What combat sport does actually work in RL and isnt based on memes? I'm not interested in tournaments...

What combat sport does actually work in RL and isnt based on memes? I'm not interested in tournaments, useless knife/pistol disarm movements that get you killed and "single style" sports like judo and boxing.

I'm 25 and studying/working so i cant spend 12 hours a day doing pull ups and punching frozen meat. MMA and Muay Thai seem to be actually useful.

Any other ideas / recommendations?

>inb4 greco-roman wrestling. pls no.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zI_d8WOD5gE
youtube.com/watch?v=X2qPMFijyks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, learning to swing a knife / shoot with a gun, or 800m sprint.

Boxing. It's the kind of sport that trains you for hittin hard and fast, and improves reflexes.

The best way of learning how to streetfight is streetfighting and not getting killed. Other than that a pipebomb will win any fight

>swing a knife

lolno

>shoot a gun
won't be available in most situations

>800m sprint
sensible advice

Why no greco-roman? You'll learn how to toss people like ragdolls. MMA, Muay Thai, boxing (like says). If you have to pick between Thai and boxing pick Thai, it'll include 80% of what pure boxing teaches you but also incorporates knees, elbows and takedowns so it's more "street fight friendly". Judo is also pretty good, but relies on a jacket afaik.

>What combat sport does actually work in RL and isnt based on memes?

Real answer: Pipebomb Fu, Guns and Blades Jitsu

Answer for people too cool to just pull a knife: Muay Thai and other forms of kickboxing. Just find a gym that stresses sparring and doesn't have a lot of rules. If you're not gonna learn wrasslin/BJJ you should at least get solid practice in with people who do so you know how to avoid getting taken down.

Boxing.

>people itt thinking "pulling a knife" will win them a streetfight

pls dont do this

Jiu Jitsu or wrestling. Ducking a punch is easy when someone throws it wild. Once you get ahold of the legs or wrist, the fight is ober. Most street fights and up on the ground anyway.
Me training with nate

The majority of mma and muay thai gyms are mcdojos that are PF tier and will get you killed like your knife disarms and shit.. They cater to numales and women. Get yourself in a boxing gym.

Also if you're a pussy, no amount of training will save your ass IRL.

If it's a guaranteed 1v1 fight, I agree. Otherwise boxing or Muay Thai.

You practice pulling out your knife till it's second nature and you'll scare hard motherfuckers easy. I don't care if you're an Arnis De Mano maestro, you're not gonna disarm a guy with a knife who's got adrenaline going through his veins and who's ready to give you the fucking sewing machine into your rib cage. If you lift, which, I fucking assume you do seeing where we are, it's dirt easy to grab a wrist, get his arm out the way, and then shoot a couple pokes into their sides.

There was a gif where this white dude stripped off all his clothes in a streetfight - butt naked, dick & balls swinging in the air and all - and his opponent lost interest in the fight and backed off immediately. In life-threathening situations like that it's really the best course of action to preserve your life. Nobody wants to deal with crazy. This is also even more effective with niggers cos of their homophobia and innate fear of male nakedness.

>and that cellie, is the story of how I got 15 years for attempted murder

been doing mma, krav maga, muai thai, kickboxing and boxing for years (you could go to any class you wanted if you were a member)

honestly, if you want to win in real fights, the key is to keep it simple. boxing is literally all you need. they teach you the basics and you master them. in real fights you wont want to bother to do any complicated backflip arm grip 360 sumo kick. you need to punch fast and hard, and avoid punches. thats excactly what they teach you

also them shoulder gainz

Boxing and anything that allows you go throw a person on concrete without you going down with them, like wrestling.
In a street fight, always assume they have buddies backing them up somewhere if you don't see anyone with him.
Don't use kicks in pretty much any street fight, if you lose balance or get your leg caught and go to the ground and there's more than 1, you're going to get your ass whooped.
Also the winner in every street fight is the survivor and the one isn't getting charged, so run the fuck away or diffuse the situation in my opinion.
There is nothing wrong with doing that to not bring harm to yourself or the guy(s) involved, It's just smart.
I wish you the best OP.

*teleports behind you*
*smacks the knife out of your hand and catches the handle mid air in bullet-time*
"It appears the tables have turned, my friend..." *smirks*

No muay thai will not include 80% of what boxing teaches.
Muay thai is shit when it comes to throwing a punch.

>no judo

why would you do this to yourself?

this
do what nate diaz does

lol you obviously havent been in many street fighta. if you end up on the ground, with out without your opponent, youre fucked. you never know how many people are ready to curb stomp your ass when youre down.

Verdict is in Opie, box.

