QTDDTOTT:

QTDDTOTT:

>Help what are Deadlift

Tried Deadlifting first time yesterday.

I did good form and tried first with 70 kgs and i heard a weird ripping sound in my knees. Kinda like crushing a wafer still in the wrapper. I got scared and didn't do more than 1 rep. Anyone else experienced that? Am I fucked for life? Stings a little today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZkEdPotnDE
i.imgur.com/MrrSw7u.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm looking to increase some of my lifts because they are absolute shit. I'm at the bottom weight of my cut right now and in October I'll start my bulk.

I want to increase my squat and deadlift since my bench press is fine. How would be the best way to go about doing this?

Also, what would be a good weight to bulk to? Last time I bulked to 200 and my lifts went up by like 30 for bench, 40 for squat, and 60 for DL (I did get to 325 1RM for DL but I had to deload because my form was shit). Is 210 a reasonable target? I'm 6'1 btw.

>see thread recommending ginger root for better test
>cut the skin off and chew a descent bite
>mouth still burning half an hour later

Will I get used to it? It does feel good in my stomach

This happens to me a lot because I have shit knees. Widening my stance helped keep my knees sturdy during heavier sets. Not a super wide stance, but about shoulder width with toes pointed SLIGHTLY outward.
Also really make sure you're activating your glutes and hips the whole way through. The fluidity of the lift shouldnt put that much pressure on your knees

Do a clean bulk. Work in high bar if you're doing low, and vise versa. Also lunges and single leg leg press are GOAT accessories to help squat. Your squat work should carry right over to deadlift.

How long should I wait to try again? A day?; 1 week?

Until you deadlift next. If it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry too much

It hurts, burns, stings today. Hope I didnt rip anything

Is a keto diet actually legit or is it actually a meme?

If 48 hours is all that is needed for a muscle to fully recover, why is it that many routines (SS, SL, PPL, etc.) have you taking more time in between them? For example, SS has you waiting 4 days between deadlifts, ohp, bench, while you squat every other day.

does it need to be raw? cooked ginger will be fine, or just eat it alongside whatever else you eat; it will be less intense either way
also, is it actually a burn or a tingling/itching feeling? you might be allergic

What should I do to get some decent shoulders, I am lifting for about an year at home and I made decent progress at everything.
Mainly tits, arms, core, back, abs and all this stuff that girls like.
but no matter what I do my shoulders just seem to not to grow, when I do them until failure (used to work out aggressively before so
sometimes I damaged some tendon in there, now I am taking it much more safe and slow) the next day my shoulders are A-ok.

Recommend something pls. :/ (I only have dumbbells and trapeze to work with)
pic. related - me about in Jan/Feb. I hit upper body and triceps' a lot lately so please no hate

headstand pushups, heavy dumbbell presses, dumbbell raises

>dumbbell raises
I do dumbbell raises, they dont seem to cut it.
>presses
for some reason when I do overhead with bar shaped anything in hand my left palm (that fat thumb muscle on palm) just hurts as if
someone was stabbing it with pencil or something and when I hold the weight differently my wrist gives up sooner than my shoulder.
>handstand pushups
never tried that, will try thank

dont have any recent pic with tits progress that I am so proud of, but I have old pic from about 12 months and ago when I started
so I might as well post that.

on pic. rel. you can clearly see that everything got better except shoulders stayed almost exactly the same even though I have not
been neglecting them

Is reg parks beginner routine good to bulk on? Should I do accessories on off days?

My knees go in during squats. How bad is this? I usually have a hard time not doing this on my last few reps.

What muscles are responsible for this (i.e. weakness in which muscle causes this, exactly)? Is there an accessory that could help me with this?

Is barefoot lifting a good idea?

Use pic related. Feels just like barefoot lifting and your gym won't bitch.

Also, if you're going to be using dumbbells, that's probably a no.

are these good for squats?

Neat. Thanks.

Yes. Best 14 bucks I ever spent.

When I bench, should I feel it mostly in my upper pecs?

How much lower back rounding is too much when maxing out on deadlifts? Also form check?

pic related is from earlier when testing my max and got lmao3pl8. Didnt expect to go over 285

>inb4 "that much is too much"
I never force my deadlifts if I know my back will be rounded but I really wanted to pull 3pl8 so this time i made an exception

Anyone have a favorite full body dumbbell only routine?

