Maxing out

Any one know good warm up sets to do before going for a 1RM? Me and my friends are maxing tomorrow on bench, squat, and dead lift and I want to know what warm up sets are legit so I don't tire out.

Start with the bar and just do jumps in weight that feel comfortable.

Don't overthink your warm-ups unless you're pushing advanced+ weight.

You don't need to warmup when your 1 rep max is a warmup. Come back when you and your friends actually move daddy weight.

Nigga please my last month's max were
>295 bench
>285 squat
>345 dead lift
I think I can handle a little bit of weight dude

>but who was legs?

>claims to have these stats
>doesn't know what a proper warmup is
Nice e-stats. Next time try to make your squat and deadlift higher then your bench.

>bench more than squat

You better be at least 6'3 to justify that

how do your tiny legs even propel that upper body

For Squats / Deads I do the typical

135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5 then I go into the working sets pyramid-ing down in reps

for Bench I do

135x10
275x5

then I go up ~20 pounds for 1 reps until I feel I can't go higher.

335 bench.
495 dead
435 squat
230 OHP

But I'm fat. 5'10 255

One strategy I've had success with is to do a heavy single that's about 10% more than my max before attempting a 1RM. It really gets you pumped for your next set.

>weighing 100 pounds

my stats:
>125 squat
>300 bench
>400 bicep curl
>350 tricep curl
>365 wrist curl
>315 preacher curl
>95 deadlift

For bench I warm up with 180 pounds for a couple reps.

you cant do 10% more than your max you fucking retard

110% 1 rm. Wut.

you are wrong from every perspective

1. it's bait
2. if you don't test max and improve since last test, this is possible.
3. nothing personel, kid

But like doings a 300pd diddly for 100%rm and saying you can do 330 no prob for test purposes is kind of a bad idea

You're pretty close to my stats there. Just did 3x315 bench tonight so i think 335 is reasonable. 6'1" though. Right about 255.

Estimate your new 1 rep max (the weight you think you can go for and hit)
Set that was 100% and work it out from there.

OP, from personal experience I think what user posted is just too much, start from 50% and then onwards, the stuff before is gonna make you tired for the 1RM

All them (you)s, I'm jelly bro beans your bait was subtle yet so effective

Tbh I prefer to keep my warm ups at 3 reps max if maxing out that day because it helps me psychologically? I feel less exerted too.

So for bench my max is 170kg (374lbs)
So I'd do the bar x 5
60kg x 3
80kg x 2
100kg x 1
120kg x 1
140kg x 1
150kg x 1

170kg x 1

For squats (240kg max) I'd do 60 x 3, 100 x 3, 140 x 2, 180 x 1, 200 x 1, 220 x 1, 240 x 1

For deadlifts jump up weights more
Deadlift max before my injury was 290kg
So what I would do was 60kg x 5
100kg x 3
140kg x 1
180kg x 1
220kg x 1
240kg x 1
280kg x 1
290kg x 1
Deadlift depends a lot on my mentality on the day though, I could max out on bench fairly consistently (until I tear some shit) but deadlift I have (my max is now 220kg due to hamstring injury, having to do it like the first pull in oly weightlifting now with my oly shoes to get back into it properly) to ethier in be that mode or I wont get it, so I may not even feel like doing 140kg that day because it just feels too heavy. Idk I think its also because I have had injuries and am scared.

With Bench it may be a good idea to add some clapping push ups somewhere in the mix and some lat pulldowns that are relatively light for reps of 5
Just seems to help a bit

For squats, jump high
For deadlifts just get in that psych

Is there a point in attempting max, or is it just ego? I've been training with lower weight in sets of 8-10.

Stronger = bigger
Stronger = able to lift more at lower weights for more reps
Stronger = more effective transfer for many things

Max out, just don't go above and beyond your capabilities.

Yeah me and. Y friends are trying to get into the 1000lb club at my gym. I know every one is giving me shit for my low squat and dead lift and that's because I never trained them before. I always would do leg press/extension/curls on leg day cause squats scared me, and dead lift never interested me before. Now I love them