Excuses normies use for not getting Veeky Forums

>"I don't have the time..."

I don't want to get all muscley and huge.

> too much conflicting info
> I don't know who to believe

I'm too tired when I get off work

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>"My metabolism is too slow"
>"I have an under-active thyroid"

>I've tried everything

These trigger me
This is an excuse I have seen from brosplitters, not parallel or not-knees-over-toes squatters and crossfiters, not from non lifters.
I accept that one and am grateful that so far I can afford the time and energy, and hope that they can too one day.
>triggered

>dieting is too hard :(

Thanks for the (You)

"A drunk driver hit me and made me a quadriplegic."

"I stepped on a landmine while vacationing in Vietnam."

"I suffer from severe depression and paralyzed myself from the neck down with a failed hanging attempt."

"I tried to kill myself by cutting my wrists, but survived with a cut tendon and damaged nerves. I never regained use of my left hand."

workin in a care facility and these people can give are excuses

not gonna make it

Every PR I have ever hit I have felt l like shit. Your body flat out lies about how much energy it has.

>stuff

ravioli ravioli give me the bumperoni

Does anyone here gym in the early morning, eg 5am?

"I missed Monday so now I can't start until next Monday"
Repeat forever.

Thought these were Genova-isms

this is a good excuse, though. especially if they have to commute like 1 hour each way

Fuck yes. I wake up at 530 to be at the gym by 630. I'm usually leaving by the time the loud faggots come in.

What time do you go to sleep?

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

>actually knowing why
>loud faggots bullshit during rest periods and talk
>They occupy all the equipment
>They go at the SAME fucking time every morning and still look like shit

nevermind, I know now. It's funny because it's true

>"The gym is too intimidating!"
>"I have better ways to spend my time!"
No one cares what you're doing at the gym and the people who use the time excuse watch a shitload of netflix.
Four major car accidents.
It's dubbening.

>I'd rather enjoy living than torturing myself in the gym everday

Don't know about him but I do the same (move the schedule forward one hour) and I try to get sleep by midnight. Unless I'm working the closing shift. Then its sleep by 5, gym by 8, work by 10.

>Looking good is for narcissists

>I'm healthy, even though I have a gut and my arms are skinny

>I already have a (fat) girlfriend, what do I need to go to the gym for?

>I'm a smoker and it's pointless to be fit if i'm still smoking.

That last one used to be me, but I started going to the gym even while I was still smoking. I found that after a while I wanted to stop smoking because it was interfering with my cardio and thus my weight loss goals.

TL;DR going to the gym inspired my to quit smoking.

>I mean, I wanna get in better shape, but I'd need like a trainer or something because I wouldn't know what to do

How the hell do I get my little faggot brother to start lifting. He's into it but he keeps quitting.

>I'm busy w/ school
>I want to wait until I have time to start consistently

I ask him if he has much HW a few days later

>"No"
>"Why don't you come to the gym today then?"
>"I want to wait until I can start consistently"

God this little fag is infuriating. A few lifts here and there before starting an organized schedule is only good for you.

>I'm too tired when I get off work

Imo, being tired isn't an excuse. I've had days where I felt shitty and thought I was too tired to lift, but I went to the gym anyway just to at least keep the habit, figuring a tiny amount of progress is better than no progress.... Well guess what? Once I started lifting, my blood started flowing and I found the energy to do my normal workout.

Separate from being tired, a valid excuse is getting a proper amount of sleep. I work part-time and don't get the benefit of a regular sleep schedule, so some days I need to ditch the workout if I had planned on going before bed but end up getting off work later than expected. Sleep should be holy for Veeky Forumsizens, if I don't get a good night's rest I fall apart, and fast.

Does he like sports or pro wrestling or anything where theres a jacked dude he likes? Not cause hes jacked, but just likes him?

Leave a picture of of the guy in his room and write underneath it

>You could look just like him by now if you hadnt kept giving up

>"Yeah I should get started but it's hard to find the time"
>plays video games every day

The Golden One

Good idea

>You could look just like him
>Look like him

It triggers me how everyone is just about the looks here. How insecure are you guys? Don't you like sports and stuff for no other reason?

