How do you get into being social?

how do you get into being social?

I've always been a loner but slowly start to miss a good friend or gf. I'm not an autist, had friends in school and sometimes met some of them outside of school if the initiated it but most of my time I spent in my room on my computer. I liked it and it didn't really bother me. When I was 14 or 15 people around me started going to parties, I didn't. I'm not really interested in trying out clubbing up to this day but maybe my fews would change if I ever went to an actual party.
I'm starting to become a bit more social, I found a group of friends that I'm really comfortable around and in which people apparently really like me. We do things about once per month but I never meet anyone of those one on one. I think it's because I never really learned how to move relationships to "the next level". I can make superficial friendships pretty easily but I'm shit at making an actual bro or gf. I have literally no idea what to do for a date and wouldn't even know how to ask someone to meet up. And if I had that bro or gf, how would I keep it that way? I can't imagine there is enough stuff to do/talk about to fill the time I'd spend with them.

>TL;DR
>how to make gf/bros when you've been a loner your whole life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvjSTmUWZcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just "bee" yourself ;)

what do you even say to a girl this beautiful

fpbp

>filename

buzz buzz, haha!

of all boards I've frequented in my time.
Veeky Forums is probably the most depressing by far because here come people who would want to change and are not content with being autismo
like /r9k/ and other boards
These kind of threads just rip my heart apart and summon feels I've buried long ago

Hey uh-uhh-uh-*ahem*
What's your credit card number?

I've had success with girls like this in the past by accepting first and foremost that they WILL NOT SLEEP WITH ME.
So rather than treating them like a sex object I just talked to them like normal.
Apparently they're not used to that though. Because it totally throws them for a loop when they say something like, "Hey do you want to come out with my friends and I?" And you reply, "No, thanks."
For some reason a switch goes off in their head and they become like obsessed with you.
Though it helps to be moderately attractive too.

You tell her your stats bro all the bitches love it

i guess you just either say fuck it and do it or keep being a loner, at least that's what happened to me in high school, i was pretty much the kid that got bullied 24/7 during middle school. Then when i started HS i was so done that i just started socializing like i was a fucking Sim, just going up to people and starting conversations. I ended up meeting friends that i still talk to and more importantly i probably saved myself from becoming a massive autist

the problem is that going up to people might not work when you're 30 and in public

>ctrl+f
>type rsd
>nothing

Go search up Real Social Dynamics on youtube, it'll help alot.
They got alot of couches that'll suit your taste, the ones i would recommend would be tyler, jeffy, max and julien.
It's mainly a company for pickup, but they are very fond of self development and eckart tolle and whatnot.
We humans are all social beings, we just have to get in tune with ourselves now and again.

You clearly know how to start superficial friendships easily (Be nice, positive, curious about new things yadda yadda) so just apply it to the kind of people you think would make good bros or GFs.
Once you're comfortable with eachother, advance it, like inviting him/her for a bite to eat/come with you to a concert/move furniture/whatever. Doesn't have to be anything big, just a signal that you appreciate their company enough to warrant taking some time out of your day to do something with them. If they go with it, you'll get to know each other better and eventually form a deeper relationship if you click together. If they don't, then tough fucking luck try someone else.

the fact you have made this thread just tells me you are DYEL.

conclusion: get fit

you dont need to say anything they will come talk to you but ONLY after you squatted 315 for 5 below parallel

Has anyone else noticed that litrelly no one else wants new friends? i mean when i work a job, perhaps part time i make friends with people. But it never goes anywhere, they don't invite me out and always mention how they are going out with "his or her friends". Friends they have known for years and been friends together for years.

Seriously, it's as if everyone is contempt with the friends they already have and don't want more.

>it's as if everyone is contempt with the friends they already have

qeq

If you don't ask you'll never get invited. You're not a pretty girl, nobody is going to invite you to anything automatically. You'll have to ask.

>it's as if everyone is contempt with the friends they already have and don't want more

Because that's very true, I've known my 4 friends since middle school and outside of acquaintances and meeting girls i don't feel the need to have more friends

The only way I've made a friend recently is noticing someone's cauliflower ear and then asking if he was a wrestler.

He was and so was I (once upon a time), and we both did bjj too.

It's almost too easy to make friends among people who do grappling sports.

Outside of that, though, I don't know. I wish meeting girls could be this easy.

This is false

Source: I squat 315 for 10 at depth

are you over 21?

Go to the bars for a month straight, rain or shine

but what do you do at bars?
Even if I forced myself to drink alcohol I'd have no idea what to do except sit on the bar and read Veeky Forums on my phone. Just going up to people and introducing myself sounds weird af.

cultivate an aura of mystery

Practice talking/speeches. Autismo, I know, but the second step in making friends is to talk to them, the first step being that you walk up to them. After you walk up to them, if you spaghetti yourself, it doesn't make a good impression, so learn how to not trip over your words.

Read out loud stuff like "The Art of War", or anything that is interesting but not within your "safe space". Practice tongue twisters

You need to socialize your hobbies.
If you play video games, find a local spot where people play regularly and semi competitively.
If you play board games, find a tabletop club or a board game shop that does game nights.
If you like sports, join a casual league for a sport you like.
Those are the best and easiest ways to make friends in my experience, and how I made many of my friends when I first moved from my home town to a new city for work after college.

But I program and produce EDM. Can't imagine how I'd somehow socialize doing that shit.

Doing anything you're not used to would probably sound weird, and you're not used to talking to new people.

Generally, try to think of things you want to know about someone and try to come up with questions for them. It makes you seem interested and takes the pressure of talking off of you. If you're in a group of people and don't want to know anything about anyone, then you're definitely an uninteresting person yourself.

By continually seeming interested in other people, you will eventually find the people who want to do nothing but bother you constantly about the inane details of their life on a regular basis.

