Biceps

Is the gun show really just for the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4UMvypkECo
youtube.com/watch?v=hDt3l2s1RGI
youtube.com/watch?v=tzOjdaC2B3c
youtu.be/2407_uPHpIk?t=337
youtube.com/watch?v=LCet6lU-2TQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone else here like fucking big muscular buff biceps at the elbow????
no homo but it it feels nice

uh

Girl here, i think triceps are sexier. Just saiyan.

If you're a gymnast then they aren't just for show. Straight arm skills like planche, maltese, iron cross put a lot of pressure through the bicep tendon which is why gymnasts have such developed biceps compared to their other muscles

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4UMvypkECo

youtube.com/watch?v=hDt3l2s1RGI

youtube.com/watch?v=tzOjdaC2B3c

youtu.be/2407_uPHpIk?t=337

I just realized that but like other than just gymnast shit, like biceps used in every day environment and in sports. Like for example, my old football coach from high school said biceps are just for show and when would you ever need to activate the biceps in the game. I'm just now remembering this and am wondering if all my work is for nothing.

when you throw a spinner?

Any sport with a significant amount of pulling movements will benefit from strong biceps.

Any sport with significant pushing movements will benefit from strong biceps minimising the chance of blowing out your elbow on a push (same deal with, for example, runners and hamstring work).

eh my old positions were corner, wr, and outside line backer, the old bastard remembered my positions and I think that's why he said it. I didn't throw shit.

You need strong biceps to keep the ball high and tight and shed blockers

yeah I guess, but for every day things other than just sports, for what I did in football, the only thing I can now think of that biceps helped me with is stripping the ball from the ball carrier in rare situations and in a normal day, the only thing Id be using my biceps for is just during my normal curling routine.

Biceps are a primary muscle used in pull-ups,chin ups, climbing.
Professional rock climbers and such always have strong biceps and usually can bang out one arm chin ups

youtube.com/watch?v=LCet6lU-2TQ

I would say the ability to climb is pretty functional.
Training biceps is also can prevent injury. There are plenty of people who tear their biceps and such in different sports so strengthening it will help prevent that

if you don't train biceps then you won't be able to do heavy rows, pull ups, or chin ups very easily. Plus biceps help stabilize weight when you're doing OHP or bench press

yes

a line backer would benefit from biceps when making a tackle. not every contact is head on often times you have to hang on to the opponent

I know for a fact no girl will say it because I'm fat and ugly and I like trains so prove me wrong girl and actually mean it if you got the guts I bet none of you girls got the guts to go on a date with me and actual date not coffee I'm talking wine dine train ride real good time dancing to country music in the beam on my headlights then cuddling in the bed of my truck and watching stars and talking until we fall asleep now that's a true date I'm a real man I put real effort into dates and I don't wimp out on them either so take notes ladies I'm the guy you friendzoned because I'm too nice well it goes to show that I am a good guy but you girls keep dating trash and well that's your fault you don't know what your missing out on with me

pls be satire
>mfw thinking of you hurting

unless youre in a sport/hobby that has weight classes or benefits from weighing less, why wouldnt you want bigger/stronger biceps?

cause then you can skip all bicep training and use that time for something else? nigga i dunno

>implying it's not premium tortellini

All pulls activate the biceps dude. I train gymnastic style (slow progress since 6') and even I know that.

When did I say they didn't...?

>being such a contrarian you're really advocating not training biceps

I know Veeky Forums is full of special snowflakes but this is too much

Kinesiologist/physiotherapist/RMT here; day to day life, brachialis does more work than biceps brachii. If you're hardcore into specific sports that have already been mentioned. Brachialis' job is SOLELY to flex the elbow; biceps brachii's job is split between flexing the elbow and supinating the forearm.

That doesn't mean having devolped biceps is a waste of time, it just means that if you're only concerned with flexing your elbow, you would be working on brachialis.

The only downside to getting huge biceps is that it actually looks kinda fucked up. And I guess it can also limit your AROM.

he probably thinks foreskin is useless too. let's argue.

i feel like a girl would write something like this, about guys.