Can we have a keto thread? Carbs truly are a work of the devil

Can we have a keto thread? Carbs truly are a work of the devil.

Other urls found in this thread:

myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/vitafiber/11106652.html
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/epilepsy/diagnosis-treatment/treatment/txc-20117241
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/61/6/1321S.short
youtube.com/watch?v=jqbQ82ld-4o
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15162131
diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/diabetes-superfoods.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25351652
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fell for the keto meme

good luck makin gains with fat as energy source

i've been doing it with some success but its been tough.

Enjoy your ketoacidosis.

Low carb is the only thing that's ever worked for me.

Only went full Atkins-style keto one time, about 15 years ago. Wasn't lifting then, and I remember feeling like shit and lashing out at people.

Now that I'm lifting I just follow a few simple rules to limit carb intake and keep me from blowing up in the wrong way.

1. No bread ever. If you just get fast food, either salad or chicken. Preferably grilled but fried is still preferable to white bread.

2. No soda. Diet or ginger ale if I absolutely have to.

3. No beer or dark liquor. Just vodka and water.

28 y/o 6'4" 250 1/2/2.5/4

I could stand to drop another 30 pounds of body fat, but couldn't go full on keto again. Not right now anyway.

>another fatshit dyel topic

Carbs are not evil, simple carbs are.

Lentils, beans, vegetables, etc are very good for you in terms of nutrition and aesthetics.

you could stand to get that 2.5 to a 3

> 250 lbs

can you even stand tho

>simple carbs are evil
thats also a meme

simple carbs make you work hard, at the gym, school anything. Working harder= more gains

yeah ofcourse dont drink soda pops and sit on the couch all say, drink soda pops and then hit the gym

I've been 299 before. Couldn't even bench a plate then. 250 feels pretty good desu. It helps that I'm tall and broad shouldered. 36 waist, 46 chest.

Just can't get below parallel with 3 plates. It'll come tho.

tried keto for about a week a few months before i started lifting

decided on saturday to try it again. so i'm about to go lift in ketosis for the first time.

didn't mean to reply to you obv

I have yet to see someone natty who does keto and looks good
and I know people who eat carbs and look good without even trying very hard
it's literally a meme for stupid people

wow truly bread and sugar are the key to getting ripped :')

Keto is god tier for sticking to a calorie limit as long as you don't have many outside influences for breaking it.

Eating out is a bitch, the first week is miserable, don't forget your fibre supplement or you'll be giving birth out of your ass regularly.

If you're a fatass and perpetually hungry, keto can fix it after about 4-7 days and it'll stay fixed until you eat carbs again, whether on purpose or accident (so be careful with everything you eat). Other than that, I didn't notice a single difference between eating the same calories on keto or with high carb. Just makes it easier to stick to.

nope, the dietary fat is. and your body is a proof of that, right? and millions of people who lift, eat carbs and look good don't matter

Unless you want to have shitty gym and athletic performance, I would start eating carbs, and just stay in a caloric deficit if your goal is fat loss.

Keto is a meme, carbs are literally there for fuelling performance and keeping your muscles full, anyone on keto is most likely weak as shit and flat as fuck, and if they're strong, they'd be stronger with carbs in their system.

well you've convinced me, I'll begin eating pop tarts and ice cream immediately

time to get ripped :)

well that would suit your personality I guess
leave complex carbs to sane people who know how to use stuff like food to their advantage instead of killing themselves with it
anyway good luck, you'll need it

>pop tarts and icecream are carb sources
kek those things are at least 50% fat

>guys keto is great
>either won't post a picture or admit they still look like shit and aren't strong
every time

Since QTDDTOT won't help, maybe someone here will;

Will this work for Keto?

myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/vitafiber/11106652.html

91% fibre, 5% sugar, it'd be my only source of carbs other than broccoli and minuscule amounts on meat and stuff.

Thanks.

>people who are fat and trying to lose weight with keto won't post their pics because they look bad

Lol wow xD

welp. that was one shitty workout.

>failed on deadlift
>failed on the press
>ran away instead of doing remaining exercises

Ketoacidosis only happens to diabetics.

Keto is good for getting out of obese territory because it's a lot easier to manage calories and avoid overeating "yummy" foods. It's all about teaching yourself discipline. Once you have it, you start incorporating non-shit carbs and you lift. It is pretty simple if you're not retarded.

That's fine since it's all fiber. All you gotta worry 'bout is net carbs and sugar alcohols.

