The one that got away

>A person who you were originally supposed to end up with, but due to a cause of fate or by consequences caused by you the relationship failed and as time goes by you wonder what you and that person could have been, making them the one that got away.

how do you get over this?
also general feels thread i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afuqiEaysIA
youtube.com/watch?v=UWIIPX_5rbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCKKKKKK this was me

>tfw had 3 that fitted this category
>they all have bfs now because I was a fucking stupid socially-blind Autist tosspot

It's been three years. Several relationships in between. Spilled my guts to her last night. Doesn't change anything. It was a day apt for so much rain.

I wish I knew, user.

A little more than a week ago. We had a really great year and a half relationship. I'm older by 2 years but graduated. Going to a different state for job. Just randomly left her. I hate that I'm the coward I am, but the strain of long distance is too much.

Started lifting

Shes actually texting me right now

>date and live together for 2 years
>she gets bored and leaves
>regrets it a few months later
>feels like we cant get back together
>ends up living 10 secs down the road from me
>i had to see her yesterday to give her something that was still at my place
>she texts me later that night crying about how good i look and how much she regrets leaving
>texting me this morning
>i never asked for this

Think of the dick she took in those months she was off from you.

Be strong. What makes you think she won't get bored and cuck you?

Really doesnt bother me anymore desu. Ive been sleeping around a lot too.

im not trying to get back with her. Dont gotta worry about that

you're telling me...
went back to ex instead of trying to build something with the one that got away because I'm such a coward

i'm actually pretty happy with my ex overall. but I never feel the same I did with the other person

So she left you to take 15 dicks, but once she realized you were better than them she wants back?

Cum on her face and leave her on the side of the curb. You deserve someone more faithful.

>Cum on her face
Women used that to their favor. You dominating them is their way of them submitting you.

Fuck

We met last summer. We dated for only 6 months, then she started being >i don't really miss you

So I broke up with her, she assumed we we´re on a "break".

I dated another girl, she got sad. Saw her once after this were we fucked, then we fell out again.

I got her into lifting, we used to lift together. She had the perfect ass, even without squats. Didn´t drink, isn´t a slut, only slightly bitchy.

I really regret not cheating on my ex with this girl

Because now that I'm single and not getting laid everyday I can't even get her to text me back. Before we would cuddle and she opened up to me about how someone in her family fucked her when she was 9, and I opened up to her about my issues with my father and how I regret not telling him I loved him before he died.

Fuck man. I just hope the day I run into her, she remembers what we had together. I would have made her my gf and kept my dick in my pants for her.

>11th grade
>really like girl in Spanish class
>never said a word to her but know shes the one
>all i think about is her
>either daydreaming about her in class or looking at her
>heard her voice like twice and it sounded beautiful
>never spoke to her
>still think about her but now only as a memory
>she never realized i exist
>she never will
Ive already graduated high school and i have yet to feel like this towards any other girl. I just want to hear her voice again.
Not speaking to her is the only regret i have in my existance. I know there are many things and places i havent experienced in life but i dont feel like i missed out on any of it except for having a conversation with her.

Tell me about it, whyd she have to cheat, fuck I loved just hanging out with her and having someone to always talk to and say goodnight to.

Two years later and there's still a hole in my heart that club sluts, molly and a sickening physique can't fix, I was a loser back then and she would do anything to be with me now but I have to stay strong

More than a month ago ...

>just got my driver's license and went with her to her cabin
>watching some netflix together right before bedtime
>complementing how my body looks more cut, actually for the first time
>smirking as I wait for her to come to bed
>starts making out
>moments later she starts sobing
>asked her why
>she wasn't sure if she loved me anymore
>felt like i got a piano dropped on me
>starts packing my stuff as she begs me to stay not to go
>got in the car
>november rain by guns n' roses playing on the radio
>"cause nothin' lasts forever and we both know hearts can change ..."
>bid her farewell as I drive through the forest in the middle of the night

I do feel a lot better today. Like that I'm open for what the future have in store for me.

>Met in Japan, while we were both studying there
>Lived together for a year
>Long distance for a year, went to meet her when I could
>Decide to marry, have kids, plans our future together
>Her mom is a psychotic racist (White people can't speak Asian languages, apparently)
>Her mom calls her every night, crying, wanting us to break up, threatens to kill me (...) and herself
>GF finally breaks and breaks up
>Still "friends" (She texts me and I answer, I never initiate)

Waiting for the day she'll text me to tell me her mom has died. It will probably be the best day of my life. No, we're not getting back together.

