Alright Veeky Forums, who here smokes cigarettes?

alright Veeky Forums, who here smokes cigarettes?
and if you guys do, how often? how old were you when you first started?

>tfw no qt Marlboro-smoking punk gf

Other urls found in this thread:

idosersoftware.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=185
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I smoked for 8 years (up to 20 a day) but quit, roughly 5 years ago.

Life is so much better not being a smoker. I don't mind being around other smokers tho. I fucking hate self-righteous anti smokers still.

I hate the idea of lung cancer and premature aging. I'll smoke a cigar a few times a year, but I'm not white trash so I don't touch cigarettes

>tfw no qt Marlboro-smoking punk gf
thats pretty much every girl at a british uni

What is there to hate about anti smokers though?
I mean, anti smoker as in I'd chill with you and don't give a shit, but I find the concept of smoking cigarets retarded and am under the impression that the only reason you would ever pick the habit up is because of social pressure and the will to be part of smoking groups during teenager ages.

I smoke 1/2 - 1 packs a day, for 15 years now, tried to quit about 10 times. Longest abstinence from nicotine was 13 months, got addicted again because 99% of my friends smoke

Every time i tried to quit i gained about 15-20kgs.

I work in a very stressful job

So its either smoking or obesity for me

Lmao look at this fucking pussy can't even fucking control himself. Back to tumblr

The fuck are you on about, you won't randomly gain kilos by not smoking.

Can you not think and function without stuffing something into your mouth or what?

I mean the types who fake cough as soon as they pass within a few feet of someone smoking.
The types who preach directly at smokers about how they shouldn't smoke like they think they're the only person ever to tell them.

Try reading pic related.
It'll help you quit without feeling the need to replace the nicotine with anything else.

Its the feeling of loss that makes quitting hard. When you realise that you aren't actually losing anything good, it isn't hard to stop.

We don't fake cough you delusional addict.

Thanks, i'll give it a try

you're real cool man :)

I don't smoke, since i start coughing when I inhale that shit, I've tried a couple times in HS but naw

I do dip tobacco, have done it since 2007, feels good man

I smoked for 8 years, then one day I suddenly didn't feel like it anymore and stopped completely, haven't smoked in 5 years now.
It's a fairly dumb habit, no upside to it whatsoever.

Lol yes we do.
Used to do it as a kid

i smoke black and milds, trying to quit. 18 when start.

Smoked a lot in my final year of uni. I always go back to it when I'm stressed/nervous too (before/after job interviews etc). Even though scientifically it doesn't help with that I guess.

Always found it easy to quit though, but that's because I'm not currently around people who regularly smoke. Quitting whilst still at uni was impossible.

That's pretty common actually. Most ppl eat more than they've ever done right after quitting smoking. Cigarettes are hunger suppressant, which is one of the reasons people smoke them to begin with.

First smoked at 16. 18 now, smoke roughly one cigarette a day. I started because the whole thing seemed such a taboo and I'd always been curious about what it was like.

do they like southern american accents?

youre wromg

cigs will get you a little high. a very small and short high. it gets addicting when you add nicotine to it. It's nothing to do with social pressure. most non smokers are loud and proud about not smoking.

Wow you must be the life of the party. How many have you been to?

Fuck I hate cigarettes so much. My dad smokes a lot of recent and I can't get it to his head how much it hurts. I just get angry with him.

smokes few cigars a week crew checking in

I'd be smoking too if you were my son. He should have abused you by asking all over your body, you fucking faggot

started at 19
regular smoker til age 24 with couple half year hiatus inbetween
i quit few months ago because i wasnt even smoking that many and grew tired of it.
At peak i was smoking pack a day, and until recently i was only smoking 2-3 cigs a day.

Ashamed to say it but I've occasionally had a few drags of cigarette on an occasional party if someone is smoking. I'm drunk and I want to act cool I guess.

Don't smoke at all regularly and I don't plan on either. Waste of money. I'm a nurse and I see what happens to people that smoke when they get older. They need long term oxygen therapy and can't even get out of bed without getting out of breath. Ded lungs and ded life. Fuck that shit.

You sound like someone I don't think I'd ever like to interact with.

I vape.

I tend to get a cigar for special occasions (constitution day, birthday, the first Friday of each month and new year's, really), but I've been meaning to get into it more often than that.
I'm pretty boring, though, and usually go for a Montecristo no. 1, no. 2, no. 4 or Romeo y Julieta Churchills, but they're all pretty good so I don't mind.

Anything you'd recommend?

Yeah you sound like a massive pussy. You are the literal opposite of a man.

I was 18 when I first started, it was a good ride and I had a blast.
I first started noticing the negatives of smoking when I was 25, running got a little harder, and I started having shit energy levels.
I'm 27 and been clean for a few months now.
Noticeable gains in all departments, erections are slowly getting back to teenage year strength.
It takes a long time for your body to get back to pre smoking health though, only regret is that I didn't quit a few years ago. Just to save money and not lose some of my physical strength.

If you're a long term smoker or heavy smoker you're fucking up your testosterone. If lifting is something you're seriously into and aren't cheating. I'd suggest you quit.