1.) Females can gain 0.12-0.25 pounds of muscle per week, but how much weight is gained in fat in the same period?

2.) If I want to gain 0.15 pounds of muscle per week, what kind of calorie surplus do I need to achieve that?

Thanks!

A novice requires more rest and less volume to see results.

Eventually a body grows used to lifting and gains do not come as easily.

Rest depends on how heavy you go. If you go to failure, then 48 hours sounds good. Otherwise, 24 hours is accepteable. This assumes your body is used to lifting weights. A lot of intermediate routines have you lifting every day.

Your chest is literally about parallel to the ground before you lift. That's not good. Stop the ego lifting, you got your 315. Now man-up and focus on not starting parallel to the ground (i.e., focus on pushing your ass down.

It looks like you're yanking it up with your back instead of doing one motion of legs and back

You should probably aim for a total caloric surplus of 1000 per week. But here we're talking about such minutae and exact details that the number will have to be something you figure out by yourself since you may need more or less than a textbook Person. Genetics, lifestyle and lifts determine this.

Well on your way to snap city.

Thanks for responding

I will take a deload and focus on getting down the form

What's the best way to build a strong core?
>inb4 squats
I want to target my core specifically. Will I have to do oblique-specific exercises or will doing core work in general build them enough?

you need to get your ass and hamstrings into it more. your hips are just slightly too high and i can tell by the flare in your lower back once the w8 is off the ground that you're not using your glutes from the bottom. The way I like to think about it is less of pulling/pushing the weight up but getting my hips into the ideal position (where you feel tension on the hamstrings and glutes), tightening the lats and abs hard, and driving the hips forward as you stand. Works for me. The form was fine for a 1rm but rep work would fall apart and if you/your gym has one, I would highly recommend using a belt to help you engage your abs more.

Thanks user, I'll try figuring out an ideal hip starting position.

I also do not let my form break down so much with rep work, but nonetheless it's still something I need to work on.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZkEdPotnDE

are these a meme? can they help even at the slightest

Np mate.
The way I like to do it is by bending down towards the bar and pulling the slack out at the beginning and basically using the weight to pull myself into proper position. Ed Coan and Mark Bell talk about this a lot, using the bar to crank yourself into the proper starting position. They have good videos discussing the deathlift and other shit on supertraining06. As for rep work, just make sure you don't touch and go. Stop and actually lift the weight dead. May the gains be with you breh

Thanks so much brah, your comments are a lot more helpful than "have fun in snap city" comments.

I'll check out that channel. And I actually used to do touch n go but I realized that touch n go is not ideal so now I do full stops before each rep. It sucks having to deload at such low weight (265lbs was my working weight today) but I don't want to keep moving up with not good form.

Of course bud we're all gonna make it. You might need to deload but hey, you hit lmao3pl8 so be proud and work in a manner that will enable you to reach higher goals, unburdened by ego. Just work on getting your hams and glutes up to snuff so that you can pull weight off the floor without rounding even slightly. Lengthening your back (by straightening it), using your glutes, using your lats to pull your shoulders down and back, and wearing a belt are among the things that allowed me to progress. Also, make sure you drink water even though that's not like a form thing. Shit's important.

Got a shoulder injury (possible labral tear).

So I decided I should not do any motions that abduct my shoulder, and that would include low bar squats because of the positioning of the arms.

What should I do to replace squats in the meant time to get or maintain my lower body strength.

Whenever I do my push exercises my right shoulder kinda hurts. I think it might be really tight.

Any stretches to help relieve the pain?

Should I sign up for the gym nearby my house or my campus? My house is 25 minutes away from my uni and the one that's near my campus seems to have more equipment.

So Veeky Forums doesn't like bread. Does pasta fall into the same category as bread?

I have crippling hamstring DOMS after high bar squatting for the first time in a week. Is this normal? Just weak hamstrings?

Should I have the same amount of protein every day or more protein on the off days ?

Yesterday I was doing some dips, and after 5-6 dips I felt a lot of pain in my abdominal muscles and stomach, and couldn't stand up without feeling pain for a while. It went away after like 5 minutes, but it is the second time it has happened. Tried looking it up on Google, but no results.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? The last few reps where the hardest, so it happened with maximum intensity.

Any help?

