GST Foundation - pastebin.com/rk1vVJve

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zNm4d0jPiLI?t=44s
youtube.com/watch?v=DevX6gkwstM
youtube.com/watch?v=kVBf0Ija2T4
youtube.com/watch?v=GQYQx3sZjeo
youtube.com/watch?v=BU2O54MHolY
youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsDjMujjo
austinpublishinggroup.com/biomarkers/download.php?file=fulltext/biomarkers-v2-id1015.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23698081
youtube.com/watch?v=vdjWgw98EeI
youtube.com/watch?v=ctunmnwbbSI
youtube.com/watch?v=CA-caL1Peh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some prerequisites for iron cross training?

>strong back lever
>strong muscle ups & dips
>strong very stable front support position
>straight arm ring flies with ease
Be very careful when training for the iron cross. Go very slowly and don't progress too fast as it's very easy to injure yourself.

Are bodyweight one leg deadlifts meme-tier?

what the fuck is that? never heard of bodyweight deadlifts

Apparently this juicy gentleman was once spotted doing handstand pushups for about 15 reps with a weighted vest.
Can anyone confirm this rumour?

this shit
youtu.be/zNm4d0jPiLI?t=44s
looks dumb but im looking for stuff to hit my back

Nah, your leg works as a counterweight so it's actually useless movement.

Do pic related

They are meme tier unless you're new to exercise.
Mostly a stretching exercise but this is better
youtube.com/watch?v=DevX6gkwstM

superman holds and reverse leg lifts are good
youtube.com/watch?v=kVBf0Ija2T4
youtube.com/watch?v=GQYQx3sZjeo

Dope, appreciate it

If it sounds retarded and looks retarded, it probably is retarded.

0.2/10 meant to be unbelievable
youtube.com/watch?v=BU2O54MHolY

youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsDjMujjo

don't reply to that fucking b8 senpai, it's not about BW it's about that meme faggot

yeah I know but it's a good way to bump the thread with relevant stuff

Alright then, senpai

Only ever do bodyweight, been doing for years, my weight has only changed half a stone since I started, although I had a 3 month period I lost two stone. I'm now 12 stone, 5'9and I need some leg exercises since all I have for weight is a few free weights up to 10kg and a bag of scrap metal I stole, roughly weighing 45kg. I wanna get fit and lean like a wild animal.

If you want to gain weight than you have to make sure you're in a caloric surplus while also doing enough volume to make your muscles grow.

Bulgarian splits squats
Pistol squats
Glute ham raises
Sissy squats
Calf raises
Plymetrics
Uphill sprints

Are some good leg exercises you can do.

God fucking damn it. This guy is so insanely juicy. He's apparently 27. Can I make it in 3/4 years?

who dat?

He trains high level gymnastics from a young age with good genetics, diet, training, coaching and you want to get the same results in under 5 years?

>stone
what the fuck is wrong with you, americunts

thank you fitnessfaqs

Stone is brit-speak, lad

It's British measurement you penis.

We're generally in between metric and imperial, using mph in cars and miles on road signs, yet Celsius and starting to use kilograms and cm for height. Cm makes no sense to me.

>5'7"
>good genetics

>height is the only thing that determines good genetics
I wasn't talking about his height when I said good genetics. The dude has good insertions and can compete at a world class level. He got a silver and bronze at the world championship.

I think he was >implying that due to his height he looks good

Genetics is a meme.

Yeah that's why there are 6ft+ gymnasts placing at the Olympics?
because their genetics don't affect how well they'd perform at all

austinpublishinggroup.com/biomarkers/download.php?file=fulltext/biomarkers-v2-id1015.pdf

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23698081

There are quite a few studies that prove genetics play a roll in predisposition to athleticism.

Doesn't mean I can't get juicy as a mother fucked in five years biotch.

Is a human flag suppoused to be hard on the elbows tendons? My elbows tendons feel sore today after using them to support my weight.

Where can I see and contrast a collection of calisthenic bods? I want to know what I'm in for. Especially as a pull up junkie that hates working chest.

I understand that I have to train a movement to do it but is it possible to become strong enough for back/front lever through a different means like weights or is that just longer/less effective?