It's SUGAR, specifically, that is the devil. Not all carbs.

Kinda the whole point of Keto is that if you're a fatty, you probably don't actually know the difference. Doing keto will teach you that difference, and break your sugar addiction while allowing you to add "good" carbs back into your diet.

Negative breh
>alcoholic ketoacidosis
>septic ketoacidosis
>any condition that shifts biochemical metabolism from cellular respiration to beta oxidation of fatty acids and produces in sustained excess of serums ketones can create a state of ketoacidosis
But ya, mostly diabetics

>Carbs truly are a work of the devil.
Only if you are fat fuck who is desperate to lose weight and actually look like a real human for the first time. Carbs are awesome

>Roommate fell for the keto meme

Jesus fucking Christ all he eats is eggs and meat for every meal. he's gone through 50 eggs in a week

It's disgusting

>50 Eggs a week
Living the dream man

>50 eggs a week
a true God if true

lol you fucking clown, have fun staying fat you social reject

>when you're trying to troll but you forgot to eat your carbs so instead you just sound like a difficult 9 year old

>You will never lose weight unless you consume carbohydrates! Fat makes you fat!

Who's the clown, user?

>when you don't have any actual arguments so you just call people who do keto mean names

a difficult 9 year old is not a mean name for someone who thinks that people who don't do keto only eat bread and sugar

What about a balanced diet, user? What's wrong with carbs and fats?

Keto in itself isn't a bad idea imho, but the performance drop isn't worth it

Everytime I eat carbs I get tired as fuck and want to sleep. What iw wrong with me? Should I try keto?

>Keto: how to lose weight without getting any healthier

This. If I don't eat a giant as bag of chips once a week, then wtf am I doing anything at all for?

Cccan I join? Slow carb here, just finishing a chipotle bowl.

It's incredibly cheap, too.

>start watching what I eat
>all healthy foods
>all healthy is just no grains/sugar Jewry
>cut pop out too (diet pop too)

Little insert diet pop was originally my outlet and I would drink it thinking no calories meme but I actively noticed my appitite would spike and it would just be really difficult to withstand the cravings for carbs after, so I find the will to resist pop is easier than the will to resist sugar after diet pop (not that I was actively avoiding carbs it was just a want of sugar after)

>start doing a half an hour of elliptical cardio
>weight just melts off
>see more of the Chad Thundercock everyday

tl;dr... Not all carbs are bad if Keto is hard just cut out the junk food and pop you'll eventually be able to see all the effects for yourself just aim for fat > carbs for calorie fulfillment and take a vitamin

Low carb =/= keto.

Yea but I haven't read anything quantifiy that being in ketogenic state is even a thing

How many carbs were you eating?

How does a diet of all healthy food end up being low in carbs?

Gorging on 300g carbs daily is not healthy nor natural

>natural
lol

>not healthy
Depends.

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/epilepsy/diagnosis-treatment/treatment/txc-20117241

ctrl-f keto

TL;DR - Ketogenic diet can treat epilepsy.

Of course it is. What do you think a healthy diet is? Most healthy foods contain carbohydrate.

>Side effects of a ketogenic diet may include dehydration, constipation, slowed growth because of nutritional deficiencies and buildup of uric acid in the blood, which can cause kidney stones

Why would someone choose keto over just eating less?

I've had no issues dieting by just eating two 300 cal meals a day with a 1200 cal meal before my workout.

Personally I chose keto becuase most of my calories were from carbs.
Like I would have 2 pieces of toast with breakfast, two more at lunch and chips, dinner would have pasta or include bread somehow.
I was eating nearly 3000 cal a day with a large part being bread.
When I started keto I cut down to almost 1000 below my TDEE just by not eating bread, pasta, rice, beans.
I already didn't drink soda or eat lots of sugar so that part was easy.
I've lost about 35lbs doing keto and have added a few carbs (around 50-70g a day) back to my diet but I did it really slowly.
Still losing weight but at a slower rate

That makes sense mostly as a change of macros, I don't cut out carbs entirely I just make sure all of my carbs for the day are right before my workout so I have energy to use.

My 1200 calorie meal usually includes something like 500 calories of mini wheats for over 100g of carbs right before I work out.

Other than that I quite carefully avoid both fats and carbs so I can hit ~150g protein daily with the remaining 1300 cals. Not exactly challenging with meats or protein shakes though.

This. With carbs you can actually do cardio and increase your deficit. Keto is for inactive faggots.