This triggers me so much.

People will tell me that i should invest 80 goddamn waking hours of my life watching that faggy game of thrones show, then tell me they have no time to stay in shape.

Bitch, do burpees while watching your bullshit

>I just love food too much.

>I don't care enough

Fucking fight club-esque quotes.

Self-improvement is masturbation or whatever.

Theres a fat "niceguy" beta who in an ideal world would wear a fedora every day, who posts statuses on facebook basically talking shit about "da media is lying about bodies" and shit.

Don't force your bro into it. Just bully him with your superior strength until he hates you and starts lifting to kill you

>I have felt I like shit
wat

>Sweat is gross

I here this all the time
>"I get bored doing the same thing"

THIS.

Yeah that's B.S. unless you're working at a job that makes lift a ton of things around.

Sitting at a desk or standing all day doesn't really make you tired. 90% of the time once someone feels that way and actually goes to the gym after work, they feel great.

>"I missed Monday so now I can't start until next Monday"
>Repeat forever.

Just like when I start a cut...

>2016
>not getting huge by accident
It is like you dont want to make it accidentally

Kek

I homegym but i genuinely have fun when i work out.
The whole time i'm like, "every rep is me becoming a better version of myself."

Me too, but still, go lift the fucking weights, and if you decide you like it, and get tired of mediocre results, then adjust the food. I enjoy watching myself change, rather than comfort eating.

If im not dripping on the floor when im done, i have not done enough.

>im afraid of being judged
THEN STOP LEAVING YOUR FUCKING HOUSE

>tfw apple picking and grading all day
>tfw my days are basically all cardio all the time
>tfw not gonna make it

Usually around midnight. I'm home from work at 1030, hit the rest of my macros, then sleep till gym.

this was my old friend group

> "I just don't have the time"
> gets stoned and drunk every night until 2am

when I got swole they got incredibly insecure and we had a yuge falling out

I convinced my brother to come lift with me once. Halfway through he goes "what's the point? Why are we doing this?" And he just left. I honestly couldn't answer him. I just said something general, like it's good for you and feels good, but honestly I'm not even sure I believed that myself.

Anyways the guy almost made me stop lifting, but I slowly came to realize why I lift. So I guess if a normie asks why lift, if the person on the other side doesn't have a good reason, then that just puts the normie off of lifting even more.

are you sure that they got insecure and you didnt just turn into an insufferable preaching faggot talking about fitness all day?

>fucking liar

Sorry, im projecting.

This is true for me. Work leaves me extremely mentally exhausted.

So I wake up 2 hours before work to gym. Most people don't have that determination.

>have friend who wants to start exercising
>can't even do 5 pushups
>chest almost goes inwards from how flat it is

>"hey bro, I think I'm gonna stop with the pushups, I don't want my chest to get all buff and wide"

Dropped it after this.

T. Itachi Uchiha

How is that enough sleep

Jesus christ, I'd be crawling if I slept so little.

lol'd

def best shinobi

Later on you find out he carried sin like Batman.

Definitely a good shinobi.

it's not, he's sacrificing gains for gains

so go to the gym before work? I know I'd be too tired and lazy after a long day so I start my day with it. and since I don't work in manual labor I've actually found that it only makes me more alert for the rest of the day

I have same routine, go to sleep at 8, pretty shit quality sleep but I feel rested come 5:30.

>not handing them your personal trainer business card
Do you fags even want to make money/connections?

I wake up 4 hours before my first class at uni.
30 minutes for eating oats
15 minute walk
90 minute workout
15 minute walk
15 minute shower (I don't actually take this long but I'd rather schedule too much time and not be in a hurry right after being exhausted)
30 minutes eat
15 min get ready
30 min commute

I mean you don't need to watch it in one sitting. I don't own a TV or watch TV shows anymore because I personally prefer books or youtube but you should be able to make time for 80 hours of entertainment in 6 months or a year or whatever. Going to the gym doesn't mean your entire day is dedicated to it.

Stomach ache. Not going.

>binging on sweets earlier in the day
>. It's okay, going to work out later

>>im afraid of being judged
>THEN STOP LEAVING YOUR FUCKING HOUSE
I actually did this for like 3 years. I got groceries every 10 days or so and stayed inside the rest of the time.