Im sick of these feels threads
Not sick of seeing them but sick of being drawn to them, why does life have to be 95% bad feels even when things are good?

I had a gf long ago, at the time she was kind of shitty it seemed but as time goes on i realize how incredibly lucky i was to get her. I fucked up and dumped her because she had a drug addiction and refused to quit but fuck me if i dont regret that

She was...as close to perfect as a girl can be and ill probably never find a girl who is both somewhat decent and single at the same time since these two seem to cancel out

My problems in life always seem to relate to women though which is kind of shit

>1 year ago
> be together with this 8/10 girl
>she be vegan, politically correct and basically an ultra feminist
>we break up bcus me not being vegan
>fast forward to today
>grill is now redpilled, is going to vote for Trump
>basically everything I wanted her to be 1 year ago

I guess Veeky Forums is /r9k2.0/. Sage

It's been two years since then. We were really good friends and came very close to actually establishing a relationship, but then I fucked up. Two years ago, my best friend started dating her. At first I was mad, but now I see how happy they are together. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have met. I didn't know how to feel at first, but now it makes me feel good that I at least made others happy. Since then, I have either ghosted or been ghosted/rejected by numerous girls and have had 0 success.

>woman flip flops from one extreme to the other in the space of 12 months
user this woman is either insane or an attention seeker, neither of which you need in your life

I thought that was common place for women to change drastically in very short time periods
Isnt it?

Yes, but not that much.

>broke up with gf of 7 months a couple weeks ago
>im 23 and shes 19
>mostly issues she had with me but never brought them up even though I told her to talk to me if shit bothered her
>to her it was frustrating that I never buy jewelry as gifts even when i explained why
>always wanted to just fuck when we got to her place, never any chill time first
>always told me "you're body is perfect the way it is"
>complained about her self image but never exercised but followed weight watchers
>i ate vegan which frustrated her but i didnt care about her diet
>Sad as fuck breakup saying she loves me but she cant do this relationship anymore yada yada gotta focus on our own lives
>I cry but now im fine with it.
>realized she never took any blame in our relationship, so just blamed me essentially and hightailed

Seriously being single is the best for my stress and shit.

plus saving money

also here's my progress pics. She seriously didnt want me making gains

This thread killed me because I have 2 of these. One was like a 7.5 at the time and I had to move because work so yeah. She is now a 9/10 and that hurts bro. The other one was an exchange student at a uni some of my mates went to who lived with us. She went back to germany a year ago and every day I think about it.

Time. If with time you don't stop feeling this way you have a mental issue.

>Get talking to this girl through a friend
>Talk for several months
>When I say talk I mean daily non-stop convo going strong
> She's totally into you bro' psh yeah right, she'll get bored and go away eventually
>She doesn't, so think fuck let's ask her out
>Go to some gallery cause she's into art n shit
>Seemed to go alright, talk about maybe going out again soon
>Get message the next day saying we should just be friends

Fuck. me. I always catfish people by being perceived as a different guy through the internet than face to face.
Oh and she still talks to me almost daily, I just cba without there being an end goal so I leave messages as read when I don't feel like it but she sends another one within the day.
[spoiler]what did I do to deserve this torture[/spoiler]

This has nothing to do with fitness.

Go post in /adv/, /R9K/ or /b/ you fucking shitposting cunts.

No wonder women hate you, you can't even post your attention seeking beta faggot threads in the right forum.

>the one that got away

This is why you do cardio.

Same been 4 years. And whenever i get drunk i text her. I think she still has feelings for me but current situation wouldn't allow anything

Dam dude im sorry. Sounds like it was so romantic.glad to hear your good though

At least something good came out of it and you lost a lot of weight. Sorry you broke up thougb

Thanks man, hang in there yourself if you're in a similar pickle

I know mine does. And I do too. But she's the ultimate tsundere. I kept getting involved with other chicks when I could have tried getting her back, but I kept fucking it up. And now I'm a completely different person, and I don't even know how it'd work.