You don't lift or do cardio, immobile fatty faggot.

No

>hur dur increase your carb intake they say
>obesity rates go up

Really makes you think

nobody who browses /fit should be doing keto
keto is the anti-athlete diet

Tell that to athletes who are doing it

where do I find them?
I know they're not in Rio

>No

Yes, you retard. Whole grains, fruits, legumes. The foundation of any diet that could be called healthy.

>>hur dur increase your carb intake they say
>>obesity rates go up
>Really makes you think

What people are told to do isn't what people do when it comes to diet. People aren't fat because they avoid sugar and eat lots of vegetables.

I think the best implementations for keto are:

-Morbidly obese individuals who need to lose weight QUICKLY.

-"mini-cuts" during a bulking phase if you happen to overeat.

are klondiek bars keto approved?

Hey keto brahs.
I'm visiting family and my grandma made all my favorite food
Brownies, Scalloped corn, Noodles, EVERYTHING i love. The fridge is loaded with all my favorite drinks

I have not had any of it. The old me would have eaten it and then purged. But i have not had a single bite.

I just went into ketosis today. Feels good brahs. I think i'm gonna make it!

>Select all the cookies

Its ok. Maybe when you will be older and do some research you will understand

I choose keto because i was very fat. Still pretty fat and i had a hard time with self control. Having these strict unbreakable rules is actually comforting to me. It makes me not even consider having carbs.

It helped me quit soda cold turkey.

>y-you just don't get it like I do...

Let me guess, you use the phrase "red pilled"

mediterranean diet is considered healthiest diet in the world. Fish,veggies,healthy fats

The human body is a complex chaotic system - the starting point matters.
Keto makes sense in terms of weight loss. It's not recommended for maintaining.

user, trolling with effort as low as this doesn't work. you have to at least pretend you know something. I wish you luck next time

The traditional mediterranean diet is mainly whole grains, vegetables, legumes, and fruit. Barley, wheat, chickpeas, fava beans, swiss chard, figs, apples, grapes, etc. It's so centered around grains and beans that it's described as almost vegetarian.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/61/6/1321S.short
youtube.com/watch?v=jqbQ82ld-4o

Except its not. Very low % of your calories should come from grains.

Your re-imagined low-carb version of the mediterranean diet doesn't reflect the actual "mediterranean diet" described in the medical literature.

>Sugar
>Ever

>re-imagined
I am Greek. I know more about this diet than you or your merifat friends

>Today, the healthy Mediterranean diet is changing and coronary heart disease is no longer confined to medical textbooks. Our challenge is to persuade children to tell their parents to eat as Mediterraneans do.

Even if you're Greek, your diet is not "the Mediterranean diet." The diet of Greece is more like the standard American diet now.

i could go for some cheeky mediterranean food right now

mmm

soda will give you like 20 minutes of energy in the gym

i prefer oats + additional fat and protein a couple hours prior. my sessions tend to last 1.5-2 hours and i don't get burnt out.

i do want to look into carb cycling on my next cut, though. anyone know how this would work if i'm on a 6 day split? maybe high carb for legs, moderate carb for push and pull and then no carbs on my one rest day?

because the concept of no carb is to blunt insulin.

It'd have to be no protein too

oh yeah nothin really gets my insulin spikin' hard like a big piece of chicken

Well yeah, meat is very insulinogenic.

>carbs
>good

>Why would someone choose keto over just eating less?
I chose it for my diet because after clearing the minimum .5g protein/lb of lean mass as well as minimal fats for the sake of nutrition, there were so few calories left to spare (around 400) that it wasn't a big deal to cut down carbs below 40g carbs/day.

Doing an IRONMAN 10/1. Switched to low carb after white rice and gu gave me prediabetes.

All my times and lifts got better.

Why would you go cut all carbs instead of eating healthy carbs instead? Healthy carbs like oats and beans help prevent diabetes

Citation fucking needed

h-how does it taste a-user?

>always wondered if i could eat dog food since it fits my nutritional needs perfectly.

>not simply doing low carb and restricting your carb timing to before and after you train.
Have fun going insane.

it's the same mindset as bitches that think all men are evil because one prick fucked her over

>Healthy carbs
the newest oxymoron

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15162131

>being willingly retarded

diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/diabetes-superfoods.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

>muh slightly less digestible sugar is better
Great job security

Slow-digesting carbs are better than no carbs

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25351652

>Carbs truly are a work of the devil.
Fucking idiot.