If you had to choose 2 exercises per major muscle group and make a routine, what would it look like?

if you had to choose 2 exercises per major muscle group and make a routine, what would it look like?

SS + chin-ups

why would I limit myself to 2 exercises per major muscle group

do I look like I still do Starting Strength

>if you had to

it's a hypothetical question you goddamn autist

>2 per major group

that's a lot of room to work with.

squat + split squat or lunge

dl + hip thrust

chinups + pendlay rows

bench + dips

ohp + high pulls

Deadlift and chin ups for back

Squats and RDL for legs

Bench and OHP for chest/tris/delts

>deadlift
>back

educate yourself memeboi

Wow fuck that. You cant hit everything correctly with only 2. Ok well lets play.
Chest: Dumbell Press and Dips
Shoulder: OHP and dumbell raises
Back: Deadlift and pullup
Legs: Squats and weighted lunges
Abs: Crunches and Hanging Leg Raises
Ill do those and any slight variation of those so i can hit more areas. Is that cheating? Maybe.

>he didlys the same day he squats
never going to make it

>Deadlift for back
>Standing OHP for legs

>never going to make it
oh no!

Chest:
>Incline Barbell Bench Press
>Parallel Bar Dips

Back:
>Power Clean from Floor
>Chin-ups

Shoulders:
>Power Clean + Press from Floor
>Dumbbell Lateral Raises from a multitude of angles

Legs:
>High rep Front Squat
>Deep Lunges with Barbell

Biceps:
>High TUT Hammer Curls
>Reverse Curls

Triceps:
>French Press / Skullcrushers
>Full Extension Cable Rope Extensions

Abs:
>High TUT Decline Sit-ups
>Hanging Leg Raises (toes to bar)

M - Chest + Back
T - Off
W - Legs + Arms + Abs
T - Off
F - Shoulders + Back
S - Arms + Abs
S - Off

How is this a meme? Deadlifts do hit the back and traps.

is that you familia?
looks like you might have the tism

>Deadlifts do hit the back and traps
In the same way as standing OHP hits the legs

The only people who say deadlifts don't hit back are the dyels with a shit deadlift. Post your deadlift stats.

deadlifts hit your glutes and hams mostly, faggit

enjoy your no posterior chain and fucked up apt posture

Post your deadlift stats, faggot

idk my actual max m8
a bit over 200kg

The only people who say OHP don't hit legs are the dyels with a shit OHP. Post your OHP stats.

Bullshit you deadlift 200kg. I rep out at 210kg and I can definitely feel it in my traps/back as well as the legs.

No one said OHP hits legs you autist. Now post your deadlift you fuck.

>Power Cleans from floor
>Deep weighed lunges
>Chin-ups

>no posterior chain...
You wot mate?

Bullshit you rep out at 210 etc

i like dis one

wut? 2 is more than enough

legs: front squat + back squat
back: deadlifts + rows
chest: dips + incline dumbells
shoulders: the press + some raises or arnold press

>chinups
>posterior chain

Oh I am laffin. PCs are the only ones hitting it to any significant extent, and considering you can't really use much volume for them, it's going to lag. You also chose a lot of quad heavy shit, like front squats and lunges and even hanging leg rises to tighten up your hip flexors even more. Enjoy your apt m8.

>No one said OHP hits legs you autist. Now post your deadlift you fuck.
>autism: confirmed
You are stupid as fuck.
Traps and back work in deadlift only statically. The same way as legs in OHP. But that don't mean that deadlift is exercise for back even if the static load is big, because if you want to grow muscles you need to work them dynamically. And here is my analogy with standing OHP - legs, glutes and abs work in it statically holding your body straight. If the weight is big the load on this muscles is big but it doesn't mean that standing OHP is exercise for glutes, legs and abs.

>legs: front squat + back squat
>no single leg or split-squats
>in the world where every good coach says they are absolutely must have

It would look like shit.

waow edgy and unique answer!!!!! :D XD :D

Sheiko

>not understanding that the deeper the lunge the more the hamstrings and flutes are activated
>implying that the front squat causes zero glute and hamstring activation and you ONLY use the quads
>implying you can't just stretch to alleviate tight hip flexors
>implying you have been lifting for more than 8 months....

>The same way as legs in OHP.
But the stress isn't the same. The isometric work that your back does in a deadlift is bigger than the work your pectoral muscles get in bench press.

>because if you want to grow muscles you need to work them dynamically
Wrong again. You get huge deep back muscle gains from doing deadlifts and pulls.

Read about leverages. Its different in OHP where your back is straight up vs in deadlift where its near horizontal.

>Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Protein Shake

Your traps and back are responsible for a large part of the movement of a deadlift you fucking moron. You're literally using them to lift the fucking weight whereas in the OHP, you're using your abs, glutes and legs to stabilise yourself. Guess how i know you're dyel as fuck. Probably lied about your 200kg deadlift as well.

