Aches and Pains thread

Didn't see one in the catalog, so here you go.

Can someone help me out with this? I'm in serious pain after doing something when I was cycling about a month ago. I cycled for around 45 miles, something I had never done before, my longest being around 33, and afterwards, the inside of my right thigh was burning and I could barely lift it into the car or operate the gas pedal and break on the way home. It's now been 30 days since the injury. The pain is gone except when I lift my right leg up to my chest in a pedaling motion, where the pain will return in full within about 50 or 100 raises up to my chest with my leg, followed by knee pain on the kneecap. I went to see a sports medicine doctor, and they told me it was probably a result due to poor bike fit. That's all well and good, but the pain isn't going away. Did I sprain something, or tear it? How long is this going to take to heal? Did I do permanent damage? I can't really do the leg press machine with this intense pain, but could I still squat?

Please, someone help me. Pic related is where I feel the burning sensation. Doctor told me it was the adductor muscles

Yeah it's your hip flexor from sitting

On my bike seat? What do you suggest I do about the pain? Will it subside at some point?\ so I can bike again?

I've been doing stronglifts for about 3 weeks. About 2 months ago I had a small drunken scrap with a mate and fell heavily on my shoulder and it has been sore since though slowly going down.

I feel it when I raise my arm over my head, like a tightness around the arm just under the joint. It hurts after overhead presses and feels weak but all other lifts are fine.

Anyone know what this could be? I'm going to the doctor but the appointment is in 2 weeks. I'm really enjoying lifting and I'm terrified she's going to tell me I have to stop

Is the X or the Red stuff more indicative of where you feel the pain? That's a trigger point chart user, if you're into seeing a massage therapist(sports massage or myofascial/deep tissue) I'd recommend it. Show them a trigger point chart that shows accurately the red areas of your pain.

Regardless with that chart I'm gonna agree w your physical therapist, it should be your adductors that are your main problem but you've probably got something bothering your quadriceps group, namely rectus femoris because it attaches at the patella.

Possibly a Strain (overuse, perhaps your legs are too long and they splay out and you have to fight them to keep them in line w the pedals?) in the adductors and maybe a smallish sprain (tear) at/near the tendon dealing w your patella seems kinda likely.

Rest your shit until it's not "serious" pain. Just because you're resting doesn't mean do without exercise. Do stretches that involve those muscles, work out other areas that don't involve them too much. Chill on biking for a min.

not a doctor but I'm in massage school, so take what I say w a grain of salt.

rotator cuff

Wrist pain after curls with ez bar? Am I holding it incorrectly? Or am I just a wristlet?

Is it in your armpit? Only when you lift or whenever you put your arm above your head? Feel like you worked too hard for a lift recently?

I'll try to reply back in a timely manner, am kinda sleepy in bed but I think I know what might be up

About 1 week ago I got a sprained wrist due to wrist curls. I was wondering what can i do to keep on working out. So fair I've been doing leg day and chest but I can't do many things like push ups and some other back workouts.

Thanks, its whenever I raise my arm over my head, but worse after overhead pressing. It's not in the armpit but on the outside of my arm, feels like it's just below the socket in a band.

Does that kind of make sense?

When doing overhead tricep extensions my muscle felt like it was ripping off the bone near my elbow. Its got a red mark on the outside and slight pain but it is going down. Is this tricep tendinitis starting? is it safe to lift?

I took a day off and went today did back and bis and it felt fine. Just think I might have to take it easy on pressing movements and tricep work for a bit

more specifically, its your psoas. google kelly starrett psoas mobilization, and fix that shit. its exceedinly common in bikers, to the extent that he made a video specifically titled psoas for cyclists

where's the peepee

I think I've a shoulder tendonitis. I don't want to stop lifting but it's too painful to keep going

Could be a slight muscle tear if you experienced some bruising. Give it 10 days before gently trying those exercises again. Don't jump straight into your max weight. Test first.

Rotator cuff is easy to inflame. Google rotator cuff rehab work and take it easy on bench and OHP

Impingement from poor form.
Google how to resolve it, not the other user btw.

I'll look for that, thanks.

Don't push through btw. The longer you ignore it the longer it will take to heal.

Sprained tendons. Wear wrist wraps for a while while exercising til it goes away, and stop putting your wrists at funky angles during lifts

i have pain in that exact place for months now, its slowly healing.

after stretching my hip rotators a ton i could start walking with my feet straight forward.

i didnt expect the qonsequences though, i was now using muscles i had never used in my life before. so during a squat session is just felt the muscle suddenly click there. as if you pull you finger. had to stop squatting for 2 months and its almost gone now.

tl;tr pulled that spot in op's image during squat

OP can you raise your knee up towards your lats when the leg is rotated out? It sounds like an impingement problem and that extra length on the ride caused some severe damage to whatever part of the flexor/quad (can't remember its name) that gets impinged.

>doing The Press yesterday
>rage lifting
>do an extra set
>today left side of back hurts when I move my shoulder around
How fucked am I?

I have super intense forearm pain on the bottom of my forearm when I curl or do any type of bicep workouts. It's been like this ever since I started lifting.

I can remember when I was ~17 and lifting in high school that the pain got so bad at one point where I couldn't even lift suitcases into my car. I had stopped lifting for a while and eventually the pain died down and when I went back to lifting on and off and it came back mildly. I then took a 1 year break from lifting alltogether and now the pain is back again. Why is this and what can I do to stop this from happening?

don't go narrow grip, make sure you're grabbing the bar with basically straight forearms

don't bend your wrist inward while you're curling, your hand should be straight and neutral with your forearm

I fixed my squat form (I think) and I'm starting to feel it on the lower part of my asshole. Why is this happening?

when i do curls, my right elbow hurts like hell. so far i've just been dealing with it but i dont want it to develop into anything serious

are you keeping your upper arms vertical?

it's easy to move your elbows forward and cheat on curls

i do preacher curls so they tend to be pretty straight. im thinking of just taking a week or so off and seeing if that helps fix the pain

Didn't read the whole post, I have a problem in the area in the pic as well, look up psoas mobility brah. I got it from being a lard sitting at a desk every day. STRETCH SENPAI, STRETCH

Fugg why does my tailbone hurt?