Meal prepping general

just finished my first attempt using some of the tips I got from sunday's thread

What did you learn?

come on why the waxpaper man. that's stupid

>tfw several turkeys die just for my twice a week meal prep.

(also fuck these fucking captcha images of burgers and fries while Im cutting.)

Is that white rice? Why's it all clumped? Also, buy brown rice.

Rice sticks together when cooked properly.
Also no.

where's the whey?
You must at least add some whey sparkling to your meals, don't you want to get big?

you're not gonna make it son.

wax paper is a bitch to cut evenly
putting ready meals into the sink in ice cold water is a good way to cool them down quickly
using a steaming basket properly is easy as fuck even if you've never done it before
the girl in last thread said it helps preserve the food and prevent "seepage" so the flavors don't mix as much
I've never cooked this much rice at once and also it was the cheapest shit rice in the supermarket

Looks unappetizing as fuck
Cutting doesn't have to be unpleasant, learn 2 cook.

>properly
Maybe if you're trying to make porridge out of it.
Fkn ew m8

>that mosquito just waiting to give you the zika

I eat oats and quark for breakfast

hory shet, do you remember that autist?
I fell in love tho

>quark
FUARK

Confirmed western fatty.

>White rice

user you will stay a hamplanet

i did meals for a week for a second time yesterday.
i just put rice veggies and meat in one container and eat. why do you spend twice as much time to make it look like it was made by your mom with all that wax paper n shit

>Literally less than 20 calories more in white rice per 100g.

If you're eating enough rice for that to make you fat, its not the type of rice thats the problem bub.

some spices are nice

EVERY CALORIE COUNTS

Um, no. You either overcooked that or waterlogged it.

>ethnic food cooked poorly by caucasians

>spend twice as much time
that's only one piece of paper folded up on both sides. it takes like 2 seconds extra per meal to put the paper in first then the ingredients on either side of it

So what are you doing?
History of this?

Yeah I guess it does to the armchair no-cardio lifters here. Those who lift 3-4x a week and think that makes them not sedentary.

for how many days is this?

that wasn't me but yes I waterlogged it. I haven't cooked that much rice before so I was kinda off on the measurements but next week I'll do better :^)

did you get those trips from Sunday?

4.5 days (wanted to do 10 meals but they sell chicken in threes here)

breakfast (oats and quark)
lift
meal #1
uni cafeteria
meal #2

this is how I've been eating but I haven't tried prepping meals for a week before

>indirectly endorsing disgusting brown/wild rice

tried this for the first time this morning after eating only quark for like 2 weeks
tasted like shit so I added a teaspoon of honey

what's your quark to oats ratio?

oh I don't mix them I get a glass of oats and a glass of milk and take a mouthful of oats and flush it down with milk. takes like a minute or two to down the amount I'd eat if I were to cook oatmeal after which I take one package of quark and eat it on its own

What's a good set of meal prep to do for a spooky skellington who is trying to put on weight?
6' 62kg

Long grain white rice sticks unless its watery as fuck.

eat the same thing everyone else here is eating but more of it

dat wax paper

Same as everyone else here but add more rice, drink a litre of whole milk a day too.

If that doesn't work. Add more food and milk.

>Rice sticks together whencooked properly

I don't understand why this triggered me so hard but go fuck yourself you motherfucking bastard

How can you start arguing in a meal prep thread

retards

that's a different kind of rice you mong

Don't forget to eat that mosquito, extra gains.

>6' 62kg
You're far from skeleton you fat retard. No need to cut.

Meant no need to bulk*

is this b8

you clearly have no clue about anything. 183cm 62kg is severly underweight even by the pussy government standards not to even mention for someone who wants to have any muscle

lol what. that is skelly as fuck

What the fuck is the purpose of this post? Is it supposed to be funny? Annoying? What exactly where you thinking?

Are you trying to create a stupid discussion where you try defending a ridiculous statement auch as that a person at 6' 62kg is fat?

