Bench Bread - (Made it brahs)

135 lb 5"7' benching lmao2pl8. Webm related. Beat my PR immediately after with 230 bench. Appreciate all you faggots who gave me advice and inspiration to keep going without gear.

Post weight, height, and bench.

Pics and vid preferred for mirin purposes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9Lasam4AtjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not bad when you weight so little. But just start to eat more kiddo, and you'll be benching 3pl8.

post body pics senpai

n i c e form

kek

>thumbless grip

I would say kys but it seems you're well on your way.

why are your hips rising off the bench?

and If you're going for that arch you're going to need to keep that tightness in your lats and torso the whole duration of the lift

you're going to seriously injure yourself if you constantly shift your form around like that mid-lift

ass of the bench does not count

And Im not saying that to discourage you. Ass of the bench is cheating. Its not "arching". Your upper back and ass needs to be on the bench all the time.

Good you are going forward, but this way you are only going to injure yourself. Dont shoot for numbers you are not ready. You will become ready with time and PROPER form.

I fucking hate gripping it with my thumb. I've been benching thumbless ever since I started 6+ years ago, ik ik suicide grip meme, but honestly how tf do you go back to thumb grip after thumbless?

Don't know, didn't even notice it, mb it's just my lower back at a hard to see angle? Hips felt like they were on the bench the whole time.

Thanks for the arch advice, I'll keep that in mind and practice it for future lifts.

Ass most certainly didn't come off. It was lower back coming up I think like 652 said and shifting position. I'll watch it in the future.

187 lbs,
5'8"
1RM at 335 lbs last time I tried. Probably around 310-320 lbs now.

as said you're "cheating" by not keeping your lower body on the bench.

nice ROM though, keep it up man

>dat grip
pls no

Good shit user. Thanks for the first contribute, got any chest shots? Mirin the 1.79

ew no. Arching is a thing, arching is most definitely a thing. The only thing I really need to watch is exactly what said about shifting position.

arching is not getting your ass off the bench. Which could happened in that video, not sure.

My piece of advice for the op;
Dont increase the weight now. Instead decrease the arch.
Arching is a legit technique used to break records, not to develop strenght or mass.

Will keep that in mind. Thanks user.

arching is what keeps your shoulder blades tucked together and your rotator cuffs from blowing out.

If you are going to arch it stays the same the whole lift, just as solid as your back does when fully against the bench. You may have completed the lift, but honestly i would be more impressed if you did 200 flat back, paused touch, and under control (doubt you can do)

welp, there is a difference between a small "natural" arch and doing it on purpose

if you want to see what arching can do google "russian girl bench press", she has amazing back flexibility and can outbench most people here due to arching

also she is pretty cute so google it seriously

5'8, about 160-165 lbs.

I'm maxing out at 225x3 these days. Just started a job post college so I guess I'm happy that I can maintain with only an hour at the gym 5 times a week. Seems like I need to do some strength program to really break through this long plateau as opposed to my very slow linear progress

For something like that, I do bench lifts with my feet up on the bench. I think what I usually did under that form is like, 45's and 25's, so 185. I could try 205 flat back for you next chest day, user. Getting a lot of advice from people in this thread to reduce arch, so I think I'm gonna start doing more flat backed from now on.

Benched 132lbs today. I'm proud of it, even though it's laughable, because I'm a begginer and two months ago I could barely bench the damn bar. Making slow but steady progress. My goal is 200lbs (1RM) at least by this time next year, hopefully 220.

Good job user. You're benching pl8s, good for you. You got this shit bro, find a reliable spotter, push yourself, get that shit. You'll make it.

This is the best I got right now, about 2 months ago, in sitting at about 13%bf. I bench a lot more than most, but feel like my chest is still undefined, but hopefully it'll pop when I finally cut.

Thanks. Y-you too.

Mirin hard, user. Good shit. Have you ever been higher than 13%? I want to bulk, but I fucking love being otter mode and I don't want to lose the defined as fuck 6 pack. Sitting at around 8ish percent right now. Advice?

Fucking forgot to crop. Whatever. Good nuff.

