/Form check General/

Form check general: post your lifts!

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZNkJtffvu8
How does it look?
I know I lean forward too much, working on my mobility/flexibility.

Found out the other day that I was squatting wayy too deep (given my shitty mobility).

Video is me, it really feels like I'm quarter squatting but it looks decent depth-wise.
Also I have a much easier time recruiting my muscles since I dont lose all my tension at the bottom of the movement, where I used to let myself "fall" into the hole

Get into position before you go down. You're starting from almost a normal stand. Stick your ass out a little then up and down. Not stand up, then stick ass out as you go down. Also chest up like you said. You're squatting highbar, but ending closer to a low bar position. You're going full ROM, infact you're below parallel.

You mean start with my knees a little flexed as well? I usually do that but thought it may be wrong
I try to keep my chest up and elbows vertical as much as I can, but more than this I feel the bar slipping.
It must be my shoulder mobility, I have atrocious external rotation. that may be also the reason why I lean forward. i cant even overhead squat a stick
working on it

like this I mean, open hips, flexed glutes, semi flexed knees

push the bar into your traps, your arms are there to stabilize it, not passively hang on.

I know, they dont passively hang on. and I pull hard on the bar, activating my lats, so my traps are being squished alright

Squat 140kgx3.

I hit my previous 5rm of 130, and tried to see how many I could do with lmao 3pl8 since I was feeling good. Only managed 3 reps though.

looks good
how long lifting? program?
did you just squat to get those hamstrings? miring those milky calves

~2 years lifting. Started with SL, stopped after a short while as I needed to train for a different goal, started SS some months later. Once I finished SS, I bounced around a few different routines (Layne PHUL, GSLP) but eventually I went onto PPLPPLx and still on it. Still training my compound lifts for strength though using the same sets/reps as SS.

You were able to go on 6 days a week? no juice? I've been wondering about upping my days, it's been 6 months, but my progress is slow. I've not been efficient, like messing up my meal timing, not giving it my best.
I think I'll give SS another 3 months, maybe start going 4 days a week always and see how it goes
does GSLP work as an intermediate routine? 3/week? what accessories?
sorry I'm bored and curious

Don't stay on SS if you're not making progress. I kept on SL for longer then I should have. I kept deloading and working my way back up refusing to lower the reps or stop the program. Should have switched over to Madcow much sooner than I did.

GSLP is a beginner routine - stands for GreySkull Linear Progression. I kind of went onto that as I had almost ran SS's course to the end. Stick with SS until you're not making progress at the pace you should be - adding weight every workout. That's the point of a beginner routine, to increase your strength as quickly as possible. The SS guide tells you when to stop doing it.

Also, I tailored my routine to allow me to go as often as possible to the gym, as I love going. I'm not maxing out every time I go, like a beginner routine, so 6 days a week is fine for me.

Find out how much is the most you can do, and you can still recover from, and do that.

>squats 3pl8
>looks so skinny

What the fuck. Is it the angle of the camera? Are you 7 feet tall?

w-wait. are you supposed to squat below the point where you make a 90 degree angle with your legs?

yes. below parallel

3 plate isn't exactly a big squat, there's small teenage girls who do that.

that sucks, I thought I was repping 2.5pl8. wtf I hate squats now.

>tfw I squat 65kg
How the fuck do they do that?

They don't, is fucking with you (or is really that dumb)

Even if a 164lb teenage girl was considered small, a 1RM of 315 would be "near genetic potential" according to symmetric strength's strength standards. Comparing to other standards, that's pretty accurate

Nice, unracking with a split stance is retarded though

It's my calves that make me look skinny, they're only 15". I don't know if it's big, but my thighs are 23", before gym.

1. It takes you 17 seconds between unracking to your first rep. Every second under the bar is energy spent.
2. Rep 1 and 2 were perfect, the rest you know what's wrong

Can't see any problems

you have to flex glutes? shit. ive been lifting for almost 1.5 year and never did this at least consciously maybe theyre flexed themselves idk

Bitch squats breh. I recently learned I was doing them wrong also. Get low family

>Alan Thrall