I just don't get what kind of brain cancer motivates people like you to post shit like this.

>he doesn't go on anime dates

looks fucking disgusting

>Filename

Reminder: you shouldn't keep rice refrigerated for more that 4 days lest ye want thee food poisonee

What's wrong with the flavors mixing?

That dress looks like it was plucked from a spring JC Penney catalog circa 1992

>not liking the A E S T H E T I C dress

How long does chicken and rice last in the fridge before it goes rubbery or hard

5 days
vegetables mixing is fine but rice and acidity and I don't fucking know but it becomes mushy

you only eat lmao2turkeys?

Next time you do rice, put it in ziploc bags, squeeze all the air out, and keep them in your freezer in your preferrred serving size. Then heat them in the microwave if you have one.

Also tip for making rice...If you get short grain rice, rinse the rice about 3 times. Then, pour the water you're going to cook it with onto it, and let it sit for a while. 20 mins is good, an hour is good too, beyond that's probably not necessary. Then put the lid on and cook it until you see the lid strting to tremble (probably 20min) and peek in there, if everything looks okay then take the lid off and let some more of the water/steam start cooking off for as long as you want. This is going to give you the "sticky" rice, and this is the one that keeps well in the freezer.

Long grain rice, I don't usually rinse it or soak it, and I usually put a small amount of oil in the water, and when I come take a look at it at the 20min mark, I usually stir it around and if I didn't add oil (or butter) already, that's when I add some. This is going to make the more separated rice. Haven't tried freezing this.

Alternative on the 2nd method: Put the dry rice in a pan, and put some oil on it. Fry up the dry rice until it starts to turn golden-brown. Then throw in some chopped onion and garlic. After that, pour in some tomato sauce and a slight amount of water (even better if you yourself mashed up about 4 tomatos and peppers and just poured all the stuff into there). Cover and let sit like Rice#1, don't come bother it and stir it. 20min or so later, you have delicious Mexican rice. Protip is: use a clear lid on all of these so you never have to take off the lid to see your rice until it is almost done.

Also in my experience, trying to keep rice in the fridge is pretty gross unless it's plain (no oil/butter) and in the freezer like I said.

Even better is to just go get a rice cooker. Oster makes a good cheap one you can pick up for like $20 at Target if you live somewhere that has Target.

>why not make all your foods into slop
Maybe he wants to taste the different flavors as they mix in his mouth or maybe he wants to have a taste of one thing then a taste of the other. I swear, fucking ajmericans

Is there a way of mixing shredded chicken, oats, rice, egg, and protein to make like a casserole of some kind.

mix it into a weird soup

add some veggies and herbs and you got a nice stew

A fully grown adult having a fucking tea party with her imaginary friend.

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Oh and P.S., with method one, if you let the rice burn slightly on the bottom of the pan, you can scrape it out and it tastes breddy good. It looks like pic related and it's a crunchy toasty tasting snack. And after you get that off of there you can boil some water around whatever is still left in the pan to help clean the pan, but you can also drink the water to get some similarly sweet/toasty tasting "tea".

he's not imaginary

>fireplace on the monitors

This picture gets more depressi g everytime i see it. I feel sorry for the 40 cats this lady will one day own.

thanks I'll definitely try out the mexican rice some time

what you see in OP pic is literally all the kitchen counter space I have in this apartment so I try not to get extra appliances like rice cookers or microwaves. even my toaster and gf grill have to be kept in a drawer so I have any space to cook

Why do people drink almond milk instead of regular milk?

Get rid of the oats and you have yourself a start to some fried rice there.

lactose intolerance?

what a hell

hello /meal prep/

I am a newfag and while I am willing to read up and not be lazy I would like to cut down my learning curve. What is the best way for me to make an entire month's supply of food and store it for roughly 3000cal diet? If I eat 2 1500 meals per day (while also having protein shake and such) then I would need 60 containers ready for microwave, at least this makes sense to me. How should I do this? Recommended reading links?

