1-2-3-4

Is 1/2/3/4 measured in 5x5, 3x5, or 1rm?

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1MiNuli-xVgGYEvYIP454gEsjlwYTY6dfv7Yg7bkqq4Q/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

5rm

10rm

1rm

Which is it?
That doesn't seem right. 1RM is too fucking easy.

50rm
dyel?

1rm is easily achievable in a year (6 months if you're dedicated) which doesn't really make it a huge goal. 5rm is what I always assumed it meant

1/2/3/4 IS easy.
That's why it's the FIRST milestone.

TFW 5'7 manlet so 1RM 1/2/3/4 puts me in the advanced category

That's the next? 2/3/4/5? The gap is staggering between 1/2/3/4 and 2/3/4/5.

martin garrix is DYEL music

There is none. Only losers care about some e-peen milestone.
1/2/3/4 is just a good way of telling how far along you are.

Here's the part where everyone says how easy 1/2/3/4 is despite the fact that it's rarely seen at most commercial gyms

Obviously 1rm. Only SS+Gomeme fags will care about 5rm

>despite the fact that it's rarely seen at most commercial gyms
Most people don't care about getting max gains or getting big.
Most commercial gyms are filled with women, fatties, skinny dyels, people with minimal lifting experience.

What do you really expect? Most people can do 1/2/3/4 if they actually tried. Point is, most people don't.

I thought 3/4/5/6 5x5 was the new minimum

That's because commercial gyms are shit.

5rm unless you are a weak little bitch

So how many of you actually can do 1/2/3/4 and aren't just spewing bullshit about "6 MONTHS ON SS AND ITS EASSSYYYY".

Please include bodyweight and any prior physical activity you had to liftinf

>OHP 3pl8
Is this even possible natty?

It's easy as long as you're not a skeleton starting SS. If you're a fatass 1/2/3/4 is achievable extremely quickly, no previous lifting experience.

I was a 5'8'' 120lbs skeleton starting SS with only distance running in highschool as prior physical activity.

Been lifting for a year and still haven't hit 1/2/3/4. This is fucking bullshit and I'm salty at fatasses who hit 1/2/3/4 in mere months

Don't be.
Fatty here. I lifted in high school and hit 1/2/3/4 quick. Let myself go after. Back in it now.

Going to hit 1/2/3/4 quick again, but guess what? My body will look like shit even if I lose 100lbs because of loose skin and stretchmarks.
You can slowly bulk and have god tier aesthetics. Who cares about some dumbass numbers? All that matters is how in shape you are, and how you look and feel about yourself. If you define yourself by some meme numbers you're never going to make it.

yep... only people who get results like that are fat asses. think about where you are... all fat ass neckbeards here. If you look around a commercial gym you will see that its 95% dyels who arent even doing proper routines. if you can do 1/2/3/4 for even 1rm and you arent fat you are doing great... especially if you have been doing hypertrophy

also wanna add there is a lot of estatting here and also dyels who have shit form here and in the real world

How would a natty with 1/2/3/4 lifts look like?

It's for reps, meaning 20+
at least that was my goal

Don't feel bad. Studies show 99% of people on Veeky Forums lift for less than 6 months and don't know shit about what they're talking about. Claiming you'll get to 1/2/3/4 in a year easy is what they actually believe even though they're nowhere near that because that's what keeps them motivated. Thinking they too will look shredded and be strong as fuark soon.
When in reality after a year they still look like shit and are nowhere near advanced levels of strength. So they give up, leave Veeky Forums which of course lets newbies continue to dominate this place and in fact almost all fitness communities.

Lifting is 100% about delusions. Trying to achieve something you'll never achieve. This is necessary. Because the moment you're happy with yourself you'll stop. The important thing is that you don't stop, no matter how many people online tell you how shit your lifts are.

10x10

That last paragraph tho. Man's right

4x8rm

If you're afraid of eating or bulking because you won't look pretty and fit into your cute dress anymore then enjoy being a skeleton who can't even reach the minimum of 1/2/3/4 ONE REP forever.

1/2/3/4 means literally nothing. If you're looking for a real strength standard, consider finding out your wilks score. I'd say hitting 300 is normie level strong, 350 is moderately strong, 400 is very strong, and 450+ and you're pretty much elite

Ohp : 92.5 kg
Bench : 135 kg
Squat : 170 kg (high bar olympic squat)
Deadlift : 200 kg (more like a clean pull)

I think my squat and ohp are more advance, but I train for olympic weightlifting so I guess it's normal

Pic related is me looking dyel but with a 92,5 ohp

I can do 1/2/3/4. Started lifting 2 years ago. Can't dead/squat atm due to injury. 85kg.

How do I calculate my Wilks score? I found an online calculator but I'm not into powerlifting and I don't know what to enter into the "weight lifted" box. Do I add up my 1RM for multiple compound lifts? Do I put in my 1RM for my highest lift? I'm confused.

do you have a picture of you in a relaxed position in from the front? I want to see how the delts and traps of a man who ohp's 92.5 look like. I'm at 50kg for 5 reps and mirin hard. want to be able to ohp my own bodyweight (70kg) though.

He didn't state his height or bodyweight so those stats he posted are worthless.

1m81, 82 kilos

Only have a back shot shirtless,
I wear a shirt on every recent pic from the front

So many people on fit are straight-up liars about their timeframes.

