Bad Gym Experiences

I am fucking livid, Veeky Forums

>be me
>buy something online
>card declines, try it again
>still nothing
>check my bank account
>suddenly find out there's a HUGE overdraft in my bank account, but that doesn't make sense because I've barely spent money lately
>look at the charges
>World Gym took over $315 out of my account in one day
>I signed up for like $10 a month
>what the fuck is this shit?

So tomorrow I'm gonna go find out what the fuck they did with my money.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Also bad gym experiences thread

No but gyms can be scummy. Good luck and fuck them.

>working in with random stranger on one of three benches
>we're both taking 4-5 minute rests
>at one point we both still have quite a bit of time left between our next sets
>I decide to strike up conversation instead of us staring at our phones for 4 minutes
>talk about how he just got back into lifting after a couple years break and how he's really into martial arts
>conversation flowing, when all of a sudden a chick comes up
>she asks if we're using the bench or just talking
>tell her we're using it but we're taking long rests
>the throws her hands up in the air, gets this disgusting look of pissed-offed-ness on her face, says "UGH" and walks away
>dude and I looked at each other like "what the fuck is her problem"
>dude finishes his sets then leaves
>chick got another bench by that time
>we both avoid eye contact
>if she had asked if she could work in then we both would have said yes
>I literally always let people work in for the exactly reason I spend lots of time standing around
>I make it a point to be nice to everybody because there's no reason to be assholes to stranger
>she just had to fucking be nice and no conflict would have ensued

Fuck man. Made me feel like I was at fault for being a fucking human being and being nice to a stranger who let me work in.

any reason you don't superset push/pull instead of resting that long?
How long are your workouts with 4-5 minute rests?

I only take 4-5 minutes rests for the main compounds (bench, squat, deadlift).

Was maxing out for 3x5 and really wanted to be fully rested for each set cause it was the heaviest I'd ever gone.

The other exercises don't take nearly as long rests

>4-5 minutes
Might as well go home and take a nap while you're at it

>4-5 minute rests
McFucking kill yourself

That's why I always let people work in

Because I know I take fucking ridiculously long rests

The girl in the story only had to ask to work in and I would have said "yeah go ahead I'm taking long rests anyways"

Whatever it takes to recover, god damn it.

Just call the bank and tell them that you didn't authorize that charge, depending on the bank they will just clear it or they are gonna tell you they are gonna open an investigation, either way they have to return the money to your account and cancel the overdraft fees. I've been there myself and I also used to work in a bank.

Fuck man why am I defending myself on an anonymous anime imageboard

Sometimes I let whole groups work in because I take these long rests.

I see no problem

>HUGE overdraft
>$315
fucking poorfags I swear

>Working in with a guy who lifts 5x you do
>Having to deload/reload weights every fucking few minutes
People don't have all the time in the fucking world. Some people lift before work.

>Taking 15-20 minutes to do one lift if you do warmups
Literally the worst kind of person. Some guy at my gym takes up the squat rack for 30 minutes. I don't have time to wait for your faggot ass and we don't lift the same amount.

kek

>Some guy at my gym takes up the squat rack for 30 minutes
>the squat rack
>the
I'm lmaoing at your life

woah there little guy don't take offense maybe someday you'll lift enough that you'll need to take a rest

>not asking if they mind switching the plates before you ask if they want to work in

>thinking 30 minutes is too long to finish a workout of high intensity squats with 300+ pounds
>implying you take less than 30 minutes to complete your squats
I bet you can't even squat 2pl8 lmao

Christ. I feel self conscious that I look like I'm just sitting around with 90 second rests.

I don't understand

Everytime I do romanian deadlifts with double overhand or hook grip some know it all comes and tells me all about mixed grip like theyre the only ones who know about it. Who the hell does mixed grip on a RDL, do these retards seriously think I'm doing conventional deadlifts? Sometimes I stand on a plate for that extra range of motion. Also people who use the outside pins to load a bar for deadlifts are the worst

Smart people use automatic transfers to their savings accounts and don't regularly have much in their checking accounts.

I rest for 1-2 minutes. I time it too.
If I'm too tired to do the same weight in 1-2 minutes, I'm doing too much weight.

Even the biggest guy in my gym doesn't spend 5 minutes between each fucking lift.

>Savings account
I hope you mean roth IRA or investments. Saving accounts are worthless.

>if I'm too tired to do the same weight in 1-2 minutes, I'm doing too much weight

lmao how's that working out for you little buddy? Having fun being stuck at a sub-200lb squat?

>Even the biggest guy in my gym doesn't spend 5 minutes between each fucking lift.
pro tip: there are no big guys in your gym, or they aren't going for pr's

It's working great. But I'm not going for big pretty numbers, I'm going for aesthetics. Which I've achieved.
The numbers are secondary at best. I don't want to be huge either way.

Yeah, poorfags

Yeah, once you save up enough to open an investment you can have those, but regular savings account help to control expenses. LRN 2 finance.

did you just sign up? most gyms have sign-up fees.

I basically keep my spending money in my savings account with only the minimum in my checking account; If I use my debit card I'll transfer more money from my savings to my checking.
You generally don't touch the money for retirement or investments

>do set of 185lbs for 8 reps
>wait 1-2 minutes
>do it again
>wait 1-2 minutes
>go for 3rd set
>couldn't finish last 2 reps for some godfucking reason
>"well shit, looks like I'm doing too much weight, gotta deload this heavy ass weight and be smart about lifting cause I'm a genius"
>move back down to 135lbs
>work way back up to 185lbs
>stall again
>repeat entire process indefinitely

>2 years later
>still stuck at 185lbs
>"hey Veeky Forums. Why the fuck do you people squat? Literally a shit lift that has no effect on life whatsoever. Ladies don't care about legs anyways. Who /benchmasterrace/ here?"