I was going to marry this girl, bro. I haven't lifted in three days, and I feel like dying.

I hope your situation gets better, user. Fucking sucks going from new pussy to new pussy, not feeling anything, knowing who the right one has and always will be.

Fug. I meant to reply to you but I replied to myself.Fug

what is your current situation?

>Date girl online during my autistic early high school years
>Second girl I've loved
>Talked for there years
>Broke up because I wanted to date someone I could feel
>Stopped texting and talking to her

Three years later and I still regret it. Even after being able to talk to people normally, I haven't been able to love any girlfriend I've had since then. I even wasted a nearly two years dating a girl I didn't like more than a friend.

Feelsnotsogreatman.png

Who /middlechild/ here? Could do with some help

I always knew I was somewhat out of place in my family and I did a spot of reading yesterday to find out more about it.

Turns out i've suffered EXTREME emotional neglect, literally ticking every single box. It explains everything about me and why I'm such a social failure. Even explains how I used to be an ambitious genius as a child and now I'm just average.

Struggling right now to place how I feel about all this but I'm pretty angry at my parents for making me be the one to police my fighting brothers, rather than them doing it themselves.

Anyone here know this feel and manage to get over this and able to live a good life? I feel so betrayed right now

>how do you get over this?
You dont.

>tfw she thought I was the one
>Broke it off because we were going to different cities and I legitimately wasn't that into her
>She on the other hand was thinking about marrying me
>tfw glad I made the decision I did but also guilty about the emotional damage I caused
>tfw thinking about her from time to time

I used to see this guy at my gym every day Im there.. thought about talking to him many many times but I chicken out every time. He hasn't been in the gym for a few days now and I feel like I missed my chance. All I do is think about him through out the day.

I really liked him and now I will probably live the rest of my life never knowing his name.

Its been a while since Ive been attracted to someone and this feels really bad

thanks for reading my blog

find her on facebook, she is probably fat and ugly now but if not then go get her son

> she got out of an abusive relationship
> be friends
> half year later we are dating for a while
> things get more and more serious
> suddenly says she needs time for herself
> says shes unsure of the future together

> after a bit of talking i find out why: because i helped her out of the mess with her ex she thinks back to those situations when she sees me.
> she gets nightmares

So she basically likes me but she gets flashbacks because of that.

Fuck my life, the more i got to know her the more i liked her. I still like her... Damn it

>have gf of 2 years
>think she is the one
>have some religious differences but i thought we could work
>breaks up with me a month ago after a week of bad feels
>says its bc religion and she's not happy
>gets with a mutual friend of ours from the church not even a few days later

starting to think she wanted to be with him for a while. sucks because i still dream about her every night and think about her often during the day. i loved her more than ive ever loved anyone, and im not a romantic person, she brought that out of me. now shes totally over me but i still love her despite what she put me through after the break up. its not nearly as bad as it was but im not anywhere near fully healed

mostly just forget about it by lifting and playing video games with friends

>she hasnt gotten away yet
>but shes going to

Im so scared for that day

I already have found it. Shes a senior in high school now according to my calculations(im a freshman in college now)
We only have 1 mutual friend and im not a 10/10 Chad so if i add her she will think im a creep.

I mostly look back on everyone I've had a crush on but couldn't manage a relationship with negatively, which makes me think I was just deluding myself at the time

so it's mostly a good thing

I've got a bad one.

>Met this chick on runescape when I was 12
>eventually got her number and we started talking on the phone
>we talked on the phone every single day for four years
>had plans to meet up when we got out of high school
>this other bitch I was fucking tricked me into getting her pregnant when I was 16
>me and runescape girl hit a real rough patch after that and kind of drifted apart. We still spoke quite often.
>almost three years later she moves all the way across the country to my my state when the other girl and I had broken up
>went to go meet her for the first time. She was fucking hot and funny and perfect. We slept together
>I went back home and got back together with my ex and now we're married and have four kids.

Not one day goes by that I don't think about my runescape girl

you fucking dope

MODS do your job it's losers complaining again

Well it looks like the other person is giving you something, that you are not getting from you ex
Looks to me that there might be something wrong in your relationship user

>i'm actually pretty happy with my ex overall.
no you're not
reason?
>but I never feel the same I did with the other person
there

you're an idiot, one of many, who thinks he knows what he wants, yet it was clearly proven to you that there is someone out there whom you longed for, yet never encountered that type of feeling before because you never felt it before

How the fuk do you know that you like him IF you've never talked to him?

