I'm starting Boxing/Muay Thai and MMA on Monday

I'm starting Boxing/Muay Thai and MMA on Monday.

What am I in for?

A beating

Its gonna hurt. Alot

just be aware that youre going to both look and feel really silly and wobbly. dont worry about it though, youll see massive improvements within a month

and dont listen to these retards you wont be doing any hard sparring until you and your trainer feel that youre ready

this kid thinks hes gonna be the next connor mcgregor
honestly
you faggots annoy the fuck out of me you all train like retards when you're in the gym doing weird exercises with the barbells and shit
you can do a 1000 press ups but can't bench 1 pl8

A good gym won't put you in for sparring until you're ready.

It'll be technique work, stretching, conditioning and bag work most likely.

you'll probably have to give all the other guys at the gym a blow job before they train you
this teaches discipline

your anus will hurt

I want to get good at striking. I want my balance to improve and I want to build confidence from knowing how to fight. I probably won't ever compete, and if I did, it would only be in Jiu Jitsu.

Can i go to a muay thai school if my flexibility is fucked?
I am pretty strong and have a good cardio but holy fuck i can't touch my toes with straight legs or i break in half.

Are there any good home workouts for flexibility?

>tfw from ATL
>tfw no Gracie here

kms

why would you join a fighting club if youre going in with this pussy ass mindset? when I started boxing all I wanted to do was to compete. thats where the real experience is. getting punched isnt that scary, youll live.

someone in your personal space. padwork. skipping

First post, best post

Is the mindset of

>i want to fucking kill people

Good enough?

Whats wrong with learning these martial arts without competing? There are plenty of gym fighters. Maybe once I get better I'll want to compete. Chill bro. Not everyone that wants to learn MMA needs to have a mindset that they're going to be the next Tyson.

I guess you will gradually improve. You need flexibility for all those kicks breh

Ye but how do you improve your flexibility

thats like playing a videogame and keeping on replaying the tutorial level. you can bet your sweet ass that you wont ever actually be good at it if you never get in the ring to get some experience. fighting is the biggest part of training.

I'm very quite socially and don't engage in conversation with people. How will this effect my training? Will it affect my training? Do I have to make friends with people who want to spar with me?

>wanting to get your head bashed in for fun by another male who really wants to hurt you
>not just learning the technique, getting good conditioning, and doing sparring so you could fight the average person and win.

But please. Tell us more about your MMA experience/

I don't know if you realized, but fighting sports ARE sports. they teach you rules that matter only in the ring. they train you to get points in the ring. they prepare you to fight in the ring. if you just want to learn to defend yourself then fuck off and go to some self defense class, because boxing, muay thai and MMA are for athletes, not brawlers

>because boxing, muay thai and MMA are for athletes, not brawlers

I assure you that someone who is training Muay Thai will completly destroy soemone who dosn't train shit in the streets.

yeah but that's not the point. I've been boxing for about 7 years now, and I've been seeing this pattern. people who are generally interested in the sport and want to be there to learn and compete are the ones who stay. the idiots who come in with their sagging pants and tattoos who wanna act tough, and are there only to learn to fight in the street stop coming in after a month or two.

Is 18 a good age to start or am i too old for this to be atleast average?

how much have you competed?
send us a link to your record. there must be one online for your records.

Anyone here scared to learn how to fight after getting Veeky Forums? I feel like fighters are going to want to fite me and the teachers will be rough just because I have muscle, even though I'm a little bitch and can't into cardio :'(

i'm 23. Am I too old?

done most of my training in Iran, moved to Norway 3 years ago. we don't keep online track. I haven't been competing so much here in Norway, I've been busy with taking instructor courses at a local club

you'll be pretty decent after 6+ months regardless of age. unless you're an idiot and can't memorize the techniques and are generally slow.