Hey Veeky Forums, is 5x5 just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8BU429MuI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, It's 25.

Idk man. How strong are you?

It's alright to cycle on. But I wouldn't do it every workout

5 sets is a fucking meme

it's good to start but it will quickly become far too much volume to sustain every workout at a 5rm intensity.

This. I broke my plateau thanks to that but it's not sustainable.

I used to cube back in the day, never got super fast but I averaged low 20's at my peak. Good times

kek'd and checck'd

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8BU429MuI

3x5 is superior to novice for linear progression

For a more intermediate lifter, 5x5 at 80% your 1rm is good for volume to generate fatigue.

Not op but if I can bench press and also squat 95 lbs in a set with 20 reps, with what weight should I begin starting strength?

Since you're going to do LP I'd suggest start at 100lbs and add 5 per workout. Yes, it will be easy at first. It soon won't be.

LP? I'm doing ss

SS is LP (linear progression)

no thats a rubix cube

5x5 is alright to start out with at lower weights.
It builds both aesthetic qualities and will work for strength training.
However at some point you'll break even.
It's just going to be near impossible if you don't cycle when you reach x weight. You'll reach your third or fourth set and begin to falter.
For me 3 pl8 squats was the point I stopped doing 5x5, 2 pl8 bench, never had an issue on DL.
I can no longer do 5x5 on curls due to weight, I can still do chinups/pullups with little issue.

I changed to 3 sets after hitting 95kg squat on SL. Was that too early?

yes

Different guy Why do ou say its Too early?
Im at 90kg squat and its starting to get heavy. Im afraid to fail a set, never failed on squat before. There is a safety bar but I have this fear of fucking my arms by letting the bar drop

that pic is 5x5x5 dumbass. dat dere three dimensional sets bruh

Yup. Low rep workouts like SS or SL are designed to make you int a fat t-rex shaped loser.

Do Starting Aesthetics if you want to look good.

i think i'm okay with this response being a thing for these threads

If you fail then you fail. No big deal. You won't get hurt unless you do something terribly stupid.

If you're really afraid of hurting yourself, you can bail on a set before taking the rep and call it a failure.

Go for 1.5x bodyweight before you drop to 3x5 at least. More if you're still making progress. Deload at least twice before that too.

No reason to stop doing something that's working.

> Leg press
> no squats
> decline bench

might as well add some smith machines and 3x10 buttfucks

>Mfw to fit to multiply

Thanks for the feedback. I really liked the last part.

Ill stick to 5x5 then

That rubiks cube would be 5x5x5 though that's why they call it five cubed :^)

5x5 is the best way to build a foundation