Lads

lads

I'm currently taking 22mg Zinc Percolate and 500mg of Magnesium Citrate in the hopes that it would do something to boost my test a bit

I had a look at ZMA on myprotein which contains 30mg Zinc and 450mg Magnesium which they recommend taking 3 times a day

I swear I remember being recommended 22mg of Zinc when I was researching what to buy, and made sure not to buy Zinc oxide

so have I fucked up? am I taking way too little or does ZMA contain Zinc and Magnesium compounds that don't absorb as well

I'd appreciate any help, ta x

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/review/country-life-zinc-picolinate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm taking the myprotein ZMA too since a year.
I'm not sure the stuff get's absorbed badly but my sleep is great when I take those.

I do not want to miss ZMA again

You cannot and will never raise your testosterone by any significant degree by doing anything other than taking testosterone. If that is your goal, you are wasting your money.

Don't buy vitamins and mineral from fitness supps companies or big pharma. They use the cheapest forms with the least bioavailability and put most of their money in advertisement instead of production.

LifeExtension, Thorne Research etc. are good.

the ones i've currently got are from NOW and Solgar

are these trustworthy?

But if levels are supressed you can get them to normal by taking adequate vitamins and minerals. ZMA and vit d should probably taken by every male.

NOW is okay, depends on individual product. Just look for the right forms of the mineral/vitamin on examine.com or wikipedia. In general: oxide and sulfate are bad in terms of bioavailability.

if you just want a pill to raise your test to above "normal" but sub trt levels you should look at Clomid.

It is often used in pct to get your natural test production back up to normal levels.

yeah I heard to avoid oxide which is why I went with Zinc percolate and Magnesium Citrate because I heard they absorb better

what I'm wondering is how much I should be taking

They do not recommend taking it 3 times a day, you take 3 pills once a day.

If you google "ZMA effects" you also get this:-

"Most successful ZMA products have 11 mg of vitamin B6, 450 mg of magnesium and 30 mg of zinc. Associated risks/scrutiny: ZMA supplements are usually all-natural and there are no known negative side effects. "However, more than 350 mg of magnesium through supplementation can result in diarrhea."

What benefits do you get from taking Vitamin D supplements over spending time outside in the sun (I work outside for about 6 hours a day) or going for a sunbed? (I go for a sunbed twice a week to try and even up my t-shirt tan lines".

Nobody knows whether or not increasing your testosterone within the natural threshold has any effects.

Steroids are effective as they bring you out of the natural threshold. However there is no significant evidence raising your test within the natural threshold does anything.

You're most likely wasting your money.

not him but
>live in the UK so no sunshine
>sunbeds = cancer

okay so you're taking it 3 times a day

does that then mean each singular pill contains only a third of that, so 10mg of zinc?

Yeah, on the back of the bottle it lists different servings for men and women, men are 3 women are 2 and the serving amount is 30mg and 20mg respectively.

>live in the UK but work outdoors

Might not be a lot of sunshine, but the natural light has Vitamin D and enough UV gets through to tan my exposed skin.

>sunbeds in moderation

okay cheers

you're lucky, I'm white as a sheet even though I'm always outside, need direct sunshine to tan

Just inject Testosterone, you'll like it brah;)

It's impossible to get enough vit d from sun exposure year round, unless you live right at the equator.

