Deadlift Bar

Does anyone else use this style of deadlift bar? I've been using this thing for months now and it feels very comfortable compared to a standard bar, yet I never hear any mention of them. Opinions? Thoughts?

They make for a very poor deadlift replacement in most cases (as the whole point of the bar is to make the lift more like a partial squat than a standard deadlift), which is why you don't tend to hear much about them.

Still have their uses but deadlift replacement isn't usually one of them.

what are they good for? I've only done deadlifts with it.

They were first developped for high school to limitate the number of injuries, because the back is not as loaded as with a straight bar

It's basically making the deadlift easier on the back and the grip

Great for shrugs and farmer walks

They make a decent accessory lift, can be a decent main lift if you don't need/can't do regular deadlifts, are the best bar for shrugs and (if you have a large enough bar) are pretty decent for farmers walks.

>limitate

Are you fucking serious...

POO IN LOO

Could I replace squats with this?

just curious how much have your deads gone up?

They are great for training the movement of the deadloft but are bad once you get to weights like 3pl8+. Thia is because they dont brace against your bidy like a normal bar does so you are way more lrone to a back injury. If you sway a little bit putting it down then welcome to snap city

Maybe. Depends on your build. For a lot of people the ROM is just too short/they start too far above parallel for it to really replace the squat and it becomes kind of a leg press replacement for getting in more quad work without too much stress on the lower back.

Which is basically how I use it.

I use the capture bar for accessory only after I've completed my main DL work for the day. I usually do supersets of 10 DL right into 10 shrugs. I also sometimes use it for shrugs on my OHP day to add some variety.

The one we have in our gym has a very aggressive grip texture, I can't stand doing farmer walks with them because it bites into your hands.

>limitate
You are a fucking idiot I just want to make sure you know that

I have one in my home gym. I haven't used it in awhile. Normie deadlifts are better.

I'm not biased because I'm a wealthyfag with every piece of equipment.

Bench and The Press

I have to use one in the gym at the hopsital where I work because some pansy fags on the third floor claim that free barbells are a liability.

All we have is one smith machine, so I stick to DBs and this thing. Routine is PPLxULx

I use one at home, I think it's great. It let's me lift a heavy weight from the floor, putting more stress on my quads while reducing the risk of lower back injury.

I do an A,B workout, A is trap bar deadlift, B is front squats.

You have to be careful not to over extend at the top position.

This I could actually see a use for

calm down, samefag

>Samefagging this hard