>expelliarmus!

It's about balance you mong. You put much more stress on your quads than on your pchain

>for a large part of the movement of a deadlift

t. under 3pl8 deadlifter

This will be a shit thread because a hypothetical two exercise per muscle group routine is too easy to make.

Make it interesting and say 1 exercise per muscle group. Or even 2-4 exercises total.

jesus fucking christ you're retarded the primary movers of the deadlift are the glutes and hams therefore they are the ones doing the work therefore they are considered a leg movement this isn't up for discussion you retarded autist

you deserve to be ridiculed for being so god damned retarded just fucking google it you mong

>Your traps and back are responsible for a large part of the movement of a deadlift you fucking moron
>this autism
>again
>lies about 210 for reps
>next
Your legs glutes and abs are responsible for a large part of the movement of OHP you fucking moron.

>Probably lied about your 200kg deadlift as well.
There is more people than me and you here, retard.

You're right about the fact that traps and back are responsible in the movement, but you are wrong about using them to lift the weight. Their work is ISOMETRIC. Hip extension is what makes the bar go up. So your glutes and hamstring do the HIP EXTENSION. Your quads are also doing knee extension.

You can only do dynamic work with your back if you let it round. otherwise your back muscles don't change their shape, they just keep your back vertical = isometric work. And this contraction doesn't move anything, it just keeps your back straight. Your hip extension brings your back angle more straight.

So you're a dyel bitch yourself too

-other user

>Your traps and back are responsible for a large part of the movement of a deadlift you fucking moron

this has to be bait

I never said that your glutes and hams aren't doing the prime movement, the hip extension. But there are other forms of muscle work too than concentric. Look up eccentric and isometric.

Are you saying that plank doesn't develope your core because its isometric movement? I

>Activated Flutes

yeh so interesting SS amirite xD

Well, my personal full body routine is:

A
Squat 3x5
Pullup or Lat Pulldown 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Farmer Walk
Lateral Raises

B
Deadlift 1x5
Seated Row 3x8
Dips 3x8
Farmer Walk
Lateral Raises

Mon. A
Wed. B
Fri. A

Mon. B
Wed.A
Fri. B

etc

nobody is arguing that other muslces don't work along with the glutes and hams of course other muscles are working along

the argument here is whether or not the deadlift is a leg or back exercise which it clearly is a leg exercise because most of the force generated is from the hip extension to produce the lift if you're using your back to do the deadlift then it's not a fucking deadlift it's a stiff leg deadlift it's a variation which works different muscles

did you reply without reading or something

squats deadlifts, rows chins, bench ohp,

I think you are assuming that i'm some other user. I only posted to this where i corrected the wrong claims.

And you're wrong about this too
>if you're using your back to do the deadlift then it's not a fucking deadlift it's a stiff leg deadlift

You're using hip extension in the stiff legged deadlift too, unless you round your back (you shouldn't). Also many people mean the same with romanian and stiff legged deadlift.

And stop being so aggressive, it only tells everyone that you're not sure about your knowledge so you have to act tough to make it more valuable.

Deadlift more than you cunt

>Traps and back are responsible for a large part of the movement of a deadlift
Where am I wrong though?

>Your legs glutes and abs are responsible for a large part of the movement of OHP you fucking moron.
Are you fucking doing a pushpress or an OHP? There's a difference between the two dipshit

So you're saying, there's no dynamic work being done at all in the back, not even in the lower back. Mind you our back is moving from an almost horizontal position. Might not know the full science of the movement but it doesn't mean I can't lift more than you faggots.

these people think that the traps are a tiny muscle that sit on top of your shoulders and their only purpose is shrugging

this thread is literally only me and you fag

>Might not know the full science of the movement

Here, finally admit it. Go educate yourself you colossal faggot and stop acting smug about your ignorance

legs glutes and abs are flexed during OHP to create more balance

> Mind you our back is moving from an almost horizontal position

It happens because of the hip extension. Your back is just conntected to your hips.

Heh, too bad I wasn't wrong though, the back still is responsible for a large part of the lift. Suck a dick you dyel fuck.

Yes I said that, but no matter how much balance you create, ultimately it's your delts/upper body that's going to get the weight above your head. Unless you cheat and do a push press.

I see. So referring back to the retards first post, how exactly doesn't isometric work NOT work the back effectively?

>So you're saying, there's no dynamic work being done at all in the back, not even in the lower back. Mind you our back is moving from an almost horizontal position.
>being that retarded

Don't see how a common misconception can be seen as retarded. How about posting your deadlift.

>how exactly doesn't isometric work NOT work the back effectively

It does work your back a lot, there's nothing to discuss about that

bench and bench for chest
bench and bench for shoulders
bench and bench for arms
bench and bench for legs
bench and bench for back
bench and bench for squats

This t b h f a m