I'd really like to start doing front/back lever whilst still doing WL.

just google for male gymnasts, they rarely have big chests

>You'll look like an Olympic gymnast from calisthenics

You forgot the state sponsored roid programmes too.

My mistake. I meant "normal" people. No gymnasts and no roids. I'm never touching a ring in my life.

You will have muscles but you may not hold it for long, it's a holding exercise.

For front lever:
>lay on back
>barbell
>hands straight up above your head
>hands in line with your back
>bring the weight above your head
>straight arms

back lever
>standing up
>barbell in hands
>bring barbell from hips to the front of you
>straight arms

in theory should be something like that, but I don't know how bad it will be for your shoulders

well, you can never 'know' if someone has roided and shit
picture is with rings as those are most popular in olympics, makes good photos too

if you look at olympic gymnasts, thats pretty much 'peak' for bodyweight, so don't expect to be any bigger than them, unless you do the smart thing and supplement BW with weight accesories

You can certainly mix the two.
Start adding in a few sets of front/back lever in your workouts.
There are exercises you can do that will certainly help obtain them though the best way to get good at something is by training it directly.

>Front Lever accessories
Weight pull-ups
Straight arm lat pull downs
Dragon flags (good to train if you do abs workouts)
Hollow body holds

>Back lever
Superman holds
Straight arm front delt raise
Reverse leg lifts
Back extensions

Im no gymnast but i have a pretty big chest and arms familia.
That said i do a lot of pressing movements with bodyweight. Unless you are willing to do dips say goodbye to a chest without weights.

Thanks, I think my abs are definitely a weakness and can feel it all in my lower abs just trying to lift my feet off the floor.
I'll start a progression.

hi guys, i've been posting here a bit ago about trying training everyday since my squating training is shit anyway and i got tired of it already, so here's my new questions.

i mostly do stuff similar to startingbodyweight, i.e. just bodyweight training with lifting mindset behind it, mostly focusing on muscle development and adding more and more weight. I'm intrested in stuff like handstand and planks and human flags and all that crap.

Should i cut time and energy off my standart workout to work more on skills?

Should i do them in off days?

What /bwg/ thinks of more mobile stuff like tricking and acrobatics? Anyone doing this? I used to love acrobatics back when i wrestled.

I dunno but will back\front levers help me or can someone even make a more or less explanation on why it's important? I've been able to do it for a pretty long time now, but i don't feel like it's even translates into anything.

I also don't know if i should post my routine here or not, do we even have enough people here now?

And the last one is can someone suggest a good stretching video\site\instructions? I lost a lot of leg mobility in last 2 years post-op so i dunno would be nice to do it, but i never streched without a coach and never paid attention at training to stretching anyway.

I just follow Foundation, it has mobility for every level

You still need rest days even if you only do BW

I'm training OAC/OAP by just jumping and doing assisted negatives (holding my wrist and then lower until I'm at elbow).

Is this a good method? Do you find that greasing the groove helps with this kind of stuff?

Also, whey does my body twist when I use my left arm but not right arm?

Yeah that's alright. Greasing the groove works really well with OAC. You also want to be doing some form of full ROM so archer/uneven chins/pulls. Also eventually build up to unassisted negatives.

I'd say you most likely have weak stabilisers in your left arm. Are you rights handed/right dominate?

Doing one arm scapula depression holds may help with this
youtube.com/watch?v=vdjWgw98EeI

KEK

You don't know what you're talking about

WTF is this

>2016
>still following memendations
>expecting results

b-but I'm getting results, senpai?

Alright then what are some prerequisites for the iron cross?

Bump

Is this the general that was going on /asp/ some while ago?

FAST!

Front lever- Scapular protraction or retraction?

retraction

>"bodyweight"

Well I have massive lats while my middle back is way weaker and protraction makes it way easier, while retraction is causing me deep back pain

pinched nerve?

>well, you can never 'know' if someone has roided and shit
if they are competing at an international level, they have roided. otherwise, someone roided would have been in their place.