Day 1 no cigs

I have no idea how people can smoke. Lots of my extended family smokes like a chimney, but my mom is probably the worse because she had successfully quit for almost six years before starting again last year. And even worse is she started smoking in the car, and I feel the house isn't far behind. I hate visiting her or even being close to her because everything always reeks of cigarettes and honestly they make her look sickly. Yellow teeth, shit skin, bad breath, the works.

I encouraged her to try a less damaging alternative like cigars or pipe smoke (I emphasized thag she shouldn't inhale those like cigarettes, and that they were less dangerous as a result) but she won't even try it. I've pretty much given up.

I smoke whenever I haven't had enough sleep.

Beechnut chew is better and maybe a can of meat and a hot pickle

Irregular cycling with caffeine and nicotine is a rollercoaster

sure you will, addict.

Same here

I smoked for 3 years, it started because my first girlfriend smoked. After we broke up I started getting fit. The first thing I did was "quit". I haven't smoked in 6 months right now. Thing is, whenever I get stressed out my mind instantly goes to cigs. Should have never started.

>I've have never been addicted to anything
Good on you, but you sound ignorant

Smokers come from all walks of life you dumb dick.

Thank you very much!

yeh I smoke 10+ ciggies a day since I was 15

Ive quit for 5 months before but yeh pre much everyone I know smokes so got back on em.
Not to worried desu ill quit before 30

>ill quit before 30
It doesn't work like that. You'll only stop when you are dead. Seriously.

Start reading that

fuck this filter

honestly if thats true I still dont care.

Sucks how we're looked down on for doing something we enjoy. No one fake vomits when a fat person eats fast food.
We dont put morbidly obese people on the packaging of cheesecake with warning messages about diabetes.
Fair bullshit im healthier than 90% population even though I smoke

I never paid to kill myself in the long run because I'm not stupid nor a faggot who gives up his own will because of social pressure.

>I never paid to kill myself in the long run because I'm not stupid nor a faggot who gives up his own will because of social pressure.

probably eats sugar everyday.

Neck yourself faggot Ill throw my ciggies on your grave

I've never met a single person who vapes that isn't a fat shit or a pencil necked fag.

Smoking is cool, vaping isn't. We get it. Thanks for your input.

About half a pack a day, give or take a few. Started when I was 24, right in the middle of my time in the military. Started with dip really, to help stay awake while on deployment. Didn't really like dip, so switched to cigarettes. Figured since I don't have an addictive personality (not a heavy drinker, never did drugs, etc) it would be relatively easy to quit. Fuck was I wrong. Been out of the military for over a year and still smoking like a chimney. Definitely need to sack up and quit.

Eisenhower smoked 4 packs a day during WWII. Docs told him he should quit when he became President. Fucker quit cold turkey. Wish I had that kind of willpower.

exactly like me, except i quit. dont be a faggot.

Thats you in the pic btw

I'm a horrid stress smoker, but I've been able to quell the urges with nicotine gum and doing deadlifts when I'm angry.

I don't eat sugar since I found out how unhealthy it is, and that was like 4 or 5 years ago.

>wanting to live long
>not engaging in reckless behavior
low t pussy detected, Chad smokes. You're forever a Melvin

I quit the day after getting out. I didn't even like it when I was in but WTF is there to do right?

Ain't that the truth. I tried to quit a couple times while I was still in, but it felt like 50% of military, or at least Marines, smoke or dip. So invariably I would find myself walking by a smoke pit filled with other weak-willed fucks and give in. 'Quitting' never lasted for more than a week. Haven't actually tried to quit since I got out.

>smoke roughly one cigarette a day
why are you even smoking then?
all your doin is putting ur body in withdrawal

Sand niggers smoke the most you dumb Jew now gtfo of my bored

Sometimes when I go out I smoke a few (6 a month max)

It's bretty good. This way my tolerance doesn't increase at all so I only need to 2 cigs to feel saturated. I also have the 'cighigh' without destroying my health.

>Figured since I don't have an addictive personality
a plebs mentality.

I smoke like 6 cigs per day. That's not much desu. I started smoking when I was 16, I'm 20 now.

pic related my favorite smokes

I smoke 2-3 when I'm out drinking. Not a big deal really. The incidence of cancer is very low at this volume and it feels good.

But I also run 5km twice a week and lift 3x a week.

idosersoftware.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=185

If you think it doesn't work it works.

Who /luckies/ here?

Also I started smoking 'bout 6 years ago, when I was 15 or something.

Great way to socialize by the way. If you ever want to broaden up your social circle, just smoke

About 8 ciggies a day

i smoke parliaments or gitanes

2-3 a day ~4 days a week. helps with appetite while cutting.

anyone know if nicotine affects hormones?

> I'll smoke a cigar a few times a year, but I'm not white trash so I don't touch cigarettes

>smoke a pack with friends yesterday
>all lifts drop by ~20% today
Coincidence?

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

I smoked 10 cigarretes per day, and I started when i was 18 years old, but i left the cigarrete whe i was 26 it was killing me.