Oh god what the literal fuck

oh god what the literal fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NqpICc5ikzA
youtube.com/watch?v=CJZooQFS89c
youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZZSpSSm68
youtu.be/CJZooQFS89c?t=4m58s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's why you MUST train biceps so you dont tear them.

If you're a retard who yanks the bar and flexes his biceps during a deadlift, then you deserve the tears you get.

All the monsters with surgery scars across their biceps have a variant of the same story to tell
>I was drunk/high/distracted/sleep deprived
>I lifted some moderate weight and it was so light I didn't actually think shit through
>turns out 300% of your 1RM barbell curl isn't a thing you want to hold on to with a single bent arm
>snapping noise, bruising, shit hurt like hell, surgery

Yep. But the risks are the same with any form of grip
>mixed-bicep risk
>hook-thumb nerve damage risk
>straps-various pulls caused because you can't bail the lift easily, e.g lats
And with just double overhand you won't get to a competitive deadlift anyway

>>hook-thumb nerve damage risk
wut

never heard this one before

Yes, mixed grip has the potential to do this if not done properly. It is safe with proper technique though. Is it worth the risk is up to you. Hook grip is an excellent, and probably better, alternative. Wrist straps aren't bad either but you should probably only use them unless your grip is actually preventing effective DL training. Using magnesium (chalk) goes without saying.

>crushing your thumb between your fingers and 500lb+ is perfectly safe
retard. It's unlikely to do anything too bad, but there's a reason you don't see huge deadlifts being hook gripped.

>Hook grip is an excellent, and probably better, alternative
Not really, the only advantage of hook grip is that it doesn't twist your pelvis slightly like mixed grip does. The other thing is that you can't hook grip an axle.

It's literally what oly lifters do all the time.

hook thumb reverse hook car door?

And those aren't 600lb+ deadlifts.

>When used in the deadlift, the hook grip has a number of advantages. Traditionally, men and women tend to use a "mixed" grip when working with heavy loads on the deadlift, that is, one hand being supine and the other prone. This mixed grip creates an imbalance of the shoulders, with one shoulder being externally rotated and the other internally rotated, respectively. This difference in rotation between the shoulders can create imbalances in the muscles of the back over time.

well, shit

And they all have nerve damage.

Injuries like that are part of the sport. These are highly competitive people risking heart failure, major injuries and even gaol to compete in their sport; a little nerve damage is nothing to them.

>there's a reason you don't see huge deadlifts being hook gripped
but you do, user.

Not really. Heaviest thing I've ever hook gripped was a 260kg farmer's walk before I realised hook gripping on farmers does fuck all. I've actually never seen anything heavier than 300kg being hook gripped.

>I've actually never seen anything heavier than 300kg being hook gripped
you don't see a lot of deadlifts then, I guess. you stupid fucking retard. I hope your mom dies. jesus christ I hate edgy arrogant piece of shit faggots like you so much please just tell me where you live so I can punch you in the face.

and I bet you didn't even do 260kg farmers walk since you're obviously full DYEL trappy tier. you know nothing.

oh wow you don't do it so no one else does

you fucking faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=NqpICc5ikzA

u are 1 fuking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol fukin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fukin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

youtube.com/watch?v=CJZooQFS89c

youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZZSpSSm68

that's one, you turbo fucking nonce
>he lifts more than me, he must be e-statting
kek

KEK

K E K

say that to me in person, not online, and see what happens. (one of us is definetly gonna get hurt if you do)

This thread is pure gold.

fairs, I'll admit more people did it than I thought
intradasting

>straps-various pulls caused because you can't bail the lift easily, e.g lat
who "bails" a deadlift? the bar just doesnt move off the floor

>that's one, you turbo fucking nonce
then some other guy posts like 4 other videos lmao you fucking weak e-statting niggerfaggot

Bob People's was also known to pull with a hook grip. He pulled 800 at 181.

you can feel something going mid-lift and just drop it, but with straps (especially figure 8s) you can't just drop the bar, you have to follow it down.

>not using regular overhand grip.
Get better grip strength, twinks. Maybe your boyfriends will start appreciating your sloppy handjobs as well.