I don't know... It's really deep and sometimes I cant breath in for few seconds

Breathe in*

Has anybody here ever had an experience where your right/left bicep feels like its taking the whole load during a pull up? Whenever i preform a pull up, the upper part of my right bicep, right below my deltoid, becomes very tight and activated like its about to pop. Its not painful or inflamed or even red, but whenever i do pull ups/chin ups and sometimes push with my hands rotated to where my thumbs point foward, it over activates.

pull from the back

Can v-handle pulldowns help me progress with pullups?
I currently can only do 3 pushups and 5-6 chinups, but I feel like I'm not doing much progress just doing those, I'm too weak.

That's pretty natural, almost every human is right side dominate due to a number of factors we can get into later.
You'll just have to compensate.
>on 3/5 set pullups
>start feel my right side tugging harder than my left
>just stop set all together and take a quick break/stretch a bit
>come back and focus on keeping that left arm working

routine?

i don't know guys, should i bother doing back bridges as a replacement for deadlift? i can already hold it for more than a minute

Dyel

Who here hates wall handstand pushups? I do them for shoulder gains but I loathe them at the same time

these guys

how long have you been at it?

I got 3 muscle ups in a row today.

Just wanted to tell someone because none of my friends or family give a fuck.

I've done the pulldowns for the last 3 workouts
started doing chinups (basically SS) since the beginning of July
I'm not fat, recovering skelly, but my upper body is smaller compared to my legs and hips

Any routines to get down handstands?
I'm fairly good at bodyweight, I can do high intensity sets of pull ups, dips, etc. I can do front and back levers.
But I can't get down handstands. Is there any way to progress into them with handstand push ups or something?

handstands are a skill, they' have nothing to do with strength
you have to learn to balance by doing it agaib and again
practice makes perfect

Crunches are apparently a meme and I fucking hate planks, what other core workouts can I do without a pull-up bar?

Good job bro, keep on making gains.

Post your routines?

Oh, thanks. Kinda makes me sad, but I guess I'll have to suck it up and try.

L-sits, lizard walks, dragon flags, a wannabe V-sit (where you don't stand on your hands, but just hold a V position while on your butt).
A lot of ground-based movements work abs.

Bravo, user. I'm getting there.

is the ab wheel a meme?
tried it once and I almost died

It's not, although it should be named "core wheel", because good God almighty, it destroys core.

as someone who hasnt done abs in a while, expect from dquats and diddies, can I start with that or should I begin with something more like planks, dragon flags etc?

I dont really know at this point. I just workout.

You can start with whatever you want familia.

Try doing a lalanne push up first. If you can do one, then go for the ab wheel.
If you can't, don't even think about the ab wheel, and stick to L-sits, dragon flags and lalanne push ups.
However, you can try doing your maximum extension on the ab wheel for reps if you really want to, and just work your way into a full extension from there. But it will be far more frustrating than doing all the fancy stuff.

I've have a similar issue .Right after a set of pull ups i felt a quick, pain down my right arms brachioradialis and now it seems the load of my body is going towards my right biceps, even with good form, during pull ups/chin ups. I'm afraid it could lead to a bicep tear or damage

/bwg/-bitch weight general lmoa

depression and retraction

Adam raw does a lot of calisthenics and there's nothing wrong with doing weight training as well. Even gymnasts lift weights

Back bridges are good for mobility and strength. You should just be trying to hold it. You should actively being trying to push through your hands and feet as hard as you can. While deadlifts are for absolute strength. You can do both.

There are a lot of video online that can help you but ultimately it's a case of doing them everyday until you master them.
youtube.com/watch?v=ctunmnwbbSI
youtube.com/watch?v=CA-caL1Peh4

ty for bump home-slice

if i only do
>dips
>bw squats
>HSPU
>regular pushup progressions
>pullups

would i be fucking myself over at all? i THINK that covers everything. maybe l sits for abs

Eventually they will be easy and you will have to do other things. You should ne fine for now though.

>other things

what should i do after those become easy?

>dips
Either weighted or acher dips
>pull ups
1 arm pull up progressions
>squats
Pistol/shrimp squats
>hspu
Im assumimg you use a wall for this. If you do then a free handstand push up and variations.
You get the gist.