Minimum Calorie diet

What's the lowest calorie diet you've ever been on while cutting Veeky Forums?

I'm currently on a 650 calorie diet. Has anyone attempted to go lower than that? Am I insane for going this low to begin with?

Other urls found in this thread:

aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
baye.com/calculating-the-daily-calorie-deficit-for-maximum-fat-loss/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your Auschwitz mode

I assume you don't care about strength or muscles then? That's fine if your goal is to be dyel

There's nothing wrong with going extremely low 2-3 days a week. If you're a NEET you really have no excuse.

I know a guy that does 2 days of just water then 14 days of about 250g of food
he claims he feels great and has a huge amount of energy and can gain muscle while doing it, I call bullshit though

You're so fucking retarded I cant't even..

650 kcal
>six hundred and fifty fucking calories
>A DAY ??

fat metabolization is limited by total bodyfat %.

higher body fat = higher daily fat metabolization which means you can cut your calories further and have your body liberate fat stores to meet the caloric deficit.

this scales down rapidly tho as you approach normal bodyfat

Can't

Got so triggered can't even type properly lol.

But seriously this diet is so stupid and it doesn't even work because your body will go into starvation mode with only 650 calories a day

I'm still getting 130g of Protein each day.

Starvation mode doesnt exist user, im serious.

Heres your source

aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

that means that you get 520 kcals from protein in a diet of 650 kcals, what the fuck are you eating?

Two Multivitamins, and 36 Hard boiled Egg Whites.

not quite the same thing but I recently went 4 days without eating a single piece of food or drinking anything other than water, I had a serious infection and started bleeding internally, my shit went black from the blood and I lost 16lbs, mostly muscle mass.

Even since then I've been struggling to get 1000+ on some days, other days I get to around 2000, I just don't have much of an apettite

>550 kcals a day

my first cut when i was a fatty. wouldnt call it a cut because i wasnt lifting. it was worthless because i didnt lose any fat because i was at such a low caloric intake that my body just rinsed all my muscle and kept the fat. lost all the hamplanet gainz i had and just looked even fatter.

also, it doesnt matter if youre getting 130g of protein. it's not enough for your body to maintain itself. if youre going to cut at that level, eat half your kcals in carbs and half in protein. cut out fat altogether (good luck when youre eating that much in protein).

the brain uses carbohydrates and sugar so it's mandatory if youre going to be exercising at all.

When I fast I drink a big fucking 800 calorie bottle of V8 with a small portion of lean protien depending on how I ate the day before. The sweetness of the fruity V8 tricks myself into seriously craving a workout to fight away the feeling.

>fast
>800 calorie drink

I'm not sure that counts as fasting my dude.

500 calories for about one year. With extreme binging sessions inbetween.

That being said, I had an eating disorder, and have never gotten an erection again ever since. So I highly recommend you consider not doing this shit.

well i mean obviously this isn't true.

fat mobilization is like tax brackets.

because you make it into a higher bracket doesn't mean all your earnings are taxed at the higher bracket, it means whatever earnings you make that go over the threshold are taxed the higher %.

likewise for fat.

yes once you cross the threshold of fat metabolization you'll see horrible fat:muscle ratios and really start cleaving muscle away

but that only happens once you cross the threshold

and frankly if you were obese you probably had the ability to mobilize like 2000 calories of fat everyday before you crossed into that worse fat:muscle ratio.

there is no starvation mode if you eat enough protein

thats scary. now im scared. tell more details man, went to doc? why bled? i dont believe that u can loose 16lbs of muslce in 4 days desu. its probly fat and water

>eat half your kcals in carbs and half in protein
well formulated
>the brain uses carbohydrates and sugar so it's mandatory
not really. ketones. 30gr carbs a day is enough. u know, christian bale ate just one apple while exercising a day for the movie machinist. with all the health care he have, they woulndt let him if it were dangerous. but ofc i dont recemmend it. at all. just sayin about carb need

how much did u lost man. how close to goal?

... I've fasted for 4 days for a vision quest I did not have any bleading I did not get an infection your full of shit only way this could happen is if you already had something wrong and a polyp and a hemeroid blew

250g of carbs would already amount to over 2k Calories...

Doing short water fasts is great both for the mind and for the body, as well.

probably doesn't need to be said eating low amounts of food for a couple days doesn't cause intestinal bleeding.

Isn't it easier to just die?

I don't feel particularly hungry.

