Quick question

Is it bad to do strength training if I can't afford protein powder and can't get enough protein from food alone to cover my daily consumption?

I'm a little bit overweight and I'm trying to lose weight while also gaining some strength.

Would it be best to just do cardio right now for weight loss and skip the strength training? I'm thinking I might do serious damage to myself if I keep lifting without protein.

Will bump your thread because I'm interested in this too

Still do the strength training. Get as much protein as you can and don't worry about hitting a certain number.

I'm living with my parents and the food I they make is pretty random.

It can be anything from fish, chicken, spaghetti, pasta, tacos, rice with beans, pizza, salads, soups.

Aside from fish and chicken I rarely get any protein. There are times when I go almost a week or two without any real sort of protein to having a good source of it 3-4 days in a row.

How would it not do serious damage to my muscles if I lift and get so little protein that it can't repair the damage done?

Can't you afford buying like a jug of protein like once a month for like $25? How fuckin old are you? Lul

Wallgreen's has that Six Star Whey with creatine for $20 if you have a Wallgreen's card.

Probably not the best shit, but better than nothing if you get that little protons.

Or buy unsalted peanuts for like $0.50 a pound.

I'm 21, unemployed and have literally no money. All I have is a gym membership.

Get a fucking part time job. What are you doing lad.

I have a store called winco near me
They sell things in bulk
I get the weigh protein and put the flower code on it
Sweet gains for 30 cents a pound

I've been sending applications to various places all month every single day. I'm trying.

Thanks, but I'm in Norway.

Apply online peasant. Fuck going around to places. Ask your mom to lend you money until then?

I have been applying online and in real life. I'm not gonna ask my mom for money, it's fucking awkward as fuck.

Tell her you'll pay her back pussy it's only once for $25. If you're actually looking for a job you should have it in a month or you're doing something wrong.

Do it old school. Gladiators built their bodies on beans. You need beans and cardio in your life user. And keep on trying to get that job. It will come eventually.

As for now, you need to start running. It's fucking free, and burn that extra cals you get from the beans.

Thanks man! Local gym opens here in 30 minutes and going to do cardio for 1 hour.

So ask your mom to buy you a bag of protein? She's probably happy you're trying to keep healthy. If she likes you enough to give you a roof over your head and feed you the 10-15€ a kilo of whey costs is nothing. Even if you fall short of the insane protein amounts they suggest online just 1 scoop of whey is much better than none.

>21yo
>asking mother for tiny amount of money when you're truly in need and it's for a good cause is "awkward"
were you people beaten as kids or how on earth did you get this twisted view of the world?

if you truly can't overcome this retardation just go grocery shopping with her once and ask if it's ok to buy a bag of the store brand whey. they have some at every store and it's all the same, might just cost a few euros more than at online retailers.

It really depends on your goals.
Losing weight is easy and lifting while you lose is great just don't expect to gain ridiculous amounts of strength or size if you aren't eating enough protien.
However you shouldn't worry too much.
Ask your mom or dad for money when you can, if they see you trying they'll understand. Asking for a few bucks to get protein powder is nothing to be ashamed of.

Lift/Sleep/Eat/Run
Make sure you eat at a deficit and eat good food.
You'll make it
adjust things as you go and consult the sticky.

That's a way too much if you are not used to it. Remember that you need to progress. I run 5k every other day but I was in your situation at some point so believe me. Is better to start slow and progress than having to go full stop for a couple of weeks because overdoing it. Couch to 5k is a good place to start, theres a tredmill version at leldit.

I wish you the best bro.

This x100

Just make sure you burn your intake if you are eating fatty foods.

Protein intake is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overhyped. Only the highest test athletes (or roiders) could benefit from the the 1g/1lbs or whatever the fuck ratio is in style now.

Higher protein intake has other benefits, but for pure muscle gain, you really don't need as much as the industry would like you to believe.

I had a rough transition year where i was broke most of the time and rarely ate over 80g daily and i weigh 200 pounds.

It was very slow and exhausting but i still progressed pretty well imo and kept pushing forward.

Whenever you can eat well and get great nutrition then donit, but dont not lift b/c your protein intake is low. You can definitely progress on a low protein diet. Just my experience

Protein intake (1g/lbs) is overhyped but a reasonable daily intake is absolutely necessary. Someone who lives with their parents and eats whatever they cook might struggle getting even 50g a day.