Sure, if you have no fucking self control. I keep a set amount in my savings account specifically for when I have big spendings like buying a car, new mattress, or some other dumb shit.

Otherwise it's worthless.

>You generally don't touch the money for retirement or investments
That's the point. You keep adding to it and never take out. Whats the point of a fucking savings account if you spend it all the time. Just keep it in your checking and learn self control, or put more in your investments.

post body

post legs

>the numbers are secondary at best. I don't want to be huge either way
Know how we know you're not serious about lifting?

Read the fine print, if you don't have the money in your account or it gets declined when they try to take that $10 they charge even more. My gym does that, it's $35 a month but if something goes wrong they charge that $35+$50. Nothing's gone wrong for me because I always have money in my account.

>Know how we know you're not serious about lifting?
Because I don't care about how large my numbers are? You're right, I'm not serious about lifting at all. I lift 3x a week and gradually go up in my lifts, sometimes stalling like during a cut. But I don't give a fuck how much I'm lifting as long as it's difficult and keeping me in shape. I've already made it, at this point I'm practically doing maintenance.

Ok. You have many cars and mattresses and you are rich, we get it. Be happy.

Post your body since youre so serious you angry manlet

I have one car and one mattress. But when I bought them I used the money in my savings as a down payment.

Or when I have unexpected costs (transmission fluid draining, brakes, dental, doctor, etc) I use the money in my savings first. That's what a savings should be for, unexpected costs.

lol what a scam. Americans are stupid

>Keep adding to it and never take it out
>Welp, I earned 5k, better hand it over to someone else and never use it

What's the point of investing if you never take it out?

>World Gym
Where you at, OP? There's a World Gym where I live (Northern VA) and the shit is $10/month with, I think, $17 to begin the membership. No long-term contracts; they pull $10 from my bank account directly every month.

Shit is tight.

sure

>I lift for aesthetics
Ok, then post your body
>I'm not serious about lifting at all

Are you retarded? You invest long term so you can use it later in life.

>But what about NOW
Learn to budget dumbass. I put away $10 a day towards investments and sometimes throw in lump sums based on big paychecks or money from holidays. If you're making minimum wage, put 5% of your paycheck away or something. Whatever extra you can afford to not take out next month.

Think about your future outside of getting big. Money gains are just as important.

>be me

>money gains

>He doesn't have gains outside of lifting
holy shit

>Not having lifting, money, knowledge, social, and various other types of gains
>Not bettering yourself in every field possible
>Focusing just on lifting

Enjoy being a poor retard with big muscles.

>saving accounts are worthless
>Just keep it in your checking
>I have one car and one mattress. But when I bought them I used the money in my savings as a down payment

Wow backpedal much?

3 strangers working in is just weird though

I've heard about World Gym cucking people out of their money like this. Specifically, 4 of my friends had pretty much the same thing happen, sign up for one plan and then the gym changes it because they never said they couldn't change it or some bullshit like that.

See
>I keep a set amount in my savings account specifically for when I have big spending

Otherwise, it's worthless. People putting money in to it just to take it out right away are retarded. Do you even context? The original user said they do automatic transfers to a savings account, which is worthless.

are you twelve? Of course money is important but you communicate like an autistic undergraduate.

> think I can train 7 days a week ez peasy
> every other day, full body strength routine, then cardio next day
> first week - get injured
> walk it of the next day
> second week - injury comes back
> still young, body feels great the next day
> third week - 3 different injuries pop up out of nowhere
Furk brags

Really wanted to go every day. Taking a 3 day rest for now. I'm sure I'll feel fine in the morning. But fuck this stuff.

How do you guys incorporate cardio? Just come 5 days a week?

Very constructive argument. You really showed me what your viewpoint was and what you were trying to prove with your post.

Shit story of my life

Brahs*

You'll know when you're older and actually making a living.

I'm mid twenties already in my career. I've been saving money and investing since my first job.
Whats the problem exactly? Nothing I said was wrong nor has anything to do with getting older/making more money.

If anything, the more money you make, the more important it is to invest.

that's it

I don't understand. That's exactly what I said.

go enjoy your mattress baby don't stress

Enjoy your dirt floor.

>he didn't know about the start up fee

LOL

He's laughing at you :^)

Swim, zero impact cardio

>squat 4pl
>shit myself

>huge overdraft
>300bux

What are you, poor?

unless you splash, then it's high impact and can destroy your joints

>working out in mom's garage
>curl day
>crank the bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells all the way up to 10.5
>a new pr
>it's gonna get crunchy
>blast out 40 reps
>drop the dumbells and prepare myself for my much needed 60 second rest
>biggest guy at the gym is eyeballing me
>he doesn't even rest this long
>tell dad I only have 30 seconds left to rest before my last set
>arms spaghetti
>go to finish up
>can't even move 10.5 once
>my atrophied biceps have gone into complete shock
>"better deload" I think to myself
>mfw

This guy gets it.
Also make sure you never stand up because then your entire body weight will be putting pressure on you and can destroy your joints.
And don't breathe because it actually moves your fucking rib cage and the stress can destroy your ribs

And dear god do not bend your elbows because your cartilage would get destroyed

These guys probably do endless high-rep sets to feel "muh burn". If you're going all-out you'll need that rest if you don't want to fail the next set.

>all these fucking weak shits who just have to catch their breath in between sets

World gym in glendale? Ive been thinking about joining for the 10 $ offer...

>World gym
Full of roided up douchebags. Why even go there in the first place?

>not just doing one mega set of 25 with your 5rep max

Might be because your gym only has one squatrack. I know that feel