I'm not even him you moron. Just pointing out your obvious autism. I am sorry if it triggers you.

my sticking point is right above the knees

>lmao you fucking weak e-statting niggerfaggot
why would I e-stat a mediocre farmer's walk? If I was going to e-stat I'd at least make it a good one, like a 700lb deadlift or something

fair enough.

I wish my gym had real farmer's walk bars. Instead I have to walk around with the trap bar like a shithead.

Oh well at least we have prowler.

George Leeman can deadlift 900ish lbs with hook grip. I'm not saying he's the rule rather than the exception, nor that he doesn't have pharmacological support, but it is a proof that it can be done, provided the habit of using hook grip is ingrained in the athlete.

you're not supposed to hook grip with farmers walks moron and george leeman hook gripped 410kg

you see now? I fucking TOLD you but you wouldnt BELIEVE it until you saw those stupid fucking videos. you could have just believed me you know? or maybe look up the evidence yourself? god damn I hate it when people don't even believe me even though I'm right. fucking idiot.

This lol. THE BIBLE is all you need.

>you're not supposed to hook grip with farmers walks moron
I know that now
I didn't then

fuck you OP I wasn't ready for that

I have a pull session this afternoon and now I'm spooky as hell

That's why you should only double overhand.

>:U

that's because you're a weak willed faggot who jus can't commit to anything. typical millenial behaviour. kys, my man.

>Implying you ever did a 260kg farmers walk
maybe you walked away from a 260kg cow when you were a farmer once because you were afraid the cow would rape your frail little body, you weak sister.

>THE BIBLE is all you need
it actually is. one day you will realize this. may it not be too late for you to repent then.

you're toxic and you're not going to make it ever.

I realized it three years ago you autistic fedora loser.

>I've never seen something therefore it doesn't exist

I bet you don't believe in god either, faggot

Why not do double under hand?

>christian
>fedora
you got your dank memes all mixed up, friend.

I almost started to learn something in this thread. Then a bunch of sperglords came in and went full turbo autistic. Can you guys not talk about something without arguing over the trivial Bullshit? It's like talking to a woman.

UHH sexist much?

Fuck figure 8 straps bought them cause I wanted to see how they worked. We're shit

Summer is almost over. Then when the exam periods start it'll all be fine again.

>I didn't then
intelligence

If you're doing deadlifts heavy enough to blow a bicep why wouldn't you be using double overhand grip or even straps if that grip is too weak for you?

because it's a stronger grip. The logic is, you won't be able to deadlift the same weight double overhand and since you want to go as heavy as possible, you risk blowing your bicep to reach your goal.

Benedikt Magnusson begs to differ

Tf u talking about

That dude is about to clean 529 lbs and you think a 600 lbs deadlift is harder on your grip? LOLOLOLOLOL You're retard. Confirmed for not deadlifting or cleaning anything even remotely heavy. Also nice moving goalpost as the original post was about 500lbs deadlifts.

Low tier bait. Doesn't even deserve pic.

>pharmacological support
I like this euphemism and will blatantly copy it in the future.

>500lbs+ is bad for your thumbs
>hey user here is a guy cleaning the bar with 500lbs+
>yeah but its not 600lbs+

>creates an imbalance of the shoulders

Allegedly

I don't understand...

It is bad for your thumbs. Just because people do it doesn't mean it's good for your thumbs.

>using your arms in a deadlift
Congrats on doing a lift wrong

I was pointing out how you moved up the weight randomly
I wasn't saying its healthy it probably does give you nerve damage but deadlifting 500-600lbs probably isn't great in the long run either

youtu.be/CJZooQFS89c?t=4m58s

>being this sexist
fuck off, shitlord

That was a different bloke, I was the first person you replied to

>curling 120+kg per hand

Prove it you fucking cuck

man that illustration is aesthetic as fuck

mirin

>not curling lmao3pl8 per hand
DYEL?

There seems to be some agenda against deadlifts recently. Must be the experienced lifters/chads trying to stop DYELs getting gains.

Good form and proper rest and warming up = good sets.

This has happened to me

Serious ragrets about deadlifting as a noob now with mixed grip