8%.....

sick lats, man.

13% is the highest I've been, and it was honestly right at the end of my first cycle. If you're afraid of putting on the chunk, it's inevitable when you start bulking. But you can minimize it be really watching your macros and calorie intake. Even on cycle, I only went up to 13% from 11%. I try and minimize my carb intake on off days.

But I honestly wouldn't worry too much, it takes time to bulk, and you can always pull back and do mini cuts throughout a bulk

>8%

Yes? Got a body fat % and bmi index officially done for wrestling season and again when I was doing pankration in college. BF % looks really different on everyone and you should probably know that.

Appreciate the honesty, and still looks really good. I'll look into doing small bulks then, thanks.

Your pectorals will definitely pop once you cut.

Solid work so far brah

Thanks, my back is probably my most developed muscle group. Pull downs for days

Guys, I just got tested at 11 % bodyfat. Would you believe? Me neither. But tests never lie. Neither does humans.

But you probably already know that bodyfat looks really different on everyone. You can't judge, you shitlords.

dank meme friendo

wtf you look scary

I have been trying thumbless grip lately. That squeeze you get in your chest is amazing.

I managed to hit 515 one time.
Haven't tried again since, but 440 is as high as I'll go now.
5'11"

175 lbs here. 225 X 4. is my max. Havnt attempted more yet.

5'11"

This I need to see. Post those tits for me, user. Pls.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....bro...

Can't give out those mad stats, and not share a pic of the shelf!

this

Gg brah
6'2 3pl8 lmao

>6'0
>76k

80kg

>touch and go
>not paused
>ass off bench

fuck you

im so fucking retarded

>heigh 6'0
>weight 76kg

max bench 5x80kg

(beat my record today)

>6 years lifting
>2pl8 bench

Just did 405 5x2. 5x3 soon brehs.

he's 135lbs

Post pic/vid. Want to see some more badass fukkin oc in the thread like that instead of people whining like chicks.

It's ok user, people like are probably dyel fags who wont ever press 1.7x bw.

he lifts the butt after touching the chest, it's a sign of poor foot placement, not cheating. there was no obvious bounce, so he's not cheating, he just blatantly doesn't compete so doesn't need to learn to pause.

guys please choeck my deadlift form.
week 4 of SL . 40 kg.

am I doing anything wrong ? I am still learning the technique and reading SS.

youtu.be/9Lasam4AtjY

He probably expects that someone lifting would want to, well, exceed 135lbs. I quite enjoy exceeding that weight.

deadlifts are lifted off the floor, not off the wall.
really now this is basic stuff

sorry about that, it rotated when compressed it. what do you think ?

5'11, 156 in right photo
165 3x5
Starting to bulk again. Hoping to hit 205 3x5 by this time next year

Genetics are so fucking unfair. When does my chest get to look like that? When I can 5 rep 315 lbs?

>but honestly how tf do you go back to thumb grip after thumbless?

It's easy bro just get in the thumbless grip and then wrap your thumb around the bar so it is properly secure.

Maybe you should do like
other chest work

Rows, bench, incline and decline bench, free weight press, OHP, C&J. any other suggestions, user?

I train volume and hit incline dumbell press and flies after benching. In the left pic I barely put up 135 for 3x5. I didn't get much stronger though. I know lots of people who are strong as fuck but they don't look like they lift. In my opinion I think it has to do with training style as well. I do a volume day for chest, and then 3 sets of bench again when I do shoulders later in the week

Incline db press, incline flies, dips

You have more than 8% spilling over those shorts in your muffin top alone m8. Plz stop

cable flyes

Ty anons.

Look nice and close bb, it's shadow from a shitty res pic. Here's no. 2

ask someone to spot you when going for a 1rm you autist

No prob. You're lean enough to bulk. Just do a small surplus like 200 calories above maintenance. You'll stay lean and barely have to make an effort to cut the weight later on.

Welp. Now I have to count calories and actually find my maintenance, but fuck it, you convinced me. I'll try it, I promise.

