Stuck on the same bench press weight

been stuck at 50kg / 110lbs bench press for 5 weeks now.

I need to eat more, eat more protein, bench at higher frequency, add more dumbbell presses... anything else I've missed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AqJliZFaHp0
youtube.com/watch?v=pajVXxLpM8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That pic...

Wait..wait
I don't even.
HOW?

it looks like her tactically rolled off the bench knowing he was going to fail the next rep. That way the weight would land on the bench and him on the floor next to it.

This might be a bitch approach, but try incorporating some exercises that focus on individual muscle groups. That way you can strengthen everything up without the struggle and push past the plateau eventually.

I don't really know much about much because I'm new, but this is at least what I was told to do sort of. Just need to take a different approach to the same muscle groups.

Go to 95 next bench session
3 sets to failure

Then 100
3 or 4 sets to failure

Then 105
3 or 4 sets to failure

Then 110

Whats your reps/sets

hit tri's front delt and do flies with light weights high volume and slow negatives
also I can tell op is full of shit

I've seen the video. The bar managed to fall through the space between the safety and the uprights. Basically its a shitty bench.

deload for a week, then try again

Fellow poverty bencher reporting in. Benching three 3x a week definitely helped me loads, also doing some chest isolation exercises for dem chest gains, a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle after all. As for accessories which are helpful to you, it's highly personal, I did incline DB bench and other traditional bench accessories for a while and my bench did not improve whatsoever, so just experiment a bit to find out what works for you and what you like doing. Currently, I'm just doing dips and cable flyes on top of my normal bench volume and it has been going great.

>how much do you bench?
>4 bananas

Add more recovery time.
Try once a month some greasy fat food, recover a day or 2 with extra sleep and additional healthy fats.
The day of exercise eat oats or rye like a motherfucker.

Also try with less weight in order to perform more reps.
Calculate the overall work you do, not the weight you managed to lift.

bro, i'm doing exactly the same.

Are you OP? If so I don't know what else advice to give.

If not OP, cool, you doing madcow too?

do some paused military presses

2x per week 3-5 set of 3-6 reps

lol at ops pic

complete DYEL homo thinking he is strong

youtube.com/watch?v=AqJliZFaHp0

Move to dumbell press and dips. Come back to flat bench in a month and you will be putting up a plate.

Honestly at your point, you might not need to add a million different additional chest exercises.

Rather, fix your goddamn form, and bench more. You wanna get big bench press? FUCKING BENCH PRESS. I'm ducking cringing at everyone telling you to do different movements to improve your bench. FUCKING. BENCH. If youre stuck at 110lbs, you either aren't eating enough or have shit form or aren't benching enough.

Things to consider, other than adding random fucking chest accessories like all these other fuckers are saying:
1) Bench more. 2-3 times per week.
2) Do SLOW and CONTROLLED reps. Do NOT drop the bar on your chest or try to use momentum or bring it down fast. ALWAYS control the descent. Pause reps help amazingly with this.
3) Retract your goddamn scapulae. I cannot stress this enough. It helps immensely with getting tight.
4) Fix your motherfucking bar path. Pic related. Bar path is NOT a straight line while benching. You push TOWARDS your face. My bench was stuck at 155 for the longest time. Once I fixed my bar path, it started moving up again.
5) Learn to into leg drive. Google it.
6) Adjust your grip. I take a Rippetoe OHP-style grip and it feels a lot more stable and helps me push heavier weight. Try different grip widths until it feels comfy and strong.
7) Consider pause bench or Spoto press. Both force you to use good form and to stay tight.

Just fucking bench more, and bench well you fucking faggot

Also I forgot to add -

8) do 5x5 or 3x5 for bench. Progressive overload motherfucker, learn about it. Makes it much easier to progress in strength.
>b-but lowering the reps just makes it easier!
Yes it does, if you stay benching the same bitch weight forever. Keep adding weight to your 5x5 or 3x5 and before you know it you'll be up to 185

You're a beginer unless your bw is 50kg which I hope it isn't.
So that said just eat more, take care of your sleep and deload to 30-35kg.

The real question is, why the fuck would you bench 4 plates without a fucking spotter lmao

This is all fantastic advice

youtube.com/watch?v=pajVXxLpM8U

Deload 10% and slowly come back up. Fix form it's probably shit

Listen to him

Greg nuckols 28 free programs. Do the 3x beginner one for bench.

you don't need to add accessory work to a 110 lb bench press. Just bench twice a week 3 sets of 5 and eat.Drop the weight by 10 lbs if you fail two workouts to increase weight.

This, and eat well.

And how the fuck did it get under the safety bar?

Ive been stuck on bench since my cut started. And my ohp. And my curls. Only thing not stalling is my squats, my least give a fuck about exercise i do.

>Stalling on curls
???

Based advice.

>inb4 prostate stimulations 3 x 10 are the only way to consistently increase your bench.

Its called ER equipment for a reason.

STOP WEARING JEAN SHORTS