After the cheat meal i have every saturday i do a 24 hour fast

I also do IF but i eat at least 2k a day

>he can still afford food

never gonna make it

except it's not 250g of carbs it's 226g total weight of the food
it's this shit in the pic

what the fuck man

you got scammed breh

>you got scammed breh
>I know a guy
>I call bullshit
I'm not the one that does it, nor would I sacrifice gains for starving myself

> Paying around $300 to diet

Oh sorry, i mean 'cleanse'. Why not just eat less and SAVE money, instead of wasting 2 months woth of groceries.

I used to have an eating disorder and ate 16 calories a day. All of it coffee. This went on for 2 days and then I ate around 1000 calories and repeated the cycle. I was hospitalized for it once. I ran clenbuterol during all of these cycles. Stopped when I lost 200lbs. Now I am at around 8-15 percent body fat depending whether or not I am bulking or cutting.

You need to get in the range of your bodies max calories, without enough calories your body will stay same Weight, at least never go below 1000 when cutting, your body will go into shock when it starts eating more and you will look bloated really quickly,

>Am I insane for going this low to begin with?
Not insane but very dumb.
>BUTBUT BUT I WANT IT FAST ! FAST FAST I WANT FAST BAWWW BAWW

Ate 1500cal or less, lifted 6 days a week and walk/ran off 500cal every night. So about a 600cal deficient from diet, and over a 500cal defict from exercise.

survived two years of 400 kcal a day. looked like shit, couldn't do anything but lay in the bed and watch cooking shows. have serious erection problems like. wouldn't recommend it.

i once sat on 300-500 kcal at most for a whole month due to anxiety issues. felt weird

holy shit someone screencap this

On average anything lower than 1000 after a certain amount of time will do more harm than good for you both physiologically and psychologically. DO whatever you want but educate yourself first before trying something harmful like this.

ITT: Fatties don't know about Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss program.

his ultimate diet 2.0 is better IMO

How do your farts smell?

how much weight u lose weekly?
1.5/week?

Jesus fucking christ. Assuming this isn't bait why not just have five protein shakes a day and nothing else?

I did a 750 calorie diet for a week or two then bumped it up to a 1000 for around 6 months. Lost 70lbs or so.

What would a water fast do for your body?

you're crazy

Thank fuck you take multivitamins otherwise you'd be lacking a lot of nutrition

>ketones
that shit is a meme, you can't perform without eating carbs.

Nothing except make you piss alot

NO NO, THAT'S NOT REAL, THAT'S NOT REAL.

Lol what

>36 Hard boiled Egg Whites
What the fuck do you do with all the yolk?

Include me in the screencap

>Two Multivitamins, and 36 Hard boiled Egg Whites.
Nigga eats 21 dozen eggs a week. Is this why the shelves at the grocery store are always empty?

Top kek

the absolute fucking madman

That's nothing m8

When I cut all I eat is a single chicken tender a day

I wish I thought of bait like this

I don't recommend this because it is unhealthy as fuck but...
For a long while I was eating nothing but a bag of lentils every day for 3 months. A bag of lentils cost 1$, is 900 calories, and cooks into more food than I could eat in a day.

So that means I only spent 25-30$ a month on food for those 3 months. And I didn't go hungry. It was more than I could eat. But I clearly looked malnourished. Near death actually.

he never said it caused it dipshit!!!!!!!!!1 people are different why doesnt fit understand this

It makes me wonder why those lazy homeless fucks on the street go starving, when you can afford an entire day of food for only 1$ in USA

Jesus christ that's a lot of money saved

250g of carbs is 1000 calories...

They're too lazy and stupid to buy cheap food

Yea but I almost died for some reason...Eating nothing but lentils just doesn't work long term

>I'm still getting 130g of Protein each day.
Doesn't matter (all that much.)

Your fat stores can only provide about 65-75kcal per kilogram per day at maximum. So if you are 100kg and have a BF of 10%, then your fat stores can only provide 650-750kcal per day due to metabolic limitations. If you're on a deficit greater than that your body WILL burn lean mass, no matter how much protein you eat. PSMF + exercise only helps slow the rate at which this happens by making the body go for the full 65-75kcal/kg/day before switching to burning muscle, it will not prevent it.

Well of course because you're not getting proper nutrition, did you even take a multivitamin or anything?

holy fucking shit user how are you not dead

You're a piece of shit

>38395024
I want to believe

Between this and the jogging stalker today has been a great day for Veeky Forums

>get roids
>in ass
>avoid all eating due to pain from shitting
>like 300cals a day, a couple potato chips and a glass of orange juice or some shit
>was skinnyfat, turn auschwitz
>they don't get better for a month, develop internal bleeding, shit is black
>visit doctor at murrica poor ass clinic
>he advises me to "eat some ice cream or something"
>eat rice that day
>feel better the next day
>eat food and walk around and let body heal for a week
>feel better

Yeah... that was a pretty retarded adventure.