If they have the right equipment that you want to use for lifting, go for it.

go to a fucking hospital and stop shitposting you moron

>tfw round and nice left pec and pathetic right
What do? Is it natural?

Is hiring a Personal Trainer worth it? I've been 2 months on my gym and it's coach/''personal'' trainer didn't correct me on my form. I only knew it was wrong because an experienced friend told me yesterday, and it did made sense.

I'm trying to not be fixated on it but I'm on the 3rd week of 5/3/1 and my calculated 1rm vary by like 30lbs each week. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong with the program?

What are some good alternatives to back extensions/glute-ham raises in sub in doing TM?
I don't have equipment to do either, only freeweights.

Same amount. Also applies to calorie intake.

Not weak per se, just untrained/unaccustomed to the exercise.

Most of them are hacks. If your friend knows what he's doing, ask him to teach you. Even if you have to offer to pay him a little, still better than getting some bloke who's 'qualified' yet doesn't know shit.

It's because your arm is raised to take the photo dingus

I know I had my arm raised but I'm saying the truth I've noticed it a long time ago.

What's your dominant hand? What do you do for work/hobbies? Any reason you can think if it'd be bigger?

One of my pecs is also much bigger and with a little poking around I noticed my sternum was also uneven so that's my reason.

What site/app is that?

I don't go to the gym. I mostly swim and other than that I do various pushups and crunches.
I read sometimes the dominant side of the body is bigger but I am right handed.
Maybe I should try one handed pushups?

Could be a flexibility issue, try testing your hip internal and external rotation

Well try doing some one handeds or some mixed positon with your right hand further out than a normal push up position to put more weight on your left arm

Going on holiday next week, and I want to make sure I maximise my six-pack so that I can whore for likes on Instagram and temporarily forget about the misery of my existence. Working all week so I have only about one hour per day to work out - should I spend this time doing fat-burn cardio (probably a 10km run in the sun) or some sort of abs routine?

It's a muscle imbalance. Stretch your hip flexors/TFL/Vastus Lateralis and Biceps Femoris. Could also mean your glutes and Vastus medialis is weak.

At what bench 1RM should I start seeing a cut under my pecs?

Cardio, abs routine won't do much if there's fat in the way. Eat at a deficit too.

It doesn't help you cut faster.. The extra weight loss that you might experience is the water weight that is kept in the muscles when the glycogen is depleted. But from my experience it makes the cut ridiculously easy because you don't feel any hunger and it might preserve more muscle mass. Never try to bulk on keto.

Am I supposed to be this exhausted on a cut? I'm so low on energy even though I have refeed days. All I want to do is sleep. I can literally sleep a whole day if I have nothing else to do.

try keto

I did, it made me feel worse. Not even keto flu, I did a few months and hated it.

Good mornings, and straight legged deadlift

Try ECA stack?

In my personal experience I feel more energetic on keto. But studies have shown that there are people with polymorphisms in their fatty acid transport proteins. If think that you did keto perfectly, then it might be it. But you probably fucked something up.

I stopped lifting around 2.5 years ago and had stats like 150kg squat, 100 bench etc.
Just getting back into lifting now as of 2 weeks ago but can't even lift half of what I used to.
Is it normal to make the gains back quick or is it like I'm back at square one?

You'll gain faster than if you had never lifted before, yes.

What's a good press-up-to-failure score? I just tried and I reached 65 which I was pretty pleased with, although I have been on a purely bodyweight workout for the last year or so, so I should be above average compared to most.

maybe it's about your meal plan
can we have an exemple of your meals for one day ?

It's usually oats, coffee, chicken/steak/fish and a salad, eggs, cottage cheese, some fruit.

I make sure to get enough protein and carbs in.

Is intermittent fasting a meme?
Are there any actual benefits to it as opposed to regular eating or is it just something that can help you organise a diet without any meme magic?

in my experience fruit for breakfast help a lot if you are slow to start in the morning
also make sure that you eat some carbs or fat for lunch
keep some "floating" kcal for fruit if needed along the day if you don't need then just add them to your last meal

Are you meant to pull your shoulderblades back as far as possible (packing?) when squatting, benching and deadlifting? I was told you're meant to but after doing that yesterday my shouderblades near my spine are sore as fuck.

Does anyone have the image for Jason Blaha's Ice Cream Workout?