Google calorie calculator and see what numbers you come up with. Track your weight for a week or even two if you need to to make sure you're staying the same weight. (Try and keep training and water intake the same) It may seem autistic to be so exact, but it simplifies everything

>77kg
>180cm
>130kg

Why did you stay at 135 lbs for all of these years? If I was 5'7'', I'd bulk up to minimum 150 lbs. Seems like an unnecessary way to hold back your gains

do you put your pinkies on the rings??

Nah, that'd be the only way I could honestly figure it out. Thank you, a lot. I've literally never "bulked" in the conventional sense which is why I've stayed this weight since I was literally 16, just never been as cut as I am today.

Girls like otter mode, dude. I've been fucking afraid of losing it all this time, so I work out like a mad man and am basically in perma cut besides when I go out with friends. As a result I have probably gone up only 10-20 lbs on my bench in the last two years.

No. Fuck no. What kind of autist does that shit?

>What kind of autist does that shit
have i been benching wrong this whole time, pls explain

Oh thought you meant pinkies on the ring finger. I'm sorry. No, user, I put my index on the rings of the bar.

No pause,
Ass off bench,
No benching 2 plate.

>130kg

im jelly. post body pl0x

the important question is: in what time?

stop it

i mean, i lifted for 3-4 months, was stuck on 70 kg for some time (stuck means not being able to do 3 sets of 8)
started roiding
can do one set of 90kg now

whats your routine?? brosplit?
mirin hard

forgot to say it's been 2 months

>165 3x5
that's lbs?

>pic related

5 day split senpai
Monday: Chest/Biceps

4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-15 reps
3 sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Chest Dips until failure
3 sets of Barbell Curls, 8-10 reps
3 sets of Preacher Curls, 8-10 reps, then drop the weight to half, and push out another 8
(Do bench press first)
Tuesday: Legs/Calves

4 sets of Squats 8-10 reps
3 sets of Leg Press 8-20 reps
3 sets of Leg Extensions till failure
3 sets of Leg Curls 8-15reps
Calves are self explanatory, just use some of the machines till failure, a lot of reps, feel the burn.

Wednesday: Back

3 sets of Lat Pulldowns 8-10 reps
4 sets of Deadlifts 8 reps
3 sets of long bar Rows 8-15reps
3 sets of barbell Rows 8-10 reps
3 sets of Hyperextensions 8-10 reps
(Deadlifts done first)
Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps

3 sets of bench , go for same weight and reps as Monday at least
4 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-15 reps
3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-15 reps
3 sets of front raises 8-15reps
3 sets of Lying Rear Delt Raises 8-10 reps
4 sets of Pulldowns 8-15reps
3 sets of Skullcrushers 8-15 reps
Saturday: Full Body (strength)

3 sets of Deadlifts 8 reps
3 sets of Squats 8 reps
3 sets of Leg extensions 10-15 reps (light weight)
I followed this while bulking. Focus on compounds and try to add 2 reps to each accessory exercise each session until you can do 15 reps with that weight. Next session, increase the weight and drop the reps back down to 8
Lower the volume if you're cutting. You might have to adjust the volume to what you can handle too if you're bulking. That's like the sweet spot for me
Lbs

damn nigga
i can bench more than you, but i look shittier

'Mirin pretty hard too but what's with those calves. Seems like they could use some work

benching is for fags anyway

no offense but benching 130kg with that body? idk

bully

Welcome to the club. What I've gotten from my thread is that I need to bulk, and focus on form and different chest exercises. Today's been a good day on Veeky Forums desu.

what are you implying?

This nigger weighs 77 kg and is benching 1.68x bw... That's like the same as OP. Post vid of you doing 1.7 bw bench or gtfo

i said i benched 80 kg? nothing impressive right?

This guy is unimpressed with 77 kg guy benching 130 kg? Or am I missing something? Are you either of these?

this is me

Format seemed to be weight, height, bench.

You said 77, 180, 130 which is very respectable, on tierish with op. You've got a good chest which is what anime posting user was saying. If you only bench 80, then yeah, that's a problem. If you bench 130, animu is just being a moron.

all i fucking implied was that i couldn't see that body bench 130kg