/run/ general

Made some progress today /run/.
I am 230 lbs, male, been running mostly on treadmill for the past month or so. decided to wake up early today and go for a run on the street...
ran 4.2mi in 39:36 which is a pace of 9:22/mile.
compared to my treadmill times this is by far the best time i've had.

how was your run today?

shit, my wife bonked at 1.9 miles but my ON shoes were fantastic

I ran from them feels

ON shoes? i have some asics with motion control.

ON cloud flyer, just got them and they are beast

My other pair is a pair of asics GT-2000 and i love them too

Throw in coconut oil that will help you burn fat very quickly.

how so? im interested.

How much does clothing affect my running performance? I've been running in all cotton for the past few months.

oh nice, i haven't spent that much on running shoes... maybe once i finish the pair of asics i just got.

I've switched from road running to treadmill recently and jesus christ I can actually enjoy running without every joint in my body burning up and wanting to quit immediately.

i feel like cotton adds a bit of weight once you start sweating but other than that i don't think a cotton shirt should bring you down too much.

Have you tried running in a forest or on the beach?

I enjoy running in nature much more than in the concrete jungle.

really? i feel the opposite. i started getting bored of the gym for the sole purpose of using the treadmill. now i think i will run on the street in the morning and then use the gym only for weights.

I ran this morning through a very large nearby cemetery. It might sound weird, but it's very peaceful. Quiet, no traffic, pleasant paved roads to run on through pretty rolling fields. Would recommend.

Forest is too obstacley, can't concentrate on speed or distance in favour of trying not to trip over a branch and die of sepsis. Not tried the beach but I've heard its incredibly tiring compared to all other forms of running.

When you've got your headphones in and are concentrating on the run it doesn't matter where you are to me. Plus my gym has televisions infront of cardio machines, I can go for a sauna and swim afterwards etc.

i've ran with headphones on and my gym also has tv's in front of the cardio machines. but i liked the change of scenery. running at 5:45 am facing the rising sun felt great. although the gym offers those cute cardio bunnies ^___^

Did hill repeats this morning. This evening I ran 15 miles through a technical mountain trail.

Might buy Nike zoom pegasus 33. Currently using flyknit lunar 3

Can anyone recommend a decent heart monitor?

Anyone use the fitbit app? You don't need a fitbit but it's nice to challenge people on it.

run on trails (paved MUP or just dirt/gravel) and asphalt instead of the concrete sidewalk.

Only heard good things about the Pegasus 33s. Will probably try them out next.

Since jogging I've had this aching dull pain in my achilles tendon that carries over into my squat and push press.

What do?

obstacle-y can be a bitch when your out of breath and have to jump over a tree; other wise I have no problem dodging roots, running through leaves or crazy hills. I hate running on roads

I started running 2 miles every other day for 2 weeks. I have seen little progress how long until you start to see a difference

8-200 meter repeats at a 6:20 pace. Hot and humid but felt surprisingly good.

Did 4-Mile repeats, best was a 6:11. Pretty happy since 2 weeks ago when i started running my first mile was 6:43.

stop running asap, thats how i fucked my achilles in 2013, i partially tore it and waited till jan 2015 to get surgery. its now been 3 years since i could run. its horrible