>meet a beautiful girl
>she seems to like me
>go out 3 times with her
>somehow fuck up and tell her im in love with her
>she has to go on a vacation trip till sunday
>sunday comes
>she has to go on a vacation trip again
>she never spoke to me ever again

i really liked that girl dude FUCK FUCK IM SO FUCKING RETARDED WHY DID YOU MAKE ME REMEMBER THIS SHIT OP

even if you're right, i fucked up so bad, there was so much drama, so many disappointments. it would never work out with the other one because they simply probably hate me by this point. you can't infinitely fuck with a person's emotions and still expect them to like you.

so I'll try to make the best of what I have.

How do you know?
You're just assuming instead of actively seeking out to the person

>have derealisation/ depersonalisation
>meet gf on instagram
>we meet up after 1 year on the phone talking
>shes the girl of my dreams it feels so strange to see her almost feels like im "high"
>2 years goes by she leaves me without saying why
>cant contact her in anyway

its been 8 months i cry myself to sleep every other night derealisation came back but 10x worse

>tfw you know someone who is perfect for you but you are not perfect for them

Why can't it just work out.

Cry me a river, stop thinking, start acting you dolt. If that person has had any interest in you, he she wouldn't have gone through the first time problems arose.

You sound very indecisive. How young are you user?

Its "like" not love... maybe even an infatuation...

I didn't like him off the bat, but seeing him working hard and training everyday was attractive.. I guess

Funny you should post that picture & post in this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=afuqiEaysIA

You're all fucking faggots.

>make the best of what I have
Instead of pursuing what you really want, that other person obviously, you settle yourself actively for less because you're thinking about the what ifs way too much man
You like the other personmore? Good go with that and always go with what you really want faggot

>hang out with gril
>mimics my movements
>punches me playfully
>drinks my drink
>mentions going to the movies, watching movies, etc
how can anyone love me if i dont love myself? and even if i wanted to have a relatioship with her, i wouldn't know how to even try to initiate it because ive practically never had this sort of attention in my life and i don't know what to do

>used to havea bad oneitis when I was 15
>like really bad
>girl was hard core christian no sex before marriage etc
>"accidentally" check her fb and she has become a sex pshyciatrist and dates a chaddest of CHADS

Had a hearty kek because of them memes tho

this is it im never coming back here again

gf of 10 years dumped me last oct and this thread sent me over the edge after a few months of stability

i started to lift and wanted to see what fit was up to after a few years

then i see this

I had a dream about her last night too i saw her and she shook my hand shit felt so real in winter the back of her hand gets a bit rough from the cold sometimes and in my dream it was winter and it felt rougher than her palm

I smelt the shampoo and the body spray she used to use in the air around her

I looked into her eyes again and it all felt real

Broke down while lifting today it was too much just started sobbing when this came on

youtube.com/watch?v=UWIIPX_5rbM

I miss this place but I dont miss these threads or my memories.
Its like everywhere is ghosts. Ill be moving in a few months so that might help

But my brain and memories will go wherever I go so lets see

I messed up and its on me completely

Im sorry I blamed you Veeky Forums I guess the one year mark is coming up and its hitting me hard.

>tfw long term shoulder injury is finally healing and I can now bench the bar for reps

we're all gonna make it

every dog has its day

if not ill find meaning in the pain and put it into art as best I can

well, after my last major fuck-up we broke all contact and they blocked me so I assume that if I reached out to that person now in some way, there'd be no response or - even worse -rejection.

And I couldn't handle this emotionally.

it's impossible to "just act" because the circumstances just don't allow it

I don't like the person more. I like that person in another way. However, the chances that it's just initial attraction to that person and after that's gone, nothing would be left are too fucking high to risk losing my entire life as i know it now.

whatever, i'm a coward, i'm a faggot, i know

>tfw you're perfect for each other but you don't realise it until after you've broken her heart and have no way to talk to her

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

You're making excuses user. Talk to whatever person madr you happy, christ it's like you want that the person hates you.
What's keeping you from it, inb4 you yourself

>tfw im someone's 'the one who got away'

We dated for 3 years or so and I fucking died for him (was very naive, first love, high school sweet heart ... etc) and he gave no fucks... then we broke up and he suddenly wants to be friends and starts being friendly with my siblings

told him to fuck off

he kept sending me cuckbook messages so I blocked him, years later he find out other places I visit on the internet and sends me a tl;dr friendly message like a beta faggot ... so I deleted the messages and didnt reply

find out for a mutual friend of ours that he calls me his "one that got away"

I lol'd whole heartily

really felt like I dodge a bullet desu

Make peace with it and move on.

