Protein Flavors thread

I'm pretty fucking sick of getting proton flavors that suck dick. What are some flavors that actually taste good?

Leave reviews of the brand, flavor, and mixability.

Other urls found in this thread:

vitaminshoppe.com/p/optimum-nutrition-100-whey-gold-standard-cake-batter-5-lb-powder/op-2060#.V7Uw9jXEOM8
bulknutrients.com.au/products/whey-protein-concentrate.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I drink ones that taste like dutch chocolate. With milk it tastes like a delicious milkshake.

i like cookies and cream

chocolate orange, its the best in the world... trust me

Gold Standard has the best flavors

currently using Mocha Cappuccino

I'll start:

I've had a few MyProtein flavors as of recently. Most of them are decent, taste isn't great but doable.

>Strawberry Cream
This one was fucking disgusting in milk. Like nigh-undrinkable. In water it's alright. Very chemical flavor, definitely doesn't taste right. At-best I'd give it a 5/10. It mixed pretty well.

>Chocolate Caramel
No caramel flavor at all. Tastes of weak chocolate. Not unpleasant, but not great. Mixed well.

>Vanilla and Raspberry
Vaguely sweet. Can barely taste the vanilla or raspberry. Mixed pretty poorly, foamed up a shitload.

Which brands?

Syntha 6 cookies and cream is my favorite

this

also banana creme

ON Rocky Road. I actually sort of look forward to drinking it.

Hijab blood flavor. It's a little burnt but it mixes well.

vitaminshoppe.com/p/optimum-nutrition-100-whey-gold-standard-cake-batter-5-lb-powder/op-2060#.V7Uw9jXEOM8

You're welcome.

Pic related. It's cake batter.

Gold Standard's Cookies and Cream is great.

I've tried three brands of Cookies n Cream.
Honestly, favorite was Cellucor.
Second best is ON Gold Standard
Last one was Nutrakey Iso Optima, it was ehhh.

Syntha 6 Edge Chocolate is not bad either.

fuck, that's just about too much

I get flavored pb powder from myoatmeal.com. and mix it in, make my own flavors.

My fave, it's hard to find a decent vanilla you'd think it'd be easy

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is pretty good all around.

>Double Chocolate
Tastes chocolately. Not much to say. P good flavor and mixes great.

>Cookies and Cream
Fucking great. Mixes well.

>Salted Caramel
ehhh, this one is definitely stretching for a good flavor. Doesn't taste like it, just vaguely sweet. Mixes well.

I love the strawberry cream one.

HOW

IT'S SO BAD. It tastes like medicine

Vanilla is one of the most complex flavors in the world, ironically. recreating it is pretty tough.

ON's chocolate malt is GOAT. Tastes like what it's supposed to without being too sweet and it mixes great

I hate sweet flavors, what does unflavored taste like? Inb4 water

I like it too, big step up from chocolate peanut butter. shit was gross

are there any good strawberry flavors? All the ones I've tried taste awful.

Syntha-6 strawberry milkshake is pretty good

Anyone have a recommendation on a good flavor for adding whey to a fruit smoothie? I typically do a blend of frozen berries from Costco + grapes or apples or w/e I have on hand

I've always had a taste for strawberry flavored things. Ice cream, cakes, milkshakes, candy, etc. Since cutting sugar out of my diet, that strawberry protein in milk is like heaven to me.

banana creme fersure

Best I've ever had was myprotein vanilla

Taste was subtle and good, plus it mixes into a liquid better than anything else I've had. I think they have one that is tasteless, which could be useful

Hate to break it to you pal, but none of your generic run of the mill protein powder flavors taste good. The expensive ones taste alright I've heard.

I do too, but that's why I hated it. It tasted like pure chemicals.

CVS brand chocolate flavor is fucking delicious, but I heard it's full of metals and other nasty stuff. I got a tub of Gold Standard chocolate which doesn't taste awful but it's really not as tasty as the CVS brand.

Vanilla is GOAT.

I used to think unflavored was best, but vanilla is unflavored on steroids.

First ofly, ice is your friend. Use a blender and ice, because it makes everything delicious.

You know how a super delicious milkshake tastes like ass when it is melted? Ice is fucking magic.

So say you want some delicious chocolatey goodness.
2 scoop vanilla whey, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, a fuckton of psyllium husk, and as much ice as you can get away with without diluting the flavor or breaking your blender. Peanut butter and banana if bulking. Stevia if your bitch ass is cutting but wants sweets.

