How much money is there in Strongman competitions...

How much money is there in Strongman competitions? These guys are absolutely massive but I can't see them making millions of dollars a year. Why don't they switch over and become NFL linebackers? They would surely dominate, no?

>Be huge/strong
>Win at football

You realize there is more to it than that right?

individual vs team sport.

Most of these guys would be awful at football especially linebacker. Maybe some of them could play center or a fat ass position like that. Most are way to stiff/slow to be good at sports though

There's an enormous difference between professional weightlifter and professional athlete. The later goes through far more intensive training, including cardio that will basically kill your joints by the time you hit 32. Trust me, I competed nationally in Judo, had dreams of going to the olympics back in the day, and what it took to get silver at senior nationals was more sacrifice than I wanted. Instead I retired from competing on any decent level, calmed down, and finished my degree.

Trust me, weightlifters are great at lifting weights, but nothing else. Unless they start killing their bodies and gains with cardio for years on end, they won't get anywhere. Besides, big muscles + running = bad. Big muscles require more oxygen, which is why long distance runners and anyone in super cardio sports are usually tiny scrawny fucks. To hit the gym, hit weights to an unimaginable degree, and have good cardio will exhaust you by the time you're in your mid 30s.

Just take a look at rangers or any other SOF group. Usually they're thinner, have amazing cardio, and have pushed their bodies to the natty limit while doing intense amounts of cardio. They look damn good, don't get me wrong, but they look dyel next to most pro weightlifters. But that doesn't matter, because they can ruck 70 miles on limited food and water, which is their job.

Oh sorry, not to say rangers are SOF, but they are ruck queens who have starved over the course of ranger school.

>linebacker

All you need to be is a wall of flesh that moves another wall of flesh

t. don't know sports

he'd have a much better shot at o-line

This. I could totally see a strongman as an Offensive Linemen. No one is getting past The Mountain if he trained for a year or so.

They would be a lot better than some other non-football player, but there is quite a bit of technique in addition to the need to understand the plays.

Almost nothing, unless you win WSM.

Most of them aren't from the US so there's basically no chance of them ever playing NFL even if they wanted to.

Ranger School isn't the 75th.

they cant run because they dont do cardio. if they dis, they wouldn't have those gains

Let's be real, the 75th is low-tier SOF, and basically bodies to throw at missions with Delta/SF/other since they are already trained well enough to carry out individual missions alongside other SOF.

Don't they run at wsm competitions anymore?

Eh, I'd rather have Rangers ptactidactylly direct action saving my ass than SF, but I'm just shitposting anyway.

ask me how I know you're
completely ignorant about football

Yes. They have to quickly move extremely heavy objects. Very cardio intensive.

After which they have a couple hours and an oxygen mask to recover.

They're very good at short, intense efforts with stupidly heavy weight. Moving fast without that weight or pulling up and getting back for a second hard effort right afterwards isn't always a strong point.

I think someone like Pudzianowski may do alright (he does moderately well in K1 fighting), but he was a lot leaner than other strongmen of his level. He won more of the submaximal, timed events because he was faster and had more endurance than the other guys.
Bill Kazmaier played college football before he was a strongman, and tried out for the green bay packers, but tore a pec or something and had to quit the training camp.
Other than that, I doubt most strongmen would be that good at football. Strongman is a pretty different set of skills, especially where agility and speed are concerned. A really underestimated skill is being able to take hits well. Studies on NFL players show both physical and neural adaptations to taking so many hits over time that make players less likely to just straight-up pass out after getting tackled by a 300-pound man.

So how many years were you in batt?

Unless you win there's hardly any money at all from the sport itself. Most athletes have a regular job or depend on selling t-shirts and stuff.

The strongman of fifteen years ago would be better at it than the modern, mass monster strongman. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s most competitors were 120-140kg and very mobile. People like Magnus Samuelsson, Svend Karlsen and Jouko Ahola could have been brilliant D-linemen.
You can make it as a pro without being properly elite now, the Arnolds circuit and various Giants Live events offer a regular paycheque and sponsorships/endorsement money are getting more lucrative

Umad bitch ?

Lets be realistic about it. Half the people making any sort of living at the arnolds circuit/WSM heats level are guys living out of the arse end of eastern Europe where the payouts go a lot further.

Theyre better trained than you, are you even infantry? Or even in the forces at all?

True. Still, it's easier to make a decent living as a pro strongman now than it has probably ever been thanks to social media. Getting yourself meme status is the way to go, Eddie Hall and Hafthor are nowhere near as accomplished as Z and Shaw but are much more famous because they market themselves (although Shaw as his own company and is doing very well for himself)

These guys are absolutely massive but I can't see them making millions of dollars a year. Why don't they switch over and become billiard players? They would surely dominate, no?

linebacker? u think these guys are fast? bruh maybe lineman

I don't think you realize how fast offensive lineman's feet are. Or how fast the defense is. These guys are brutes but not fast. A DE would swoop right by these guys.

Defensive lineman are incredibly quick and fast.
Offensive lineman have insanely quick feet.
These guys can't be lineman.

No one except every defensive end in the NFL because they would literally blow right by these fucker

You mean handegg? There's nothing complicated about it. It's just a caveman tomfoolery. Me kick a ball and run, ugga bugga.

Some of the biggest mother fuckers at my gym come from the SF group down the street.

>These guys are brutes but not fast. A DE would swoop right by these guys.
not all strongmen are built like Z or Hall
Someone like Ahola, Pudz or Adam Bishop (who played premiership rugby before going over to strongman) would be plenty quick enough to become linemen
Even Thor is quick enough

At my high school years ago our geography teacher participated in this strongman world championship. Doubt he would keep teaching if it made anything.