Homeless people don't have access to stoves or refrigerators tho

That's not how the human body works. What probably happened is that you not only severely underestimated how much you were eating, but were also getting little protein. Also hard cuts deplete muscle glycogen which couples with the loss of fat making muscles seeming bigger than than they are, and both give the illusion of muscle loss.

In short you're a fucking retard.

I'm eating about 700 calories and I still make strength gains

Holy fucking shit you are so painfully wrong. Muscle is a terrible energy storage source that's very energy intensive to make, and your body will ALWAYS use it last for energy. Your body will never switch to muscle burning because even a roid beast couldn't live more than a few days off of their muscle mass. At low caloric intakes your body may reduce the muscle you have to reduce the caloric needs of your body, but it won't fucking burn it as fuel in lieu of fat. How did you possibly graduate from high school?

>Muscle is a terrible energy storage source
Of course muscle is a worse energy source than fat. But fat can only be metabolized at a relatively fixed pace. The metabolic turnover rate for muscle is even slower and less efficient - but unless you're obese (in which case you can disregard this since your daily max fat metabolism is probably higher than your TDEE) you have a lot more of it. The body can turn the metabolic rate down by only about 15% - if you fail to meet even that you're dead.
>Your body will never switch to muscle burning
>your body may reduce the muscle you have
Nice contradiction there.
>even a roid beast couldn't live more than a few days off of their muscle mass.
Assuming 40kg of muscle, that's 30 days worth of energy.

>baye.com/calculating-the-daily-calorie-deficit-for-maximum-fat-loss/
I doubt you have the attention span to read it, but there you'll find a more in-depth explanation and links to the studies that prove this.

I get that you can be uninformed but still adamant about your opinion, that tendency is the basic cornerstone of all bro-science, but mocking someone before bothering to consult google for 30 seconds just makes you look like an ass.

>cutting while female
>1100 cal budget
>not even an extreme cut

one fiddy

>But fat can only be metabolized at a relatively fixed pace
>But fat can only be metabolized at a relatively fixed pace

Wrong. Fat is metabolized first and only after extended periods without protein will the body start to break down muscle.

One Apple
Two kiwis
Lost four kgs in one week

>I supply you a link to a rigorous study by a credible institution that proves that fat metabolism has maximum rate.
>Hur-dur you're still wrong.
Fuck off you illiterate dip.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response

>Of the remaining 30 g requirement, 20 g per day can be produced by the liver from glycerol (itself a product of fat breakdown). But this still leaves a deficit of about 10 g of glucose per day that must be supplied from some other source. This other source will be the body's own proteins.
>During short periods of energy abstinence, the human body will burn primarily free fatty acids from body fat stores, along with small amounts of muscle tissue to provide required glucose for the brain.
That article only proves my point. You're confusing "primarily burn muscle" and "strating to burn burn muscle to cover for limitations in energy transfer from fat stores."

>>Your body will never switch to muscle burning
>>your body may reduce the muscle you have
>Nice contradiction there.

I refuse to believe that you are possibly stupid enough to realize that that is not a contradiction. Nice cutting out of all context to manipulate a quote, asshat.

Reducing the amount of muscle to remove the caloric requirements of a muscular body is a totally distinct process from burning muscle as fuel to survive, which is what you were incorrectly referring to.

why

> starvation mode

>650
I have a hard time staying under 1200, how the fuck, and isn't that really bad? Like won't you get loose skin and be really weak and shit? And bad metabolism?

>starvation mode

950 was the lowest I've ever gone

>starvation mode

r u tickling my willy

Wait.

What is starvation mode? Isn't starvation mode starving to death? Isn't that an actual thing?

Or is there a secret way for humans to live without food?

I did this just a little bit ago. I lost 28.6 lbs in 5 weeks. A little less that 5 actually. I've tried to incorporate carbs and fats back in my diet without gaining too much water weight and so far I've only put on like 2 lbs from water. It's been a week so I think I'm safe to start doing a 500 kcal deficit

>250x4 = 2000

Please just stop, you will fuck up your body doing this

Well nice try, but ketosis is a real think and it can be dangerous for diabetics as their blood pH is more sensitive. They go into ketone acidosis much more easily than non diabetic fatties do. Also yes your body can run using only fat and no carbs. Otherwise storing fat would be pointless.