Congratulations, you have a friend.

Well first and foremost, stop doing both of those things immediately

Is that your only hobby?
Also, I don't have experience with that particular hobby, but it seems to me like you might be able to try and DJ at less busy nights at some clubs if you do that, and that's pretty high level socialization.

+ vidya and movies but that's not a hobby.

Ignore this guy. Mysterious isn't like in the movies, you're not mysterious by not approaching women. You're mysterious by not giving away too many details about your life. Make her work for it.

Wow such an "alpha", walking on the street pissing everybody else off. He REALLY showed them

Your city doesn't have an Arts and Culture Centre that shows arthouse movies sometimes? Those are usually great ways to meet women.
Vidya might not help you meet women, but if you play anything competitive, shooters, MOBAs, fighting games, etc. if you live in a city of 100,000 or more there's usually a social group of people who play those things together regularly. I've only lived in one big city, but even if the other smaller Canadian cities I've lived in there were Street Fighter groups that played every other Sunday at a bar. I made some good friends at those.

if you can't figure out how to socialize a music genre that revolves around mdma and attractive females then you're probably a lost cause.

>implying I actually like EDM concerts and drugs

probably too much buttwink

>mfw when i can't do a single squat without buttwink
what do ;_;

Exposure, just fucking go clubbing and partying regardless of what your head is telling you. Message a few of your "superficial friends" and see if they're going out one Friday/Saturday night.

im aboutta essplain that uh im a melonare bodybuilder powerlifter mma semi pro air conditioner yootewb celery, what do you think of my pissening freaky lightsaber? it pretty big for a bodybuilder. so how many subs do you think i'll have in 6 months?

You just do it.

It will fucking suck. But then you keep doing it.

See it like working out. Start with small gatherings at first, once those start getting easy you throw in some parties. Just keep going to people and talking to them. Some might hate you for it, you'll feel like an autist very often, but then one day you'll do it and you'll notice everything went great. And you'll feel the gains.

Go with some friends who you know are also trying to pick up chicks and try and "pressure" eachother to go chat up girls you like the look of while you're out.

Kekd so hard everyone in the gym is looking at me

Squat more

>produce EDM
Try and get a gig as a DJ in a shitty club and go from there. Also do whatever you can to get your work promoted online and build up a profile.

I just want to be eye-raped by a qt at a club and be too socially awkward to do anything about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvjSTmUWZcA
Real Social Dynamics

and enter snap city? nooooo

damn Tyler used to be skinny

I'm great at being social when I'm around people I feel comfortable with - in my hometown I'm fairly well known, and going out I find it easy to chat with whoever.

However, ever since I moved to a new city, it's like I have no ability to make friends. I mean real friends. There are people I've met at the gym, or through friends of friends from my hometown, and occasionally we'll hang out or have a beer, but it's still an entirely superficial rapport. It's easy to hang out with people like that - being positive, talking about mundane "safe" subjects, and basically just being boring as fuck. You know, bitching about school or work or whatever, that sort of thing.

I miss the witty sarcastic banter I used to have with my friends at home; being completely open and honest without having to worry about offending or putting someone off, and being my actual charismatic self instead of this awful watered down version of me that's tailored to be accepted by boring, basic normies. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I just stop trying to be likeable and be a sarcastic dickhead (who I actually am most of the time)?

I've just come to the conclusion that you don't get to make any more real friends once you hit a certain age and I've passed it

>Real Social Dynamics
yep, that is the thing
One of them was denied entrance to some countries, accused of rape,..
But yes, RSD works, somehow.

That's pretty true, especially if you're single. Also as you get older, your interests narrow and are likely to not be shared with many others.

How depressing.

Being content with sucking is much more depressing

>jesus christ, you are gorgeous!
its that simple get an punch line in. but if you are in a friends of friends meeting you might not want to look so explosive on the first interaction
>i cant stop staring into your eyes, they r butifool!

>tmmv, nogfland

This is retarded and a quick way to end up in the friend zone

And not true

it's step below actually slaying poon but a step above putting the pussy on a pedestal and being scared to even talk to girls

this

Because most people have few actual friends, that are like family. Having more than 2..3 is already a lot. Others are acquaintances that are interacted with on random basis or because they initiate an activity.

Don't wait to get invited to this "family". Initiate activities yourself and sometime they'll ask to bring one of their friends along. That's how you get to know them.

Be more pro-active then you fucking beta. Organise a night out with them yourself rather than expecting people to hand you everything on a platter.

why do you have a hobby that you do not enjoy

If you're Chad then you don't have to say anything :^)

It sounds retarded as fuck when I read it too, but god damnit it can work. I moved to a another country and went to take language classes. When i got to the class there was just 1 person in there. a girl beautiful as fuck and dressed so nice and good makeup and fucking Japanese. I was literally spaghetti'ing everywhere. But I just talked with her and treated her like a person throughout the semester and we hung out. Except for that initial 2mins of intro, I was pretty normal and just tried to be on my toes and be funny. After 3 months, we have our farewell dinners and she asks me for a ride home. Walking to the car, she gets closer to me and says I dont know what it is about you, but I like you a lot. past 23 years later bitch has been my gf. But to go back to that OP. Yeah from the get go i just knew we were in 2 different leagues. But because I was never trying to get into her pants. She befriended me and got to know me and we clicked well.

As I get older it's easier to make acquaintances, but making new friends is becoming almost impossible. I moved around a lot as a kid and as an adult I've moved around a bit for work, so I have no roots planted anywhere.

The only places I lived where I found making new friends easy were NYC and SF bay areas. Everywhere else people just hang out with people they've already known forever and have absolutely zero interest in expanding or changing their social circle.

>hey baby, you want some fuck?