Been in countless street fights and train with nate and nick on a daily. Currently 3-0. tell me more about experience

there's a difference between wanting some basic training to manage in fights and dedicating ones life on becoming intemidiate/pro at an otherwise less efficient sport.

anyone with a ton of experience in a spesific combat sport can win a fight against some drunk cunt who don't know shit. OP is asking for efficiensy and fucking fondling your opponent on the asphalt in the middle of bar street is does not qualify

Wrestling and especially jiu nitsu are still most effective. Weight is a big factor in a street fight. A choke is a choke at any weight, a punch not so much

man, I really wanna punch you in the throat just to prove a point

the only thing fondled is your education good god kid purchase a dictionary

Wrestling will get your head stomped. Don't listen to this retard.

Judo. You mean judo or any other art with throws.
Wrestling is tackle and get on top of them.

no it's not, you idiot. no matter how many manlet group photos you post. as others have pointed out, boxing and other hit and get away styles you may be able to grab one guy, but in a street fight you may be fighting more people. what the fuck are you going to do when you're humping some guys leg on the ground and someone else comes by and kicks you in the fucking teeth?

off course it's not going to go through your thick scull because you've been doing your shit closet fondling "combat sport" for so long that you can't comprehend other options

go out there and fight someone bigger than u and tell me whats gonna happen onece yout both dropp to the ground... Buncha keyboard warriors

we won't both drop to the ground because I've been boxing for 7 years and I would break his jaw before he's manage to even get in range to grab me.

something tells me it would never actually go down like that.

7 years of Punch-Out training? Damn son... I'm impressed.

My friends will kick his fucking head in. Or I'll stab him for getting so close to me.

sure, everyone has it all planned out once the adrenaline kicks in. Apart from that youve never been in an actual fight so your opinion is worthless. Mma math doesnt work

great argument. 10/10

>youve never been in an actual fight
didn't know you could read my life story from one anonymous post. you should invest in your psychic powers m8

why do you keep posting these pics? are these supposed to make you more credible? because you just look like a fat little beaner

it's not an argument retard, it's an opinion. You want an argument? you trained for 7 years to fight someone who stands in front of you and throws punches at you. You didn't train to stop someone from bullrushing you, spearing you, kicking your legs from under you and neutralizing you "range."

jiu jitsu and any striking sport involving the arms

let's be honest, you're against boxing because you're 5'3 and would never reach a guys face with your tiny t rex arms

kek

And you trained to duck dodge and get out of the way of punches in yours?
I'm sorry bro but you're fucking retarded.
A good boxer will fuck your shit up, and BJJ fags have objectively the worst take downs in modern martial arts.

>take downs
> in a street fight

No. Just no.

I love boxing, but it ridiculous to argue that jiu jitsu isnt the most efficient martial art. Theres no technique in a street fight on the feet and of your opponent has 30 lbs on you your punches arent gonna do shit. I seen 205ers getting choked out by lightweights. Stop acting like you know shit about actual fighting and how shit goes down. Delusional fucks

majority of street fights end up on the ground

>being this deluded
lol, ok. Come and fight me breh

youtube.com/watch?v=zI_d8WOD5gE

kek, eat shit m8

>a pipe bomb will win any fight

John Cena had already been beaten when the pipe bomb was dropped, senpai

>the majority of the fights I've seen in my high school end up on the ground

Ftfy.

>majority of street fights end up on the ground
no they're not, retard. its always a punch fight until someone is knocked out

You mean that statistic that's trotted out all of the time by BJJ fags?
The statistic that came from police takedowns?

In a fight between two people, the one who's good at standing and throwing punches will be the one standing while the one who isn't will be the one on the ground.
If two people can not fight worth a shit but they've seen too much MMA or wrasslin' they'll go to the ground.

Welcome to the reality of the situation.

>n*ggers

Go back to /pol/ you unwoke Virgin loser

no they're not, retard. its always a ground fight until someone is knocked out

see, we can both say things.

If you ever come to Miami and enjoy the nightlife, I dare you to get into a fight and try to take someone down. That would be the worst mistake you ever made in your life. You will get jumped so quickly and get your head stomped in.

Why the fuck would you intentionally throw yourself on the ground in a street fight with strangers? Oh I know why. Because you've never been in a street fight before. Your high school 1on1 fair fights do not count as street fights.

do you think this would actually work?

Why do all fucking MMA fags pose for pictures with their chins turned way up? Do they think it looks less manlet?

I mean if you're actually that retardedly clueless, then there's no hope. go watch some street fights on youtube because there's no point arguing when you refuse to let anything through your little manlet scull

>kiddo

He can beat Glass Joe ez

holy fuck the autism in this thread

Again with the fucking turned up chins

it does

kek

Mma fag is upset someone's calling him out on his bs bro science

The only autism is the autism you will develop once you took me down with your sweet bjj moves and my friends with 0 combat sport training started kicking your head to get you off me and we continued to kick your head in after.

