First time posting

First time posting
I'm a dyel skinnyfat lanklet, been doing bodyweight for 6 weeks and recently just rigged a janky ass bar for dead lifts.
Tell me what I did wrong for my first meal prep.
>white rice with seasoning, boiled with buollion
>chicken breast seasoned and pan fried with veg oil
>hard boiled egg.
I'm going to try to have at least an egg for breakfast, but this is new to me. I've survived on ramen and coffee in a permanent cut.
I'm a college kid on a budget that would make Rabbi Shekelberg Goldsteinowitz cringe.

>my squat/deadlift/row bar
Two boxes filled with paper. Have no idea how much either of them weigh.

>college kid
What college? Because unless you're going Podunk Community College you should be able to use whatever passes for a gym there.

Are you sure that it is close to the same weight pm each side? Bout to become some mutant supermang qusimodo lookin motherfucker if you start getting those imbalanced gains.

meals are too low in calories. Instead of rice, make mashed potatoes with shitloads of butter

>community college
>no gym
Got a late start but I'll make it.
Transferring to uni next fall.
My apartment is half a mile from uni campus, but until I get that free membership this is all I got.

Down to the gram. They're course catalogs for my school from years ago. I grabbed 2 boxes while I was taking them to recycle.
Thanks! Do home made mashed potatoes keep well in the fridge?

He said his normal diet is close to ramen and nothing plus he is already skinnyfat. Do you want him to become a fatass?

OP just stay within your macros and at a 500 calorie surplus. There is no need to become fat if you are trying to gain muscle.

How are you not some what near some $20/month type gym? Unless you're in the middle of nowhere there's gotta be some cheap gym you can use instead of that retarded setup you have.

>bland chicken/egg/rice tastes
>dumping seasoning on rice to compensate
>no veg
>not even brown rice for fiber

user

>6'1
>170ish lbs
Because of a series of unfortunate events over the past 2 years I found myself living in rural deep south.
I could have picked brown rice but I didn't, I knew I should have, but I didn't.
What are some cheap veg I could use. And the chicken is alright imo.

Ah ok. Keep up the bodyweight routine and keep eating. Get some oats and taters, they shouldn't break the bank. If you can, splurge on some protein powder.
Stay dedicated, you're going to make it.
t. former poorfag hungry skellington
Protip: a full gallon jug of water weighs 8.3 pounds.

I wouldn't call protein powder a splurge. As long as you get a brand that isn't ridiculously marked up the price per gram of protein will be better than most meats unless OP lives on a literal animal farm with slaughterhouse facilities that his family operates.

Fuck yeah, thanks bro. Some IRL fit friends might spot me some powder until I can get some.
I'm superpoor atm, Can't even afford a new backpack after my rancid cunt of an ex took hers back that I was using.
>totebag life.
I'll figure it out, I have a decent network of generous fit friends, but the only thing I can spend money on is food and rent, period.

For cheap veggies I usually buy the VIP frozen stuff. Where are you in the south?

Here's a tip. Get comforatable with math, counting calories, and counting macros. If you have even the most basic undertstanding of these you can figure out how to eat and make gains for the least amount of money possible.

You don't have to eat tastless rubber unflavoured chicken breast to do this. Learn what your daily macro reuirements are. Keep these numbers in your head next time you go grocery shopping. You will most likeyl find that protein is your most expensive macro. Look at your receipt and figure out the price per gram of protein on your meat items. Compare this to the price per gram of protein powder and you might find that there is a better deal.

Or not. You might live in a place where meat is really inexpensive. I'm just saying, using basic math skills can grant you great inefficiencies especially if you are as low on scratch as you say.

>Mizzippi
I know it's not much at all, and I don't have any pictures from when I started, but it's enough of an improvement to feel good about myself and start dating again.
Meat is actually really cheap down here, got 5lbs of 80% lean ground beef for 10$ But I have to research my macro requirements. Thanks, man.

Add some green things
Doesn't matter what, doesn't need to be a lot either, just go buy whatever cheap frozen veg you're ok with

Also weigh your ingredients (or read from the package) to work out the macros for what you put in there. Looks like you might have maybe 35-40g protein?

