ITT: Planet Veeky Forumsness

>Accidentally grunt while bench pressing
>NNNNNYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are these people afraid of grunting or falling weights?

Something about intimidating fatties.

>Leave without eating an entire pizza.
>Cops pick you up outside and you're never seen again

Is this real? I'm from eastern europe and cannot imagine a gym encourage this kind of policy. Whose business is it if I grunt?? Or if I drop weight? (assuming I drop it on floor that can deal with it).

That's because there is no other country in the world that's more cucked than the us. Nothing is more sacred than being PC and not hurting the feelings of fat people, gays, blacks and women

Gonna dump some PF pics

2/12

3/12

saving this to post on /int/

>this is a gym in murrica

4/12

5/12

Post a link

6/12

7/12

wait, what.

8/12

Britbong here. Do people actually go to this Planet Fitness place

9/12

desu to me grunting is fine but weights thrown about hurts my ears (sensitive hearing) and gets irritiating fast

TRIGGERED!!

10/12

11/12

Yes, it's the cheapest gym in most towns and nowhere near as bad as fit makes it out to be.

Fucking pansy ass faggot.

12/12

Yes, but mostly people who aren't serious. It's basically a permanent New Year

>protect fatties feelings
>by grouping them up in one area where it alarms whenever people try to laugh at them
PF is /dellvish/

13/13

>had to run this through a calculator just to be ABSOLUTELY SURE what I was reading

just wow

weak DYEL who grunts on bench press detected.
if you cant lift it while breathing normally its too heavy for you and you shouldn't be lifting it with that shitty form.kys

m-muririca

this is actually a great rowing back exercise

>implying whales won't eat entire box

?????

There's a reason it's called "Planet"

I see. Is the lunk alarm real though?

All that pizza and candy is genius, it's like an auto glass place salting the roads.

It fucking sucks because Planet Fitness is the only gym even relatively close to me that is open when I get off of work.

But from what I see in these threads mine is no where near as bad as these at least.

Yes it's real. The employees are the ones who sound it off, and in my 3 years going I've only heard it once. They sound it off if people are literally screaming and dropping 300 pound weights from above their head.

I was talking about the dropping weights part you fucking idiot.
When I'm hitting incline dumbbell press with 110lb dumbbells, I'm going to fucking DROP that weight when I'm done. You're a fucking DYEL who's probably never touched a weight heavier than 10lbs.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about, shut the fuck up.

Yes it is

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4

Lol you've clearly never heard of "pushing yourself. Anybody who's pushing real weight is bound to make a bit of noise. Shut the fuck up.

Dear god. That seems like it would be really off putting during your workout.

Nice headline

Go back to planet fitness u pussy

>dropping 49kg weights
>total bench is 98kg
how does it feel being DYEL?
i bet you're also fat so you got a complex.

PF's strategy is pure Machiavellian.

>Come here if you are fat, we won't judge
>Yes, yes, 5 pound DB exercises are great!
>Oh! A healthy person! Mock them with a lunk alarm to make the fatties feel better!
>Gotta keep the fatties coming
>Let's get them to exercise enough to burn 300 kcal
>Let's feed them 600 kcal

Fattie: "Gee, I'm up a pound this week, better go to PF and do 20 minutes on a bike."

"Wew, I deserve a treat for all that exercise!"

>PF: "Yes, yes you do, girl! Have a slice or three!"

You obviously don't know shit about lifting.

Jeez you're really fucking stupid aren't you?

PF is /tooamerican/
From their attitude to their pizza box under the table. This entire franchise is just too American in one business

I do to PF and I've only hard the alarm sound 3 separate times. Once when some fuckers kept screaming at each other, once when some stick princess of an employee didn't like that someone had loaded up the squat rack beyond her comfort (the alarm is right above it and the guy almost fucking ate the bar when she sounded it, could have killed the poor bastard) and once on a Friday when they were closing and people were still on the machines but the employees wanted to leave to suck some fine penis.

It's a good place of you ignore the dumbasses and focus on what you're there for. Plus there are alot of thicc women that want to "tone up" who are suckers for comments. Good place of you want to smash some high test jiggle.

>Not knowing difference between dumbbell press and bench press
>Not knowing what incline bench is
Fucking summerfags.

>One who grunts, drops weight, or judges.
>Or judges
>Proceed to judge people in the line beneath by what they're wearing/drinking

Doubleplusgood Planet Fitness. Don't think Veeky Forums thoughts or you'll get taken into minifatty by the lunk police.

Is there any actual consequence tied to the lunk alarm? It would be pretty funny if an advanced lifter signed up and just started slamming huge weights around to fuck with them.

And you're why the fucking weights are always broken. Learn to safely set down heavy weight candy ass.

Goddamn, why does ever planet fitness thread have to have people who actually go to planet fitness.

They judge people lifting huge weights and kettlebells but The Biggest Loser shows participants lifting huge weights, kettlebells and even crossfit ropes. Planet Cuck they should be called.

You get kicked out

>pansy ass faggot
Reddit please go

Seriously this.

I wish there was a PF in my town. I love out of shape women.

No, it just takes all the bad parts of being American and puts them all together

I must be retarded.
Is the 199 for 18 months for like the next membership up? I can't create a scenario in my head that would validate this advertisement.... I've even evaluated the pixels around the 1 on the #18 to be sure that it wasn't shooped....

I worked out at a Planet Fitness for about 3-4 months & had a good time. Never once heard the Lunk Alarm. It had it's fair share of douchebags. I think I saw free pizza once. It's not the place to get big, but you can get baby gains there.

If they had a McDonald's or Burger King inside, it would be Ultraamerican.

