/mag/

This was a real comfy helpful thread last time so lets do t again

/martialartsgeneral/

What's your poison? How long? Pro, Ams, just for fitness?
Looking to get into a combat sport/martial art?
Got your bells rung today? Shit I know I did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8_zWBQXZj4
youtube.com/watch?v=D4Vg-US5JX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Second BJJ lesson
>Rolled for first time
>Threw up in parking lot afterwords

Help me, Veeky Forums

Welcome to the club. If you haven't thrown up at least once your trainers aren't pushing you hard enough.

Just glad I'm not the only one

I have been strongly considering getting into a sport.

What do you think is the most enjoyable striking sport?

What do you think is the most enjoyable grappling sport?

I have always want to wrestle, but I am out of college now.

Its literally everyone user. The cardio in combat sports are intense and the sports themselves are intense. I miss throwing up tbqhwyf because now that I'm in okay shape and spar twice a week and get my bells rung I'd rather be vomiting from intense cardio.

Gotta work on my head movement.

Boxing is enjoyable and Muay Thai is as well.

Wrestling is the top tier grappling sport tho senpai.

Do you hope to compete?

BJJ and boxing (8 years BJJ, boxing less than a year)
I have a lot of experience competing in BJJ both gi and no gi. My intention now is to compete in MMA in 2017. Only problem is gyms in my area are expensive and the one that seemed to be the best around focused too much on grappling, something I already have good practice in, so I ditched that and went to a boxing gym instead.

THERE IS LITERALLY A BOARD FOR THIS

Half the threads on Veeky Forums belong on /r9k/ so why does a fitness related thread bother you so much?
Just hide it and go back to one of your feels thread, faggot.

are we talking about bjj or crossfit?

more like /wwe/

ITS FUCKING DEAD

ALSO
NATE WILL EAT CONNOR
HE WILL FUCKING EAT HIM

I was thinking about joining a boxing gym that's an hour bike ride away from me (currently no car). Is it as hard as everyone says? Just going for it to kick my ass and self defense

looking at getting into boxing, been lifting a while but still fairly weak and unfit

should i wait to get fitter before joining a boxing gym or just go right in?

and when i do go, what sort of stuff will i need to take?

pls help Veeky Forums

if its for self defence just buy a gun.
If its for sport then yes.

Then go revive it with your boring ass threads

When striking, look for gyms that train you for full contact. So boxing/kickboxing/muay thai. Savate and sanshou are top tier too but rather rare. Most gyms have a website, you can like make a background check of the trainers. If they have a good fighting score you'll have a decent trainer. I'd say the fun factor depends mostly on the gym. If the trainers are good, the people are motivated, nice and respectful, you're going to have a good time. You should really check out all the options you have. Trial trainings are free. Then choose.

>just buy a gun
yeah I'll just walk around with a gun

europe?

US

majore city?
Also why not pepper spray?

Just get in there. They'll get you into fighting shape before they actually have you fight.

If you get into Material Arts you HAVE to do Cardio.

Buy a hammer

It's great for self defense, don't listen to the numales saying

>I-I'll use muh gun

Here is a turkish boxer beating up 5 or so attackers:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8_zWBQXZj4

It'll be great

>why not pepper spray
Because the guy you're talking to is a retarded teen trying to be Clint Eastwood

In a real life there are many more situations where pepper spray, baton, or your fists are a better option

I was sarcastic when I said I'll walk around with a gun. Thanks for the vid, though. Probably will start next Monday.

he just dropped them rofl

Literally this, most people are COMPLETE retards at fighting so even as someone with 3-6 months of boxing and sparring under the belt you'll waste them

youtube.com/watch?v=D4Vg-US5JX0

Knocks their sparks out, watch the feet, the twist and turn he's a boxer alright... if you can combine it with some wrestling/Judo for ultimate "untouchable in streetfight" combo. Fuck, do some Muay Thai and light people up with elbows.

Fair play mate, train hard and enjoy yourself

Many years ago I had been trying out Aikido as part of High School sport activities.

I always want to train martial arts but I was damn lazy fat fuck until I get rid off extra 30 kg.

Today I had checked out the Muay Thai gym because they are offer free summer lessons and I decided to go there tomorrow trying it out.

Fack off

Anyone do Kendo? Is it fun?