Please respond.

3 Month since I started lifting , 2 since I started following reals programs , i'm currently at 0.55/1.125/1.45/2.1.
One years ago I weighted 88 Kg at 1.72 , 3 month Ago I weighted around 61 Kg , I started lfiting when i went from Fat-Ass-Fatass to Weak skinifat boy .

O_o bro... even with a shirt on you look quite swole
btw you are french no ?

Yes I am

Because of the "aout" ?

Well, th-thanks user.. I've seen much bigger guys with a lighter OHP than me, that's why I'm saying this

My sides when that poll revealed like the vast majority of the people here haven't hit it yet.

Fix your grip. The bar should be above your forearms, not behind. Look at that moment arm between the bar and your wrist. You're gonna fuck your shit up at some point.

>Giving advices to someone able to strict press 10kg more than his bw

Yeah I know, the bar alwaiys end up behind me when I lock out, but if I don't do this I get bad habit that make it difficult to lock out my jerks and snatches

>Implying the amount of weight matters more than form
I could pick up 4pl8 deadlifting by rounding my back doesn't mean shit if I throw it out at some point.

Even at the beginning of the press, my wrist are not totally straights. I start in a rack position so I think that's why

Like the average male

n-no homo

Why would you post your ugly ass face in a cbt and hide it here? fag

au niveau de la difference de volume musculaire si tu te compare a un bodybuilder c'est normal que tu soit moins imposant :
ils travail en hytpertrophie du coup une partie de leur volume musculaire c'est juste du glycogene qui n'est pas contractile
si tu veut avoir se resultat travail a 80%rm sur 8-12reps

>docs.google.com/forms/d/1MiNuli-xVgGYEvYIP454gEsjlwYTY6dfv7Yg7bkqq4Q/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm
Note go down to male lifter questions to see a slice of Veeky Forums

Je te remercie, mais je ne veux pas le même résultat

Je fais mes compets d'haltero en -85 donc je peux au plus prendre 3 kilos, et c'est plus mon dos que je veux renforcer là, pltôt que mes épaules !

cunt

Lifting for 2 yrs, 210lbs 19 yrs old

175/295/425/515

Played football, lacrosse, wrestled in HS

A lot of people on Veeky Forums must be lying because i can't recall more than 4 people in my gym that have met the 1/2/3/4 standard...other than on bench.

Believe it or not, if you guys can reach 1/2/3/4 for reps you WILL be one of the strongest in a commercial gym, even though those stats aren't necessarily elite or anything.

You'll be a weak fuck in a PL gym though...

>rixels in pixel art

Took me a good 2 years due to alcohol and school being gainzgoblins

L O N D O N
O
N
O
N

assuming 1/2/3/4 is 1RM, what weights does that translate to in 5x5?

5RMs: 145lbs/230lbs/330lbs/350lbs.

I do a clean-style deadlift in lifters so I don't know if that translates well to a deadlift, but that's the best number I have.

5'8" 175-180lbs, been lifting almost a little over 2 years now, but I fucked around with bodyweight/dumbbells running track and field before I started Stronglifts in Sept. 2014.

Did SL for like a year with some middling/dicking off somewhere in between there (summer/internships/etc).

Stopped in fall 2015, did 5/3/1 BbB over the winter break into, say, February.

Tried to learn Olympic lifts using the 70s big transition program for a few months. A lot of dicking around there.

Started a TM style program sometime in May 2016.

Take ~90% of your ~1RM and that's your 5RM.

What you hit 5x5 really depends on rest, mind, energy, etc. but rule of thumb for intensity on TM is that you do 5x5 at 90% of your 5RM.

So I would say your 5x5 should be between 81-85% of your 1RM, maybe more depending on how you push yourself.

wait what? I used to OHP with fists above wrists until I saw an Alan Thrall vid that said specifically not to. Like, specifically said to have forearms in front of the bar. Now I don't know what to believe. Had to deload when I started doing that though.

Yeah, its a pretty vad standard. On top of that 4pl8 deadlift is harder than the other lifts by a lot. Im at 1.5, 2.25, 3, 3.25 and ive been lifting 2.5 years. I still have a deadlift stronger than 95% of my uni gym.

So that would make the bench around 185 lbs and the OHP around 110 lbs for 5x5? That seems a lot more attainable than I thought

It could be anywhere from 185 5x5 to 195 5x5, it's kind of a crapshoot, 1RM can be finnicky.

E.g. I consistently hit 205lbs 5x5 but struggled to hit 230lbs for 5RM until just this week.

If it were a 1RM, I imagine it would be even tougher. even though the capacity is there, executing the lift can have so many other variables involved.

But yeah, if you can hit 190-195lbs 5x5 with no problems, you will likely be able to hit 2pl8 for a single.

That's good to know. I never test my one rep maxes because I usually work out alone, and I don't particularly care to test them desu. (Is there another benefit of doing maxes?)

Anyway, all the tough talk on Veeky Forums has been eroding my motivation pretty bad, so it's good to get some perspective. My lifts still kinda suck, but I'm not as far behind as I thought

There is a benefit to heavy singles, doubles, and triples in the sense that they really allow you to focus on maximal strength and probably condition your nervous system as well or some shit, but I don't max out or do heavy singles/doubles/triples for anything but power movements and deads so I couldn't advocate for or against it.