I have done quite a bit of research on zinc and tried different brands. Zinc just makes me feel enormously good (test boost is real) and here are my takeways.
1) Buy a high quality/more expensive brand of zinc. Labdoor.com can help you with that. Good quality brands do rigorous testing and don't shill you on quality.
2) My second point ties in to the first: good quality brands will take the thinking out of the equation for you. You'll read on line that this or this form of Zinc is better or worse absorbed and this is true, but better brands just put on the packaging how much zinc you will absord from taking one pill.
3) I take around 45 mg zinc / day and I love it. 50mg+/day is where nasty shit is supposed to kick in like copper depletion and other side effects, although some people take more and supplement extra copper.
4) I take zinc at least 1 hour after eating something. This is because some foods fuck with absorption
5) Never take zinc on an empty stomach because it will fuck you up.
6) What I personally do is taking breakfast, then halfway between breakfast and my lunch take a 22 mg pill. Then in the evening before I go to sleep (couple of hours after dinner) I take another one.
7) Zinc is awesome. Changed my life. After a couple of days of zinc supplementation you will notice a (huge) increase in energy, strength, mood. You'll also look the part, because zinc is godsend for your skin. Secondary male characteristics will become way more outspoken. For example i've never had a pluck of chest hair and after taking zinc there's hair sprouting around my nipples and on my chest. Beard comes way faster and fuller, you'll be more aggressive (in a good way), voice will drop. etc.
Ofc there are people that react differently or don't react at all, and the many shills on line that will spout 'placebo of peace' 'get it from nutrition' but best is to see for your self. These are my takeaways from 2 months+ of zinc supplementation. HTH

That's only true if your skin is dark.
Go back to /r/supplements with that hypochondria

It took a good month or so of consistently just wearing a t-shirt outside, but my forearms, neck and face are considerably darker than my chest and upper arms.

yeah since taking zinc my beard has become a lot fuller, and I'm only taking 22mg!

thanks for the help mate, I really appreciate it - i'll up my dosage to 44mg spread across 2 pills like you

Why would you want to test your bits?

To tie in to this (had too much characters last post), I can outline the benefits GOOD QUALITY zinc supplementation had for ME PERSONALLY. ymmv/I know it sounds unbelievable but it is what is for me.
1) Chest/nipple hair growth, beard comes faster, fuller and looks nice
2) Skin gets a nice, healthy glow, feels softer and is not as oily
3) I look leaner/more defined and I am way stronger (or at least, have more energy to lift) than when I don't supplement. For example on a normal day I can only pull-up with good form and full range of motion three times or so. Now while supplementing zinc i've done six times (after a couple of months of not doing that exercise)
4) Jaw seems more defined by the day
5) I feel really good, really energetic, really social, etc. Also more aggressive which feels great if you don't direct it unto people
6) Girls, man. They notice. I normally do quite well with girls already but zinc (and the implied test boost) just sends it to the roof. I have girls telling me I make them so horny, going on a 'break' with their boyfriend of three years to fuck me, way more receptive of advances etc...
7) You're horny as fuck, sex drive through the roof. Couple of weeks ago I came 8 times in the span of 12 hours. Also loads are huge and more white. If you do NoFap prepare to wear a life-jacket because your wet dreams will be WET.
All in all great fucking stuff, if you do NoFap it's just like peak NoFap all the time and even better

I've been interested in this

Do you have to take them forever? Or just one cycle?

>I'm currently taking 22mg Zinc Percolate and 500mg of Magnesium Citrate
So no B6..
>which they recommend taking 3 times a day
Are you retarded?
>I swear I remember being recommended 22mg of Zinc when I was researching what to buy, and made sure not to buy Zinc oxide
And you didn't even understand why, did you?

You are a retard.

don't cry mate, if I'm asking the question I clearly don't fully understand some stuff, least you could do is dry your eyes and give us a hand like others have in the thread

>Labdoor.com

Cheers for posting this

they recommend Garden of Life a bit, they seem good, as they use organic ingredients rather than shit used for bacteries

>22mg Zinc Percolate
They said 22mg zinc. 22mg of zinc percolate doesn't contain 22mg of elemental zinc, there is other stuff in it too.

Either way you're still getting enough zinc. You were most likely getting enough without supplementing it.

this Zinc Picolinate is 2nd on Labdoor for Zinc quality though

is it measuring actual zinc or zinc as Zinc Picolinate labdoor.com/review/country-life-zinc-picolinate

>22 mg Zinc

come on, double that

>six pullups

I was skeptical, but there you proved you just had shit t levels to begin with

Anyone noticed hair loss while on zinc?