ITT: unweighted dips

>how many can you do consecutively?
About 30
>what is your dip routine like?
Dip pyramid.

I normally do dips at the end of my workouts and try to do a descending pyramid starting at 30. Each subsequent set is reduced by five till I get to ten. Sometimes I'm too tired to complete the pyramid so I do like 8 sets till I reach 100. I haven't tried seeing how many I can do fresh but I'll assume it's between 30-40.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YkaWXMmFpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've only done ten in a row. I'm gonna try your pyramid though that sounds fun. Might try it with pull ups and push ups too

Also have you done weighted dips? I my chest and tri's feel pumped as fuck when I do that

>weighted dips

>body weight workouts
>getting stronger/bigger

Pick one

I will do 20 as a warmup and then do two sets of weighted dips to failure. For weighted I usually go for 6-8 reps and I just got up to 70 lbs x 5 reps. I'm 5'11 and weigh 170

>do 10 unweighted dips for the first time
>do it for three sets for the first time
>5x5 app congratulates me and tells me to do weighted dips 5x3 next session
>dat pain in the middle of my chest the morning after
>can't turn over
>have to brace like I'm about to squat so I can do any kind of movement
IT WAS A GOOD PAIN

Nice dubs post pic

where do you put the weight for weighted dips? and what kind do you use?

nice trips satan

i usually place the fattest guy in the gym between my tighs and do the dips, but last time this fatty offered me a belt, and some weights.
shit was practical.

Am I supposed to feel it in my lats when I dip?
Because I do

2 reps. Whenever I feel like doing it.

Strength days I do 3 x 6 with 66lb chain / plates
Endurance (thanks military) its 3 x 18

I dont own a dip belt and don't feel like spending money on one right now. What I've done in the past is hold a dumbbell between my legs and pump out as many as I can. However this method is not as effective as the belt so I stopped doing it altogether. A few months back I did 8-10 reps of 4 or 5 sets using a 50lb dumbbell.

Yes, dips recruit lats tris, some shoulder, and chest.

Last time I did dips unweighted I did 20, that was on the top of a set of muscle ups though.

I think I can do 60-70 bw dips

I usually train 5x5 or 4x8 weigthed
5x5x100 max
4x8x80 max

Been training for 7 years now. 1m78 88 kg
youtube.com/watch?v=1YkaWXMmFpg

yeah those are ips, because you don't go Deep.

Kek
>Watching a guy doing dips +80kg
>Telling him he doesn't go deep even if he does

I've been warming up with 3 sets of ten supersetted with leg raises to warm up my core.

Op here- what do you think of Gironda dips. Are they worth doing? Like I said I don't have a dip belt and don't want to buy one, instead I would like to do harder dip variations.

>Never tried those
You know you can just use a rope and not a dip belt to add some weight ? I used a rope till I was able to dip +60 kgs and then the rope started to hurt my sides to much

I can bench 24kg (53lbs) dumbbells for 10 reps (I know, still dyel) but can't do a single dip

wtf brehs

how much do I need to bench until I can do dips?

How much do you weight ?

about 77kg (170lbs)

Weird, you should be able to do some...

Do négatives, till you nervous system understands what you are trying to do

It shouldn't take long

I'm

Dips are one of those exercises that no matter the form they just hurt, my left shoulder in this case, before quitting them I did 15 unweighted. Replaced them with decline bench press and the chest activation is real but without pain.

Used to have the same problem

I work several month before after my trainings and on days off to implement my shoulder health : mobility (internal/external rotation) and many exercices to cure muscular imbalances (rows, face pulls, rear delt flies, rotator cuff work...)

My shoulders are now very mobile and strong (92.5 kg ohp @ 82 bw, 80 kg weighted dips, 135 kg bench...)

>unweighted dips

Feels like the inside of my chest is gonna Fucking burst when I do dips and I'm constantly worried I'm gonna pull / tear something.

Is this unusual?

Those aren't trips, you retard.

Like the middle. Feels like I'm extremely stretched.

When I was 19 I was doing like 3x8 with 15kg and didn't experience this, now I'm 23 and getting back into fitness I'm experiencing this. I think its because I'm struggling to do 3x6 unweighted, maybe just need to do more total reps of the movement in genetal for it to fix.

Kek

It's normal for a dyel.

I cracked my sternum doing weighted dips and it has never healed after over a year. Drop dips while you still can

>Drop dips while you still can
>while you still can
If he cracks his sternum he will not be able to stop doing dips ever for all eternity.