So what's Veeky Forums's opinion of this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y1IGeJEXpF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My opinion is who is he and what does he do?

I don't know who he is. Why do you have a picture of a strange man squeezing his pecs erotically?

he's usually the first hit on youtube when I look for form checks and shit so I sure hope he's okay.

he's so natty it hurts to watch

good advice though.

Likeable with good videos but a little disappointed in his strength levels. I recently saw a video of him deadlifting with Mark Bell. He couldn't get 455lbs. Mark was disappoint.

Alan Thrall

>Alan Thrall

He spent the majority of his training in strongman which has a lot more endurance and isn't as focused on one-rep maxes. It's like saying you're disappointed with a gymnast because he can't squat 495

Link?

Strongmen are better dl pound for pound than PLs.

>alan thrall

This. Maybe if he stopped warming up and stretching for 30 minutes he'd be stronger. Stretching for that long is probably not good for strength at all, at least not right before a workout.

Watch his training videos, he still has weak lifts regardless if it's strongman or powerlifting.

>reddit presents: the fitness youtube channel

But thats wrong

Who has the record for the DL? In fact, who are the ones setting the record for the DL - yeah, strongmen. Marius could walk into a meet and easily have the best DL in his weight class. They just train the damn thing with high volume and a lot of frequency, coupled with the fact they lift and carry heavy shit all the time.

They deadlift by a different rule set that allows them to hitch the fuck out of the bar and thus lock out weights that they wouldn't lock out in 10 years under powerlifting rules.

This is true, but you're arguing about strongman being an excuse for being weaker than a powerlifter, which obviously isn't the case. Even if Alan were to hitch the bar he would still be weak.

Nah, I'm not the user you were arguing with, I just tuned in to your last statement.

and i'm not either one of those, i just tuned in as well.

I respect and enjoy Mr. Thrall. His form videos are the ones I learned the most from.

That's the point - he shouldn't be a fucking weakling.

Kek

Well then, the fuck we do now?

looked at a video on how to deadlift from him and he suggested to not deadlift and do some stupid hanging deadlift shit, fuck off i want to have fun at the gym so just teach my how to deadlift

I've seen that video dozens of times and that doesn't sound familiar. At what point was it? youtu.be/Y1IGeJEXpF4

Multiple coaches teach hanging deadlifts and deadlift variations to people who have problems executing the movement or have mistakes in a certain area. That's not the problem.

he should shave, he has shittier beard genetics, looks like a faggot hobo.

I watch these guys, it is retarded strength, you can't get more primeval than this, pure test.

One of his earlier vids has him deadlifting over 500 at a powerlifting meet. I think he's also lost a good 25lbs of bodyweight recently which might explain the strength loss.

Still, yes, I'd expect that kind of deadlift from someone who's been training for 2 years. Not as long as he has.

He is really weak, i diddylifted 500 pounds after 3 years and i didnt even use creatine.