Damn.

>Protein inflates you and makes you huge and bulbous but that passes away once you stop taking it

Fuck, normies are retarded. This came from a guy who plays sports 24/7 and looks like a teenager recovering from leukemia. Don't get me wrong, he's all muscles, but can barely deadlift 50kg.

p sure. Maybe I talked about the gym a lil bit more than I should've but a girl got involved and everything went to shit because she hated me

I'm guessing you live in a state that begins with an 'm'

this actually works
got big enough that even my brother acknowledged it so he started losing weight and cut his nerd hair
last weekend he even had a girl here over night
>tfw bullying your brother made him a little chad

Fuarrrrk, how much do I need to lift to get a qt butt cooking gf like that

Nigga it's the girl that has to do the lifting

also, genetics

I work twelve hour shifts 4pm-4am, so I generally hit the gym around 4:30am or so. Desk guy still surprises me when he says "Good morning".

Good for you, user. Quitting smoking is a shitshow, and it brightens my day knowing people pull it off.

every DAY god DAMNIT

>Be me, trying to help friend get into shape
>"I can do anything you can do, user"
>"Nah man, don't compete against me, compete against yourself."
>Can't do what I have worked up to for years immediately. Quits.
>mfw

Here's why I still don't go to gym:
> people will judge me / I might meet someone I know
> I will break something and/or injure myself
> my knee(s) hurt (they do and I don't want to damage the joints forever)
> I'd have to change my eating habits

you don't have to justify not going to the gym to us but you will be judged for your actions

Hey. Are you overweight?

>user we're doing a juice cleanse! Dr. Oz says it's healthy for you!
>What do you mean it's a scam? Your body needs antioxidants!
>I think I'd trust Dr. Oz a little more than you.

I'm judged all the time, but nobody really tells you what they think

no, but I am not far from that

So sick of hearing this shit from my mum and aunts. Especially when they get on the "You'll change your mind when you want children" train.

Being slightly overweight probably isn't helping your knees. Try and do some low impact cardio that won't hurt them like swimming or cycling

>I don't want to have big muscles!
>But I don't want to go to the gym, I'll have an anxiety attack
>Eating healthy is too expensive
>I can't lose weight, I'm genetically predisposed to be "curvy"
>My boyfriend thinks I look fine
>I do eat healthy, look at my acai bowl
>I don't need to go to the gym, I'm doing a three day tea-tox

>tea-tox

ya got me

>Googled tea-tox and discovered it was a thing.

Disappointment is overwhelming.

>M-Muh scoop broke

I work second shift and go to the gym after. One of those 24 hour places. Wake up at 11 am, get ready for the day/relax, work from 3 pm to 1130 pm, take about a half hour to hour at gym, get to bed by 3 am. I really think it just depends on how much sleep you get.

Man I remember being a kid all the way to HS that I could do a thousand push-ups/sit-ups/jumping jacks whatever but got bored after 100. Just gotta get back doing that.

I wish I was predisposed to be curvy ffs

I'm a fat man hitting the gym for the past month. Don't let this attitude get to you. No one sincerely gives a shit about you at the gym because they are focusing on themselves. If you are worried about breaking something try the machines for a few weeks until you are comfortable with free weights. The fact you are here means you have some interest in bettering yourself. You can do it.

I used to go to gym last summer and I remember how the people were looking at me.

>> people will judge me / I might meet someone I know
what? you think people judge you more at a gym working out than they do 24/7 when you're walking down the street?

actually yes, I do.. when I'm walking down the street, my head is full of other things and I barely aknowledge other's existence for the few seconds until they pass by, but if I were in a gym with the same people for some time, I would start thinking things about them

1 hour commute isn't that bad. For a standard 9-5:

>wake up 7:30
>leave at 8 for 9-5 job
>come home at ~6:30
>eat and do other stuff until 7:30
>30 minute commute
>1 hour workout
>come back home at 9:30
>spend 2 hours goofing off
>sleep for 8 hours

I mean, it's definitely a tight-ish schedule. But I've been doing it every other day for 10 months, now.