I really wish i had more to say but thems the breaks. I miss my ex from when i was 20, she was 16 with a DD cup. But after we broke up and my life was a mess i had to pick myself up.

So you guys cut contact , and? If he was anything as invested as you were the person will understand I believe

Also your life? You seriously planned out your whole life? Obviously there's already a constant that's going against that isn't it

You're a girl aren't you
If anything goes by countless feels threads every single guy wouldve loved to atleast stay in contact l, know that the girl is ok.
Also, cutting contact looks like it mightve had a bigger toll on you than it had while you guys were closer?

We get the love we think we deserve, user.

you want a mature tip from an oldfag?
stay in contact with thr person because once you grow old you'll realize that you shouldn't have cut it because it makes you feel good, nothing bad about it

i miss a lot of Girls I should've kept in contact

I had this mad thing for a girl back then and everyone knew it. I never asked her out though.

I'm currently seeing someone else but sometimes I still think about what would have happened if I did, even if I'm not really into her now. Am I fucked up? Weird regret feels.

What do, senpai?

If you've been with someone for ten years I think you can never truly forget them. Best to you.

>be me
>depressed teenager
>find girl on facebook
>just as depressed as me
>text for three years
>decide we should meet at least once in our lives
>most beautiful mistake of my life
>5 hour ride
>heartrate of 200bpm
>cutest girl I've ever seen
>make out the very second we're alone
>her lips fit perfectly on mine
>but we're teenagers
>poor
>stupid
>depressed
>everything goes great for a while
>every cent we get we spend on seeing eachother
>skype until we fall asleep
>run away in the middle of the night to watch the stars
>names for our future kids already decided
>relationship straight out of a John Green book
>we even have an "adventure notebook" with all our stories inside
>but depression is getting worse
>her family is breaking apart
>mother thinks we're the reason of her failed marriage
>I quit school in the meantime because of bullying
>we should be helping eachother
>but too focused on our own self pity
>eventually find a job
>don't have as much time as before
>we just stop talking
>no break up
>just never talked
>try again two more times in the year after that
>say very mean things to her
>say she's not trustworthy
>we were teenagers
>we were so dumb

This all happened between 13-18.
About to hit my 20s soon. Got back to school and got over my teenage """depression""".
I still think about her and she still blogs about me on her tumblr.
I wish we never met. No matter how many girls I meet they're never enough.
Hope she's doing better now.

>2y relationship
>do everything together
>rough patch
>she makes out with some nerd
>I fuck her best friend in retaliation
>we break up
>try and work things out, my ego can't take her making out with nerd boy, I get disgusted even looking at her
>we part our ways and never spoke again
>she was the best friend I ever had

Stalked her social media the other day, she's with some other unaesthetic nerd, i can't wrap my head around this crap. 6.2, Aryan features, shredded, graduate school and she cheats on me with some dyel manlet that watches anime.
?????????????????

Similar thing here
>go to party, meet qt with a fat ass
>literally in love with her
>her friend tells me she is into me as well
>hook up at party
>take her back to her dorm
>text her the next morning
>we hang out that entire week because my roommate is out for the week
>she sleeps over
>some nights we fuck, others just talk
>last night shes ever in my room
>her roommate calls her while we are on my bed
>needs her because boy issues
>walk her back to her dorm
>whilst walking she takes my hand and kisses me
>feel like a god walking with her by my side
>drop her off and go back to sleep
>wake up in the morning and go get breakfast, text her if she wants anything
>get text back telling me im too nice for her
>says she doesnt want a relationship at the moment
>i was fucking lead on and torn
>tells me we will still be friends
>a week later she has another boyfriend
>super fucking depressed for a solid month
>start to take gym super seriously
>trying to look better physically so she will know she fucked up

I tell myself I dont have feelings for her, but in reality I would take her back in an instant.

