i would do the squats and deadlifts first, but yea, this is it, its called PROGRESSIVE overload for a reason, u make progress until a certain point and when you keep stalling, do a PPL or a 3 day split or something and you'll be golden ponyboy

The syntax highlighting makes this read like a PIZZA post.

That's not greyskull, thats what some reddit goon made up.

Deload: The program.

This, fail a weight at least twice before you deload or progress will take way longer than it needs to

Some moron added skullcrushers and curls. Pic related is the original.

>Should I really just be eating at a surplus and doing Greyskull for 3 days a week as a beginner?

Absolutely. The best routines are simple and involve the big compound movements. Squats, deads, bench, press, rows, and chins will get you in amazing shape.

>I feel like I should be running on my rest days

Sure, you can do this if you want, but remember what your priorities are. Are you a runner who wants to build some strength or would you rather be strong and have enough cardio endurance to run 5k once-twice a week? You can't be a marathon runner and a powerlifter, especially as a beginner, even more so naturally. I would hold off on running on rest days until you have 3-4 weeks of lifting under your belt. A nice brisk walk or hike on a rest day can help with DOMS, though.

>or add accessories

Ask yourself the reason why you should be adding accessories. You're untrained. If you eat right and train you will put on a lot of muscle reasonably quickly. All of your body parts will be trained fairly evenly with this routine. Don't worry about arm work right now. Chins and rows will make them big. After you're done your linear progression, then you can fix what you think is lagging.

>I constantly see Threads where people have all kinds of added stuff or go to the gym 6 times a week,and I feel like I'm not doing as much as I should or could

Ok, so you're a complete newbie. You will get bigger with a good diet, a simple strength routine, and plenty of rest (8-10 hours of sleep, minimum, no questions).

Some people like doing PPL, or UL split. After you can no longer make linear gains, you can move to a routine like that or to something like the Texas Method or 5/3/1 to keep getting stronger.

Just worry about getting strong and stick to a simple, easy routine. The thing is that simple things done right tend to produce better results than complicated things done poorly.

Listen to this guy

Everyone is different. 1/2/3/4 is also a shitty goal.

A better ratio is 1/1.75/3/3.25

ur being trolled, add curls and skullcrushers, this guy is literally retarded

>Implying SL isn't much worse with deload

don't listen to this retard, do skulls and curls

>You will know you are there when you stop making progress
so, after 1 month and every workout after that, got it!

Samefag.

mad

Not an argument.

>This is what summerfags think is trolling.
Git gud.

i don't have anything to elaborate for you sweaty mouth-breathing tards

What does "burning out" even mean? Overtraining?

Does anyone really think if you do both rows and chinups on one day, you'll burn out?