Grappling is amazing for combat sports. Key word being sports. In a street fight? Fuck no. You might as well hang yourself. If anyone tries to grapple me in the street when I'm out around town with my friends I would feel extremely bad for them and would be concerned for their brain health. You never intentionally throw yourself on the floor in the street. And for 99% of human history in combat, going to the ground meant you were being trampled or stuck with a spear right afterward. Grappling is suicide in the street. Keep convincing yourself its not. You will regret it one day, unless you lack the brain capacity to regret afterward.

wow I bet everyone in your school is afraid of your edge

all edgy faggotry aside, you do have a point, never know who you're hugging and fondling on the ground. it's retarded to be touching your opponent at all, unless it's to knock them the fuck out and getting out of there

School? Nigga I'm a grown man. You ever heard of Florida State Prison? Or how about TGK? that's my school pussy boy. You wouldn't last a minute in my world with your mmgay and blowjob jiujitsu. Try me little nigga. You talk about street fighting and get ass hurt when someone tells you how that shit actually goes down.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Royce Gracie and others have demonstrated this. Tapping motherfuckers out that are like 100 lbs. heavier.

Judo (for submissions/restraint)
Fs Wrestling (for throws/takedowns)
Boxing (so you can punch people real hard)

>And you trained to duck dodge and get out of the way of punches in yours?
Not as efficiently as a boxer, but most grappling schools teach this. Never come across a boxing gym that teaches grappling defence.

>it worked in a sport. It must work outside the street.

You realise you can grapple standing up? If you've never been grappled before by someone who knows what they're doing, you won't have much control over your body movement, you'll end up on the ground, they'll still be standing.

You know you can still get jumped by 7 or 8 people standing up right?

If your stance is shit enough that you get throat punched, then you do deserve to get smashed. Breath is important

and how exactly is boxing going to help you in that situation? Your arguments are so retarded.

he's gonna one punch KO them as they approach him one by one, DUH

You knockout the first cat who gets close by catching him on the nose and run you fucking retard.

kek

>>

/thread

i do ninjutezu and kickboxezing

join the marines faggot

anything that doesn't include using a gun is outdated

Wrong, maybe 50 years ago but these days any Muay Thai trainer in the Western world has done extensive boxing training, and has probably competed in pure boxing. You won't get extremely advanced combos/dodging practice but, like I said, 80%

As a pro fighter seems like u need muay thai for kicking and clinch and sub defense

But in common street situation boxing with good foot work and td defense seems like would be optimal

Pankration is the only answer here.

Pank is an all arounder, mma, BJJ, muay thai, kick boxing, submission wrestling, and actual boxing. You're taught everything, boxing, take downs, guard positions, how not to get the shit out of you by someone who just uses ground and pound, escapes, how to break someone's ankle or arm quickly before they can do anything, how to choke someone out with a gui if they try to tackle you, how to do real take downs while watching for kicks or punches, and how not to get choked out while doing those take downs.

Best combat sport I've ever heard of or done by miles. Some pretty famous Bellator fighters actually trained with my coaches in Arizona, can't recommend enough, and Pankration just sounds better than any of the cookie cutter shit 99.99% of all people do anyways.

Op said he's trying to avoid memes.

>Do mma, bjj, muay thai, boxing, join the marines, or some gay karate equivalent
>Don't do the one combat sport that isn't actually a meme

Well memed, user.

If you have the opportunity to run, why are you punching anyone in the first place?

Just done what you find fun. Every martial arts school / style you check out will try and convince you that their method is the most or only effective method. Don't look for a school on the basis of style alone. Check out some of their top fighters and see if they impress you at all. If it's a karate school just make sure they fight regularly. You'd be surprised how many dont.

Seriously though if you're Veeky Forums and are semi decent at any martial art at all, you'll be fine in 99/100 1 on 1 fair street fights (which never happen btw).

Do what you like. As long as it isn't something totally hokey ninja turtles bull shit like Kung fu you'll be fine. Strictly considering effectiveness BJJ is pretty unarguably the best. But I like striking way more than grappling so I like TKD the most, although my black belt is in kenpo. Since you said muay thai I'd give TKD some serious consideration. I've tried both but TKD is much less rigid and more interesting imo

Its literally an ancient Greek meme

youtube.com/watch?v=X2qPMFijyks

Well that's a goddamned lie.

>Basic rules of don't bite, gouge someone's eyes out, and don't kick or punch someone in the nuts.
>Everything else goes
>Almost no one does it
>You probably just googled it 5 minutes ago because you didn't know wtf it was
>Meme

Do you even meme, user?

>almost no one does it

Because its a fucking meme from 3000+ years ago you retard.

Your fedora is on way to tight user.

You keep saying meme, I don't think you understand what that is.

Give me one reason why pank is less viable than anything else mentioned in this thread?

Twisted it off center a bit just for you, user.

Judo is grabbing shirts and changing rules to not get their ass kicked agaisnt wrestlers and bjj guys. Wrestling has a lot of throws.

Best, all these idiots in here.

>training in any "competitive" martial art is good

That is it.

But all in all. nothing is a better defense in a fight, than to just get butt naked. It doesn't matter what training you have. I doubt they'll fight well when your freeing willy during the match.