Better to have loved once than never loved at all? Fuck that.

my guilty conscience is keeping me from it. I can't hurt the other person involved again. it's just impossible. by hurting them again, I would literally just crumble and die.

I've not planned my whole life. But if you've been together with a person for so long, all your life somehow depends on and revolves around that person. I'd literally shoot myself in the foot if I gave up all of this. also i don't actually WANT to give up all of this, i like the situation i'm in..

>If anything goes by countless feels threads every single guy wouldve loved to atleast stay in contact l, know that the girl is ok.
i don't understand this part, sorry
>Also, cutting contact looks like it mightve had a bigger toll on you than it had while you guys were closer?
probably. i don't know how they feel as, well, we cut contact.

i want to stay in contact with them, i really do. but now i think it's better if i don't, until I've somehow moved on. maybe i'll feel better when they have a new partner and I really see that they are done with me.

fuck guys you all pretend to be infallible, you never felt like you're in a situation where you have to put your ego aside and think a bit about what impact your decision would have? i feel like it's a deadlock situation i'm in, and instead of hurting me and other, i rather just hurt myself

is the person dead? If not then why are yoi still here?
If yes, then I'm sorry for your loss

either way you will regret it in the end more than noe while you can still changr it

My girl is a chronic alcoholic and has jaundiced multiple times before 29, and yet I still try to help her and love her. She lies about alcohol too, which is what hurts the most, because of how hard she tries to hide alcohol from me. I just want her to be happy and healthy and all she wants to do is kill her liver.

She's going into a facility after being in the hospital, but I love her, and when she's sober she's my most favorite person in the world. That's why it's hard for me to imagine life without her when I try to imagine breaking up with her due to her lying and alcoholism.

Dammit why do LTRs have to fuck up the brain so much?

Damn user, right in the feels

no one will ever be able to understand the way they fucking think

To OP if you're happy with being with your ex then that's one thing, but you're obviously happy with that other person too. Don't deny yourself happiness in one or the other way. Also what is that other person giving you that your ex ( hint for a reason I might add) can't

also, keeping me from it is that they seemed pretty... ok?! with cutting contact. they didn't really do anything against it.

How old are you now?

I'm in a similiar situation but want the feels to go away already

Where the fuck did you read something about an ex in the OP?

Aren't You op? You write like him

There you have your answer. Seems to me he came to terms with it and wanted to stay friends, to not hurt you more he acted like he was ok but deep inside he might be sad? Dunno that's how I'd feel

Your guilty conscious? Sounds to me you found someone else than your ex guy who could give you those feelings you had and are embarrassed by him, that he is making you feek this way when in fact you were in your small bubble, having thought you had everything? Sorry if im a bit biased user, best buddy had something similar going on

>want to stay in contact with them, i really do.
Then do it, you're only keeping yourself from it because you are overthinking this too much

If he hated you he would've slapped you in the face or something to express his anger, but you didn't say anything about that.

You're making this way toi complicated for yourself dude, if you like it you roll with it, it is literally easy as that

It's whatever bro, I'm lifting heavier and harder than ever before and it's all fueled by hatred. At least it's making me thrive.

Worst thing is that I used to write her poems and just recently won my school's short story contest.
We always joked about me becoming an author.

I can't and won't tell her. Maybe we'll just forget.

Why should I then be the one to go full yolo and tell them how i feel while it's totally ok for them to hide their feelings. Maybe that would've changed something, if they just told me.

I'd probably rather wait until they contact me. After all, I have no idea if they even still want the contact.

Deadlock situation how?

If you're the one hurting because of this, then going the route you think will help will just lead to more what ifs, trust me I've gone that way, if I would've stopped for a second i could've turned it around and I'd still be seeing her, but insight came too late
Don't be me user, please

Ex broke up with me, all I did was smile, not because she is abitch, she isn't, but because I knew deep down my heart that we were meant to stay with each other as people we like because we were Getting along better than anyone I've ever met

> I knew deep down my heart that we were meant to stay with each other as people we like because we were Getting along better than anyone I've ever met
no sense to me staying with each other as "people you like" if you're getting along better with her than anyone you've ever met
why not gf her?