That shit is a chocolate goddamn milkshake without the milk, and macros as fuark.

Don't like chocolate? Chop up your favorite fruit, and freeze that shit, blend it with your scoops, and maybe some yogurt (i have found one brand of greek yogurt that has great macros and doesnt taste like goat crotch, but most brands make a shake taste worse)

I made a banana honeydew shake that literally tasted better than ice cream.
Fucking zero fat, zero added sugar, hella fucking fiber and protein.

You can also do a rippetoe and add it to diet soda. Vanilla goes good with most of them

Vanilla > unflavored > power gap > your favorite flavor > triple chocolate > salted caramel > whatever plebeian recommendations these other posters have said

ALWAYS get a chocolate flavor if you are unsure on what to get.

anything else is hit or miss for most brands, especially vanilla based flavors (french vanilla, cookies and cream, vanilla milkshake,etc.)

Just buy cocoa powder, you insufferable fool

Literally add a banana.

Fuark, how hard is this?

I've been enjoying ON's rocky road.

1.buy strawberries
2.add to your vanilla whey shake

Not enough flavor?
Add more

What bananas have 24g proton for 120 cals?

steroid flavor, because gaining mass with supplements are a complete lie to get us to buy shit. If you wan't protein and hate proton supps just get it from your food.

>one piece of fruit will fuck my macros up
Carbs are good too, user

These sugars are encased in fiber, so its for your health

Are you retarded? I add whey to GET protein not to AVOID carbs lmao

..no shit retard.

literally none of us think whey protein is any better than meat protein.

I mean it has slightly more bcaas, but you could just as well get that from greek yogurt

But buying whey is cheaper than buying meat

nigga what if i just want a banana flavored drink without the extra carbs?

Hence adding a banana to your whey shake, genius

>Vanilla > unflavored > power gap > your favorite flavor > triple chocolate > salted caramel > whatever plebeian recommendations these other posters have said

I just finished a tub o this shit, it was damn tasty

Stop being a bitch and do 100kcal of burpees post shake to turn those carbs into pure glycogen and muscle tissue.

Do you even broscience.

Fruit doesnt even count.
Just a tasty little snack.
Gotta confuse the macros, right babe?

Yeah buy two things instead of buying one, wow thanks for the hot tip

I'm almost done with my dogfood bag of ON plain Chocolate. it was good. not really special.
mixed poorly in milk. adequately in cold water. well in room temp water.
blender is still best way to go. cup of milk, lmao1scoop and a handful's worth of frozen berries or fresh if we had them on hand.
greek yogurt sometimes for dat dere smoothie thickness

If poorfag like me, 6 Star Vanilla Cream is the only cheap one that doesn't taste like shit. Almost too sweet, though.

also banana flavored things taste like extinct bananas not the ones we eat today DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT

Those old extinct bananas must've tasted like shit. Artificial banana flavoring is always disgusting without fail. Oddly enough, that same artificial flavoring, isoamyl acetate, is also naturally produced in beer fermented with certain German and Belgian yeast strains (hefeweizen, for instance) and taste fucking GOAT

>liking the flavors of banana
>not having bananas on hand
Sorry for triggering you, poorfag

Bananas are $0.20 each poorfag

Body fortress chocolate mixes like total shit, probably going to switch to banana or strawberry

How important is it to not get cheap shit? Am I goign to die? Will I not make gains?

Is getting one with carbs ok? 20g per serve alongside 24g protons. I do a lot of cardio, 1-2 hour bike rides, 5km runs and I figure I also need the carbs after I'm bonked

Wow am I the only person that takes unflavoured whey?

Star nutriton double rich chocolate is hands down the best I've had so far, tastes like proper choc milk, even when mixed with water

ON gold french vanilla
tastes fucking great with fruit and is pretty good plain with water/milk. tastes much better cold

Don't know where you're from but it costs almost 3 bucks for a (bushel/bundle?) of bananas here in Americunt.

they all taste like shit just chug and beef jerky

Since I need a new tub and i've finished both ONs double rich chocolate and strawberry, I've been thinking of getting a vanilla based flavour (or anything that is actual GOAT), who has the best and preferably somewhere I can get in Australia that doesn't cost out the ass?