Macros are important and they only get more important the longer you have been lifting. Getting them down early is probably one of the biggest impact things you can do.

It's only been 6 weeks but I've been going hard in the paint, and I've felt like my lack of nutrition has been stealing my gains. I better read the sticky and figure out my macros.
Thanks bros.

Years from now you will thank yourself for this decision. Fitness is intertwined with nutrition on a very fundamental level.

A tdee calculator says I need 2872 calories... that seems a bit high.
Does that sound accurate for 175ish lbs, 6'1, 5 days of exercise? And would you recommend a 40/40/20 to start?

It sounds a little high yeah, unless your job is physical. The calculator probably asked a question of activity level (ex: sedentary, lightly active, mid active, highly active). Do not include gym time/exercise in this. This is asking about the activities that consume the majority of your day.

If you are a full time student then you will probably want to choose sedentary even if you work out about 1 hour a day. That is unless you have a physically demanding job on the side in which case you will need to use best judgement. Weigh yourself once a week and if you aren't seeing the increase in weight you want then run the numbers again with a higher activity level selected.

Personally if I was in your shoes I would be punching numbers into a TDEE calculator every week and adjusting my Macro goals appropriately.

Also, eating a caloric surplus is hands down the biggest factor in if you will gain weight or not. Exercise and good macro ratios will help make the weight mostly quality muscle and a little fat. If you do not get enough protein the weight will be less muscle mass and more fat.

As long as you are within 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight you will be in good shape as far as muscle goes. Just make sure you follow the calculator within a reasonable margin of error for the other macros (5-10%).

Also you probably read this in the sticky and on the calculator but it cannot be emphasized enough that not all macros have the same caloric value per gram:

Protein - 4 Calories per 1 Gram
Carbss - 4 Calories per 1 Gram
Fats - 9 Calories per 1 Gram

You need all 3 of these in a complete diet. Fats will be the lowest as far as grams go, but will still probably be close to 20-30% of your daily calories. Hopeully I didn't add too much confusion.

Bottom line, 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. Try to keep other macros close to the calculator's values but a small margin of error is allowable. If you do not gain weight, then increase the activity level you selected on the calculator and try that for a week.

That helps a lot, thank you.
I was about to come back in month weighing 400 lbs butt mad at the user that told me to 2800 calories worth of buttered potatoes a day.

Always remember that the advise you are given in any situation can be the result of anecdotal experience. That user might have just been okay with adding any amount of weight to their body as long as their lifts increased and the food satisfied their sensitive taste buds.

A lot of people in the world and on the Internet have low tolerances for slight discomforts and will try to push their "easy solutions" without noting negative side effects. Eating a bunch of butter potatoes with the right amount of protein in your diet will definitely make you bigger and stronger, but you will also notice that you are pretty flabby.

I guess this isn't an issue for everyone since not everyone cares about the bodyfat they are hauling around as long as they can put up big numbers in the gym. Just remember that everyone's advice including mine has a bias behind it. It's your responsibility to go throuhg this info and find what is applicable to you. If someone is promising a simple answer to a question then they are probably leaving out the negative effects of the solution (and insulting your intelligence).

>First time posting
>I'm a dyel skinnyfat lanklet, been doing bodyweight for 6 weeks and recently just rigged a janky ass bar for dead lifts.
>Tell me what I did wrong for my first meal prep.
>>white rice with seasoning, boiled with buollion
>buollion
Use sake instead. It'll make it taste less like chicken and more like something distinct.

>>chicken breast seasoned and pan fried with veg oil
To allow it to keep moisture better, pan grill (no oil) for a minute each side. Then oil. Then bake at 400 for 10 mins.

>>hard boiled egg.
Softboil them instead to increase edibility after refidgerating.

>I'm going to try to have at least an egg for breakfast, but this is new to me. I've survived on ramen and coffee in a permanent cut.
Wew

>I'm a college kid on a budget that would make Rabbi Shekelberg Goldsteinowitz cringe.
Look into making your own rice cake using flour and starch. Also look into making water and flour bread for calories and buying extra meats with the savings.