Is swimming the most healthiest form of cardio? Any swimming brehs on here? Would like to know some good routines

Is swimming the most healthiest form of cardio? Any swimming brehs on here? Would like to know some good routines.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9jAD1ofm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9jAD1ofm4

It's pretty good cardio. There's no routine I can tell you except for "do lengths".

Swimmer here. I'd say it's pretty good. Along with a good cardio work out it also works your lats, triceps, and quads really well

How the fuck do I learn how to swim without taking a class with a bunch of three year olds? I'm 22 and in uni and would like to start swimming, but I can barely doggy paddle.

Hire a personal coach

Or youtube vids

Practice doggy paddling in the shallow end at the beach
Bring a friend to hold you up while you lie on your back the first few times if you don't want to drown

metric fag here I swim something like
-warmup 200m freestyle (usually 50m crawl, 50m back, 50m butterfly, 50m crawl becasue fuck chest style)
-200m crawl first 50m 2 breath cycles then every 3 and then every 4 then every 6
-100m backstyle
-100m butterfly
-200m cooldown (same as warmup)
I just focus on good technique and breathing, once a week I go full tard and try to get all my meters as fast as possible

>Not doing breaststroke
Objectively the best for gains, look at any competitive breast stroker, they are bigger than any of the others.

Bench 2 per week and I swim 4-5 per week, it literally was getting in the way of my bench gains that's why I avoid it

Quads? For long axis strokes like back or free there's minimal leg involvement. The kicking pretty much just overcomes the drags they cause and doesn't provide much in terms of propulsion.

pics? I dont know any

nice thanks

I can tell you've never swam at a high level because your kicking is now than half your propulsion

How can I work on my endurance? I can only do a lap or two at a time without having to stop and get my breathe back. Also what's best for developing your body? I find that breast stroke kills my whole upper body more than anything else.

former swim instructor here

really not unusual to have adult lessons, tbqh. We realize not everyone had a chance to learn as a kid, no shame about it. Ask at your uni gym if they have swim lessons/tutors for adults, they'll most definitely hook you up.

Squash is better

Consider joining a team if you plan on swimming consistently.

Swimming alone is pretty shit and having coach to write workouts and critique form is quite nice.

Swim teams are usually 99-100% whites as well.

Is there a swimming practice that targets core muscles? Like abs, lower back, and obliques?

yeah: swimming

butterfly
or as silly as it sounds breaststroke drills where you use just your legs

but as said swimming in general does it