>her

>drinking burnt rice water

do you want to eat real meat for protein? do you own a large freezer? why only 2 meals?

Ideally I would eat chicken or ground beef, and some rice since I already have a good rice cooker that makes such cooking nearly instantaneous. And some vegetables. I saw some meal prep pics with chicken, rice and broccoli which seems good to me, so something like that. But I'm open to whatever will be healthiest and save time.

>why only 2 meals

time constraints, time spent dicking around with a microwave and eating is time I could be doing other shit, gotta go fast

>fire place on monitors
> rain/whale sounds playing on the stereo
>sea salt and lavender candle burning
>put on my flowing light dress
>drink herbal tea

this is reddit tier relaxation

well chicken, vegetables and rice is the best so that's what you gotta do. the process is the same, preparing 60 meals just takes a little longer.

cook breasts in oven (you can fit 8-12 in one tray), cook rice, steam vegetables, assemble in a container

Any newbies guide to first meal prep? I only just started lifting and didnt know meal prep was a thing until now.

that's almost chinese restaurant style chicken fried rice

>cook rice, preferably on wok but desu pot of water on stove works but is a hassle, rice cooker is easiest
>fry diced chicken breast and frozen mixed vegetables on stove once rice is done
>dump rice on cooked chicken/veggies
>crack a couple eggs over it
>add soy sauce as needed and constantly stir the mass until it looks like something you paid $20+ dollars for at chang lee's overpriced house of MSG

you can add monosodium glutamate and make it taste exactly like how some chinese places make it, but lately (at least in USA) MSG is starting to go extinct because too many people get sick from it. I used to think MSG sickness was some """""gluten intolerence""""" level white people bullshit, but then I intentionally added MSG to my fried rice and it really did make me feel like shit pretty much every time, so I guess I'm MSG intolerant. Nausea and such.

I did my first meal prep today and I just kinda did it and it went fine so I don't know what it is you want to know. Can you cook in general?

sunday's thread had a bunch of good advice for more specific stuff and some example pictures for you to look at

I eat this without the chicken and veggies but with onion when I feel fat

Less calories

I'm on my way. Got beans cooking now, 3 lbs of chicken titties sitting in a brine which are going right on the grill after I prepare the veggies (broccoli, carrots, spinach, bell peppers). I've got 4 meals like this a day, and will alternate between 2 Asian-type meals, and 2 Caribbean type meals. Unfortunately my store jew'd me out on chicken breast weight, so I'll have to get more tomorrow to even things out

Forgot pic. 3 days worth of the brown rice portions. Not shown: 3 days worth of white rice portions for immediate post-workout meals

What containers are those?
I was thinking of getting a nice bento box since they organize food well but it's like 20 bucks for 2 containers.

Best containers for meal prep?

Microwavable, dishwasher safe ones...with lids.

Whan cuked proberly its unstik

All that wasted empty space. Learn to vegetable

Isn't plastic bad for you?

I already use glass bottles instead of plastic ones.

Are there any alternatives to plastic containers?

Use Patty Papers. They're like those separators in Costco packs of pre portioned hamburgers. They're perfect 5x5 squares

Learn to read, bro

Autism

are you literally me? i do half lemon pepper and half cayenne pepper. so good.

>Scented candles
>Being fooled by the candle Jew

My nigga, get a vaporizer off of Amazon for like 20 bucks and some essential oils and replace hundreds of dollars of candles

lock and lock with dividers

>who took the photo

I think most here know plastic is bad for you but bulk glass containers just aren't a thing.

I'm personally thinking of looking into wooden bentos if they're affordable.

post spices for these asian and caribbean type meals
these are regular ass containers from a supermarket. cost 2.90 for 2 iirc. manufacturer is orthex and the size is 1.2l
anything that's a good size and airtight. you can pay up to 20 bucks a piece if you fall for the plastic jew