This desu

bulknutrients.com.au/products/whey-protein-concentrate.html

I get a new flavour from this company as soon as I finish whatever one I'm on
I've had the vanilla, choc mint, salted caramel and honeycomb ones and they're all great
The vanilla one mixes well and tastes fuckin good

WPC is cheaper, $27 for 1kg + $7 shipping, and if you live in S.A or on the east coast then you're in luck because it'll arrive at your house in like 1-2 days even if it says 4-5 days

I order mine on a Sunday night and get it Tuesday morning

choc honeycomb sounds pretty good, how is it?

Tastes like a Crunchie bar, for real. I was shocked. I thought it was gonna be a disgusting flavour like a lot of protein powders, but it was actually pretty good senpai

There's also Venom protein. They're a reseller for bulk nutrients - not all the flavours are available but they're often cheaper because of their shipping costs.

Alright I'll have to order some thanks m8

It's a bunch of bananas

i have next to me atm:

>summer fruit
>chocolat brownie
>pineaple
>maple syrup
>rasbery
>unflavored

boƧthwith water:
>summer fruit
the taste is light enough, but still present, taste good, no sugar taste at all.

>rasbery
taste is okay, less good than summer fruit, but still good, light and not too sugared.

>pineapple
sugared af, taste too strong and chemical to me.

>maple syrup
even more suggared, made same amount of scoop as usual for same amount of water, and it tasted so suggared i couldnt drink it. disgusting.

>chocolat brownie
its alright with milk, i guess you could replace your chocolat powder for the morning with it if you wanted.
but the chocolat taste is strong and its good the first few times, but then you get sick of it pretty fast.

unflavored still have a little taste, i think you coult cut your other powder with it if you want to make the taste lighter.

I knew I was wrong with both but couldn't think of it.

Optimum Nutrition's cookies and cream, with milk it tastes like a nice milkshake. I hear their chocolate is good too, but I haven't tried it yet.

>tfw unflavored cuz poorfag
It tastes so fucking bad ,_,

gotta try the triple chocolate

Yeah it's a risk choosing something with a somewhat complex flavor.
My rankings are
>Chock Mint
>Choc peanut butter
>Cookies and cream
The smell and taste of the cookies and cream one is not nice

i like Delicious Strawberry, with ice cold water it tastes pretty refreshing, artificial as fuck, but not in a sickening way

>paying attention to a supplements falvour
> not going to make it

I want to try Rhubarb and Custard but they are so gonna fuck it up.

I think powders are like adding sugar or flavoring to porridge. You don't mix it all in together, you need a nice vein of flavor to have a taste of otherwise it's a waterdown vague flavor

eXtreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam Milk Chocolate my dudes
/thread

Boyfriends cum (tm) from my protein is good

should I get concentrate or isolate? Whats better? Google tells me they're more or less the same in effect

MyProtein fruity cereal. Doesn't sound great but it's legit as fuck.

Seconding this, Gold Standard banana creme tastes ridiculously good, especially when you add a tablespoon of peanut butter.

How2mix better? I use ON chocolate malt, and mix with about 2 cups of milk, stirring it up for a minute or so with a spoon, but it's still somewhat grainy to drink. Not really the worst tasting thing, but I wouldn't mind if it was smoother. Is there a better way to do this or am I just a retard?

Get some myprotein chocolate powder, by far the best powder I've ever had

If you're too lazy to use a blender (which is really not many extra steps btw so just do it) then crushed ice seems to help because of more jagged surface area for the powder to hit when stirring. Also if using many scoops, make your shake in "layers" for lack of a better word ie put in some powder, some crushed ice, some liquid, stir, repeat instead of all of the powder at once

or it mixes right into cereal and just thickens/flavors it

I've started using dymatize, it's actually pretty good, cheaper than gold standard, similar profile, much better tasting. I recommend the snickerdoodle flavor.

Banana

ESN Whey:
Double Chocolate - Not too sweet, not unnatural
Natural - Tastes like almost nothing, slightly reminds me of milk
Vanilla - Again, not too sweet.
10/10 mixability

myprotein latte flavour literally blows my mind

Does it taste even remotely like coffee? Please describe it. I only tried their chocolate mint and it's pretty good but I want a change.

>Flavorless Protein Isolate

When you start using it after heavy lift sessions, your body will start to crave the gritty, awful taste & it becomes great. My fave.

>4 scoops anything
>fiber rich cereal
>Microwave
Cement mix of protons
LOVE THE GRIT