Fish oil = blood in the stool

Veeky Forums advice or insight please

i know at the end of the day i should be going to a doctor, but i feel fine other than what the subject is describing. its a good amount of blood. enough to make me start a thread at least. but its bright red and drips.

its happened twice in 2 days. but my problem is i cant pin down exactly what the cause would be at least from diet. the past week has been rough.

i saw some friends over the weekend and have been drinking a decent amount. i also had chili and tobasco for 4 days straight.

the interesting one and the one that makes most sense to me thus far is: fish oil. i only started taking it two days ago. the recommended amount on the bottle. and in 2 days i shit blood.

i did a little research and it came up with uncommon serious side effects and shitting blood was one of them as a result it thinning your blood. i imagine the rest of my diet hasn't helped either but can this really be the case? can i never take fish oil? im thinking of sticking to water, chicken, and broccoli for a while just to reset my system. and im avoiding the fish oil at least until i figure out wtf is wrong with me.

i just need some kind of insight, i know Veeky Forums takes supplements all the time. has this happened to anyone?

never happened to me...
try eating more fish. it should also do the job. or try fermented cod liver oil...

its just kind of scary. ive never actually shit blood before.

Blood in stool can happen once in a while. Most of the time it's nothing to worry about. It's too early to say that it's the fish oil.

yeah I get that but this seemed like a shocking amount to me. and yesterday it wasn't as bad but it was soaking the paper.

The good news is that it looks bright red, but I would definitely go see a doctor

damn thats a lot of blood. best go to the doctor obviously... never had that experience from fish oil in all the years i've been taking it. or from drinking and chili / tabasco.

how much fibre are you getting? if you have really dry and scratchy shits you can scrape the inside of your bum which causes bleeding and can take a while to heal given that shit is always scraping by it. take a couple of teaspoons of olive oil a day to lubricate your poos, see if that helps. good luck though lad

You probs just have hemorrhoids. Or there's a pink bottle of food coloring stuck in your ass

Sounds like you have hemorrhoids, I had a similar case where I was popping bright red blood, went to the doctor and he examined my asshole.
He told me it happens and that sometimes if they are big enough they'll get ripped by hard shit passing through.

Still had a camera shoved in my ass to check for cancer but nothing ever showed and honestly I've never had it happened again.

if the blood is bright red it is probably just anus irritations

if the blood is coffee ground like is when you should worry

fish oil can prevent clots from occuring as fast as they should so you maybe either

deficient in some form of vitamin K

or just a really shitty clotting mechanism and should avoid fishoil

im talking to my mom who works around nurses, but isn't one herself. she says that if my blood is thin from the fish oil and im constipated like in the pic, its probably tearing the lining of my rectum and the amount of bleeding is being exaggerated.

my problem with the doctor is im afraid to go and find out its some complicated issue thatll put me out for a while. im scheduled to enter police academy very soon and if i miss it im basically throwing away the next 25 years of my life. its not like i can just go into the next one. its really complicated.

i know im not being very reasonable but its just the situation im in and i was hoping someone could ease my mind. ill keep tabs on it.

While it could be just bleeding hemorrhoids, it's common to mistakenly associate bleeding to hemorrhoids while it's caused by rectum cancer, so while op shouldn't worry too much he should definitely go see a doctor, because colon cancer is a bitch

Spicy foods grow your hemorroids so probably you had one already that became massive because of tobasco and chili.

Have a hard shit and it can get ripped and make that stuff. Usually looks like a bright big drop of blood, so relax.

Still go see a doctor just in case you are about to shit yourself inside out.

If it's really colon cancer you really really want it diagnosed as soon as possible, trust me. Dont be retarded user

i try to get enough fiber and my shits in general are usually really smooth and easy. but as i said this past week was nonsense on my digestive system so im hoping its just everything at once. the scraping you are referring to is exactly what my mom said so thanks for that.

this is likely too. i feel like im the kind of person to have these.

i had a colonoscopy maybe a year or two ago? super recent because i had bacterial colitis. he said i looked very healthy but i imagine hemorrhoids can pop up quickly?

bright red like the pic. and only dripped in that instance. the first time it just showed on the paper but in a good amount.

thanks for all the replies guys. if anything its easing my mind that im probably fine.

oh ok this would make perfect sense. seriously when i say ive eaten chili for 4 days, i mean ive eaten like 2-3 bowls a day for 4 days straight with enough tobasco on top. i also use it on my eggs.

was going to anyway but ill stop with the hot sauce too.

yeah i know. i guess im just retarded enough to risk 12 weeks and roll the dice when im done. but really im just hoping it doesnt last that long. basically im hoping it stops before i even get there.

Good luck user!

thanks man

Usually colon cancer is characterised by rectal bledding but, importantly, the blood is always dark. If it's bright red then your mom is at least half right and you are tearing the epithelial lining of your anus/lower intestine which you shouldn't be all that worried about.

If you are overweight then this isn't surprising in the slightest.

bro i shit like that from time to time, it will go away and come back. go to doctor or not. I have not gone to the doctor and it only happens like 2 or 3 times a year

I'm not overweight. but thanks for the reply. big help.

ok good. some anecdotal evidence to put my mind and ease. thanks bro, very much appreciated.

Sounds like anal fissure. Quite common. Your fine. Drink lots ofor water, make ur poop as soft as possible over the next couple days so it heals.

I never understand why people buy cheap chink supplements.