>wearing a tank top
>drinking water
What the actual fuck!? Wasn't planet fitness about accepting EVERYBODY? Why the fuck can't you wear what you want

That looks really fun actually

>11 dollars a month
heavybreathing.jpg

For anyone interested in the math.
7.1k persons averaged at every PF location at 10 U.S. a month.
71k dollars a month per establishment or 43.7mil total.
Pizza monday is 24 pizza boxes at discount price of only 5 dollars per box at 616 locations.
74k total cost.
4 workers per day (2 on weekend part time) at minimum wage at 616 locations.
719k (215k part time) 1 mil total rough estimate.

These people are marketing gurus.
Like I can't even hate beyond the fact they are shilling money for health, fuck it I'd do the same thing if I didn't care about humans.
Granted you have rent and other shit at some locations since they are franchised and not actually owned, but you are still talking millions of dollars monthly net profit.
For a fucking gym.

It's not about accepting everybody, it's about accepting the out of shape people who can spend a lot of money.

I racked the smith machine a bit harder than normal and they sounded the alarm.

Are you sure it wasnt the fag alarm for using the smith machine?

Bitch its a leg press not a printing press lmao

Yeah I'm pretty positive they sounded an autism alarm for you using the smith machine

lold

Maybe because ordinary people cant do math, yesterday cashier that was counting my items had to do 6x6 in her head and she said 47...

I don't understand the hate for planet fitness. There are MANY gyms for us to deadlift and grunt at. Those don't really courage lardasses and people with anxiety to work out. I think planet fitness is good place to start building some confidence for these people.

We all remember what it was like to go to the gym the first time. Some people feel even worse. Planet fitness gives them a really warm welcome. And some old people just don't want to hear noise and see people going wild with weights. Why can't you accept that there is one gym that is for different kind of people?

This coming from someone who would never take a step to planet fitness

>This coming from someone who would never take a step to planet fitness

For many it's the either the only or the most affordable gym in the area. Mull on dat nigga. Do you feel the sympathy growing?

>For many it's the either the only or the most affordable gym in the area

Excuses. If this really is a problem for someone, then suck it up and accept the rules. Its not a gym for people who want to get strong and muscular af. Even i get this.

We are sucking it up.

We don't flip shit over or complain to management. We go on the internet and make jokes about it.

And how can you be so un-bro and not feel the slightest sympathy for Veeky Forumsizens who are stuck with this shit?
I only had access to a PF for 2 years a couple of years ago, and I sucked it up real good.
I tip-toed around everyone, getting dirty looks cause I actually look like I lift (no singlet or anything) and even triggered the lunk alarm a couple of times for doing weighted pullups.

It really sucked having to be shamed by objectively inferior people for being somewhat proficient at doing whatever it is you should be doing at a gym.
Since PF was soaking up all the soccer moms and whatnot the only two other gyms in a 15 mile radius shut down, I was told. Glad I moved.

can you theoretically take like 3 boxes since it's judgment free?

Then the problem lies in your town, not PF. If your town only has one gym and it happends to be PF, you can't blame PF for that.

nobody is talking about dumbells, it's stuff like dropping a bar with 4+ plates while deadlifting.

>Excuses.

For what? Not buying a home gym?
If I either can't afford any other gym, or it's literally the only one to exist in a reasonable distance, how can you not sympathize with me?
All that expensive gym equipment just laying there, and no one's using it. Not even I can use it properly, even though I paid. I'm not allowed. Oh wow now an alarm is going off cause I let out a grunt putting up a sub-optimal PR on bench since I can't go HAM.

How can you NOT sympathize with that frustration, and indulge us to let us whine some on the internet?

Use a bus, car, bike or something

Didn't you read my post? The other two gyms in town couldn't compete with PFs prices, and lost most of their user base and had to close.

I can totally blame PF.

>waah, blame the consuumer then
Nah fuck that discussion. I spent 2 years at that place. They're fucking retards, trust me.

Don't know about other anons, but it was literally a full hour and half by car to the next gym over.

Tbh, I'm grateful I at least had something, but that's a small comfort when I actually tried following their rules yet still got shit stick'd all the time just cause I'm a big guy.

>falling weights?
i'm fine with grunting, heck if you arn't grunting you arn't trying hard enough, but if you are dropping weights, well that is shit, and a poorer workout, unless you are in a compitition

Kek

Coming off a deadlift a little hard is no big deal. But there are people that do shit like just completely let go of DBs when they're done with them, which is dangerous to themselves and anyone close.

Also once saw a guy doing bent over rows without even trying to slow the barbell down once he hit the top of each rep. Very loud, not good for equipment.

Thanks doc

this closing erly on the weekends thing is the worst.

holy shit its real

I always thought is a metaphor

BTW: If I was going to cancel my membership I would do the same thing as the guys in the video, grats for them

The PF buisiness model is rooted in the fact that 90+% of members will rarely show up, if ever

It's their duplicitous marketing scheme. Selling cheap gym memberships to overweight Jane and Joe who signed up in a fleeting moment of inspiration.
They use lunk alarms to shame gym regulars who would otherwise fill the gym to advantage of the discounted prices and destroy their business.
Some fatties have marginally more willpower than others. They stubbornly show up to the gym more than once a month. They feed these bagels, pizza, and chocolate to keep them down.
It's all to keep the cash flowing into a cheap gym that none of their members actually use.

Slowly lowering the weight in a Pendlay row is not recommended.

Honestly, as long as its controlled and not for posturing who gives a fuck if it's noisy.

i go to planet fitness, pay 10/mo, and once a year theres a $15-30 membership fee. its fuckin bullshit, but that offer probably includes that. but it seems like that saves you between 0 and 10 dollars

I'm confused, how is this opened 24hrs?

Upvoted