GST Foundation - pastebin.com/rk1vVJve

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XB_7En-zf_M
youtube.com/watch?v=l2W_R__fQaw
youtube.com/watch?v=0uCeMtT4mXY
youtube.com/watch?v=G8BvsXteJ2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Beginner Routine
I started this because soon I will be too broke to pay for a gym membership, it's not bad.

I want to build some semblance of v-taper.

Besides pullups, what can I do to get nice lats? Will levers help?

how much is a gym membership?

Pull ups (lat focused) and muscle ups
youtube.com/watch?v=XB_7En-zf_M
Front lever is very lat dominate
Dragon flags also has good activation of the lats

Usually ~$10/week 24/7 varies a lot though.

Will jumping off of great heights increase test production?

How should the scapula be positioned throughout a pullup

Guess you could say this is one thread that....carries it's own weight.

also everyone knows bodyweight is shit

>everybody
Speak for yourself

You start by retracting your scapula, then pulling yourself above the bar. Once at the bottom you can either go back to a dead hang or keep it retracted throughout all the reps.

Will increase adrenaline and could fuck up your knees
retracted and depressed

thanks

keked, that horrible squat stretch though

Dyel general lmoa

thanks for the bump senpai

I honestly wish every time people post stuff like this they'd also post a CBT just so we can see exactly who's memeing this hard

implying your average /fit poster is not overweight

what i really want to know is

do manlets have an advantage in bw fitness? i'd guess a fat 5'6 guy and a fat 6'5 guy would progress differently, ie. the manlet would progress in pushups/pullups faster?

Yes, shorter people have shorter leverages and have less area to travel, making not only bodyweight movements but lifting easier for them to do.

They will progress faster and easier then someone who's 6foot plus and well over 200 pounds.

I'm 6'3" @ 200lbs I'm progressing nicely, desu (maintaining weight).

>Biceps so big that it appears that they are made out of synthol.

That's nice, but relatively speaking average height and below people will have an easier time of it.

gotta love that pump

cheers, thanks

hey /BWG/

I'm 6ft and ~63kg and I want to get fitter and build up some muscle once my leg is healed (overstretched a fibre and shit takes longer to heal than I anticipated)

I want to start a calisthenics routine (the startbodyweight looks decent) and take up karate (I don't care about it being a meme and I don't intend to brucelee 50 dudes in a streetfight with it)
How do I adjust 3 workout sessions a week and 2-3 karate sessions in regards to overtraining and resting times? I intend to do the workout in the mornings as I will have to do it on playgrounds or something similar due to the lack of a pull up bar in my direct vicinity and I don't want to look like a pedo. The karate training would be in the evenings. Should I do both on the same day or should I alternate days without real restdays?

Also I don't start from zero, I'm currently doing 3x10 diamond pushups. I haven't done pull ups in a long time but I used to do 3 sets of chin ups and 1 set of pull ups no problem and I think I can get back to this level rather quickly. My biggest problem is flexibility, but I started doing stretches in the evenings (right now paying special regard to the injured leg which I can use normally in daily activites.. it only hurts a little when I sprint or try to kick above waist level)

can't advise you on pull up bar, have you read goju ryu strength training? if I remember correctly, they don't do any pull up exercise, if you want your training to make you a better karateka, you can just follow that
if you want to do bw to get fitter, you have to decide which is more important to you, karate or being fit, if you do exercise in the morning you might be too tired for karate and vice versa

I don't care about karate tournaments or anything, I just always liked martial arts (I used to to taekwondo for a few years back in school) and I figured I'd do karate because they're 3 training sessions a week offered by my university for which I don't have to pay shit

For now I just want to get fitter and acquire above-lanklet aesthetics

I'll probably start with the bw routine in the mornings for a few weeks and then I should be able to judge whether I have enough energy to last through a 2 hour training in the evenings

but would it influence the gains?

well, karate is sort of 'cardio' which kills gains, you need to eat way more, personally I want to get fit before i start doing karate

I supplement pull up bar with barbell, btw. home gym dweller

>you need to eat way more
yeah this is what I'm currently struggling with
I need to make a nutrition plan and stick to it I guess

I'll never understand how fatties are able to stuff themselves each and every day

thanks btw

/owg/bro here. I'm out of town for the week, so
I can't go to the gym. Any decent bodyweight routines that an intermediate lifter could into?

sure thing, aushwitz survivor here so I feel you senpai

what I did:
>make 4 slices of PB sandwitches
>put two together so it's like a burger
>make sure I eat it all during the day
>also ate 100g of Halva in the evening

I think I was eating way too much, i dropped both now and I am able to maintain my 200lbs (was 175 before), though I need a snickers bar or something for my diner, else I struggle with energy when working out (2h after diner)

To add to my earlier replies, if you work out in the morning, you might struggle to finish your karate practise, I as well had some tendons and muscle fibers problems, shit takes 6months to recover, no joke. If you fucked up your leg karate might be out of question until you heal fully.

download foundation and try higher levels for mastery, are you sure you have the mobility for it, though?

Yes, pic related. Thanks for the advice.

Try out pistol squats, you should have the mobility and strength for it from ATG squatting and such (you could even load it up with a bag or similar like a goblet squat.

Handstand push ups against a wall. Supplements overhead pressing strength well.

Good Lower body routine :
youtube.com/watch?v=l2W_R__fQaw

Chest/Tris/Shoulders
youtube.com/watch?v=0uCeMtT4mXY
youtube.com/watch?v=G8BvsXteJ2s

Back/Bis/Abs
Do as same manner as above workouts
Wide grip pull ups (easy enough to find something that can be a pull up bar)
Close grip chin ups
Body weight rows (on table or whatever)
Dragon flags
Plank holds

>If you fucked up your leg karate might be out of question until you heal fully.
yea, I intended to let it recover fully before I even check out the karate training

>shit takes 6months to recover, no joke.
fuck me, I hope it doesn't take that long with me
if it's not gone in 2 weeks or something I'll go see a doctor, but I doubt there will be much he can tell me besides not overworking the leg

>PB sandwiches
I used to eat this shit all the time, it's so good
but PB isn't quite cheap here so I'll have to take that into account

Slowly building up the strength and balance to front lever. Afterwards how long should it take to progress to a planche pushup