I can't find a decent quality one to save on my phone so I don't forget my routine

Cheers xx

I don't know about squatting so I will just answer the other two. For benching you want to, it allows your back to arch more and so you can lift more weight. For dead lifting you want to keep your back neutral, you aren't trying to row the weight so don't pull your shoulder blades back.

For bench and deads this guy () is right. For squats I pull them back before I go under the bar and tighten my abs and it works great.

Thanks guys
I don't have much of an arch for bench I'm more concerned about preventing a slipped disk than lifting as much as I can

I always make sure to keep my back straight as possible with deadlifts and squat (I put kinesio tape down my lower back so I can feel when it's rounding) but I must be doing fucking something wrong, it's bad enough that I'm almost on the verge of going to the doc

for your ice cream shit Will an image do? i.imgur.com/MrrSw7u.jpg

I do squats currently, but should I add barbell glute bridges if I want to improve my ass more?

All right dawgs I need your help.

1) I'm currently trying to lose weight when I first started going to the gym I weighed close to 290lbs and I went to 259lbs in like 4 months. I'm now in a plateau Im stuck in the 260 lbs range and I think it's from lifting and getting sick gains (that I can't see of course). Your fucking sticky told me that lifting makes you lose fat quicker but I keep jumping on the scale and all I feel is rage.

2) What food will help me to digest protein better without resorting to eating fiber I ain't trying to get a colonic over here.

Ah perfect

Got the same image on Google when I typed it in but for some reason it saves shittily on my phone

That one works fine though

how long should i wait to eat before/after workouts?

About 45 mins to an hour before if you're prone to upset stomach due to intense activity. Doesn't matter after.

How heavy is the standard shrug bar?
20kg?
The one in my gym is a proper pain in the arse to unrack, definitely feels heavier than 20 desu but maybe I'm wrong

So it seems my joints/tendons/ligaments are fragile as fuck. Since I started lifting 1.5 year ago I have already had problems with my wrists, shoulders and knees (I am fucking 20 yo). Talking about pain, clicking and other shit lasting for like a few months, in each area. Because of this I did progress that normal guy could do in two months of serious lifting.
I'm also not that type of guy who tries to squat 2pl8 on his first training, I'm very careful about form and not pushing too hard. I also always warm up well and stretch after training.
At the moment I'm not even lifting because of all this. Can't squat because of knees, can't OHP/BP because of shoulder.

So is there anything I can do to become more injury-proof? Is this shitty genes or maybe some illness? Should I consider taking joint supplements or it's a waste of money?

You might have lost muscle mass, but the structural, CNS and metabolic adaptions stick around for the rest of your life. So yeah, you'll gain pretty quickly.

It's a meme that mostly helps people who snack too much.

The soreness could be just DOMS in your mid/lower-trapezius. As long as your spine dosen't hurt you're probably fine.

Yes. Donkey kick machines also help quite a bit.

Take the bar to the scale. Weigh youself withouth and with bar. Mystery solved. (The formula is: mass of yourself with bar - mass of yourself = mass of bar.)

Why is it ok to ohp in the squat rack but not curl?

I'm kind of like this as well; you might have bad form.

Don't stretch before/after working out(stretch at a set time every day instead), warm-up well, and make sure your form is good.

If you already do all the above and you're 100% sure your form is good, I'd suggest taking supplements and/or start using machines instead of free weights.

After I fixed my form and worked on mobility everyday, all of my pain/clicking/tendon snapping shit stopped. It was bad because I injured quite a bit of my body with shit form lifting as a teenager and all of it came with me when I started lifting again as an adult... had to strengthen everything and be autistic about form.

The weighing scales in my gym costs 3 quid to use lmao

How to achieve Hercules mode? I think it's the perfect physique.

I'm currently cutting at 1800 calories a day but I have spent the past 3 days eating nothing but pizza and drinking beer. Should I just kill myself? How bad will the damage be?

sunk costs. don't worry about it and get back on your diet.

Are you a woman? Just create a makeshift scale out of gym equipment - you've got all the weights you need, for starters.

Because lots of people don't know how to clean the bar, and even if you do - beginners run into problems with core tightness. Curling can be done on half the machines (even the leg ones) and with every dumbbell without taking up the rack.

GeneticsXF

Get back on the train. Most people are fat by because of the "I screwed up, might as well go all in" maxim, hell, it's the reason for half the ills in this world.